Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
10 answers
410 views
Good Morning,
if I set the "OutputCompression" in the RadScriptManager Control to "AutoDetect" or "Forced" there is no different in the size of the "Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" File (about 500kb!!!).

I have everytime the same Filesize of 500kb, what ever which value ("Disabled", "AutoDetect" or "Forced") I use.

My System:
Win 2008 Server
IIS 7
Telerik 2009.2.701.35

Any ideas how to fix that? Must I configure something else to enable the OutputCompression?

Thanks in advance.

Regards Dirk
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2010
1 answer
162 views

I have followed this simple example and implemented similarly:-

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/tree_databindinghierarchical.html

The problem:- GetDataSet() method returns a DataSet with the complete Ques table with all the rows and columns(QuesID,QuesParentID,QuesAns,Active,QuesTypeID and so on)

Now the probelm is that the RadTreeview is not binding well. Like The root node displays Questions but the the child nodes are not displaying the correspoding answer. Also, some root nodes do not have a child node at all. Those root nodes that DO have a child node are displaying Questions as their text and not Answers. I surmise it's something wrong with the BindTree() method only. What could it be? I mean RADTreeView is implemented in a very simple manner in that link above. I only followed accordingly. What is wrong??

aspx page;-

<asp:Content ID="Content3" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">

<telerik:RadTreeView runat="server" ID="tree1" OnNodeDataBound="tree1_NodeDataBound"></telerik:RadTreeView>

</asp:Content>

Code Behind :-

 public partial class TestTree :
   
System.Web.UI.Page {
       
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
       
{
           
if (!IsPostBack)
           
{
               
BindTree(tree1);
           
}
       
}

       
private DataSet GetDataSet()
       
{
            bllQues objbllQues
= new bllQues();
           
var ds = new DataSet();
           
return objbllQues.GetQues();

       
}

       
protected void BindTree(RadTreeView treeView)
       
{
           
DataSet ds = new DataSet();
            ds
= GetDataSet();
            tree1
.DataTextField = "Ques";
            tree1
.DataValueField = "QuesAns";
            tree1
.DataFieldID = "QuesID";
            tree1
.DataFieldParentID = "QuesParentID";
            tree1
.DataSource = ds;
            tree1
.DataBind();
       
}

       
protected void tree1_NodeDataBound(object sender,
   
RadTreeNodeEventArgs e)
       
{
            e
.Node.ToolTip = (e.Node.DataItem as
   
DataRowView)["QuesAns"].ToString();
       
} }

Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Dec 2010
1 answer
124 views
Hi,

Is there any way to globally assign a node image dependent on if it's a parent or not?

I have code the sets the image based on the node.count for each node, but after re-binding the datasource, the RadControls blow-up.  It's almost as if the prior datasource is still being enumerated.

Anyway, if there's a better way for me to do this, rather than walking through the entire tree, I'd appreciate the knowledge.

Thanks,
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Dec 2010
3 answers
295 views
Is there a way to cancel the click on a menu item in the OnClientItemClicked event?

The documentation says you can by returning a false from the handler but I can seem to get it to work.

Here is a routine i wrote to cancel the postback if the user hits the cancel button on the confirm window 

function RADItemClicked(sender, eventArgs)
{
    var item = eventArgs.get_item();
    if(item.get_text()=="Save Changes") {
        if (!confirm("Save Changes?")) { return false }
    }
   
}

Not sure what im doing wrong. Any advise would be appreciated.

TIA
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2010
1 answer
758 views
Hi,

I have a radgrid where the columns are programmatically created which are having textboxes in detail grid. Upon clicking, a specific text box, popup window with another text box will appear and the user have to enter values in the text box. Upon closing the popup window, the value entered in the text box from the popup window needs to be populated in the text box which was clicked initially. I'm having trouble getting the value. Is there any way that I could achieve that. (Note: I cannot change the data entry concept because it is the user requirement). Thanks in advance.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Dec 2010
0 answers
84 views
Hi ,

I have a requirement like this.

I have booked one  slot ( room ) for perticular member  on 12/12/2010  3:00 PM     to 12/12/2010 5:00 PM. I will select these rooms  and members from perticular dropdown list and i  will insert appointment on the scheduler.

when i select  12/12/2010  3:30 PM     to 12/12/2010 5:00 PM same Room number and memberit should  give "Room already booked" message will come when i insert new appointment .

Can u help me this.

Thanks & Regards
Shashi....
shashidhar ch
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 17 Dec 2010
1 answer
140 views
Hi All,
I have a RadGrid with KeyboardNavigationSettings to use up and down arrows. When I click on a row, a ServerSide event is launched (with C# codebehind), but when I select a row with arrows the event is not fired. I suppose it could be a normal behaviour, but how could I launch that specific event?
Maybe a clientside event with OnRowSelected, but something like this 
if (eventArgs.get_keyCode() == 38) {
                var grid = $find("<%#RadGrid1%>");
                grid.SelectedIndexChanged();
            }
if (eventArgs.get_keyCode() == 38) {
     var grid = $find("<%#RadGrid1%>");
     grid.SelectedIndexChanged(null,null);
 }
if (eventArgs.get_keyCode() == 38) {
                var grid = $find("<%#RadGrid1%>");
                grid.SelectedIndexChanged();
            }
if (eventArgs.get_keyCode() == 38) {
                var grid = $find("<%#RadGrid1%>");
                grid.SelectedIndexChanged();
            }
if (eventArgs.get_keyCode() == 38) {
                var grid = $find("<%#RadGrid1%>");
                grid.SelectedIndexChanged();
            }
if (eventArgs.get_keyCode() == 38) {
                var grid = $find("<%#RadGrid1%>");
                grid.SelectedIndexChanged();
            }

doesn't work.

Thanks
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Dec 2010
5 answers
318 views
Hello Telerik team,

I have a requirement where I need to Edit/Update/Delete the items on a radgrid which are populated from a sharepoint list meaning my datasource is sharepoint datatable.I am using Pop up edit form on edit like shown in this http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/dataediting/popupeditform/defaultcs.aspx and when i click on "edit" I am able to show my present list item values on pop up edit form for that particular item.How do i write the events on "Update" and "Cancel" buttons inside the pop up edit form and how do i grab that particular item and update that item only.

I have one more issue.As shown in the blog mentioned above, I have a add new record.But when i click on that I am not able to show up the new edit pop up form and what kind of event can be written on that edit form to insert the record into the sharepoint list.

I have one more, I have used a rad window on delete which comes by using "Confirmtype"="Radwindow" on the column.How to write the events on that dialog box to delete or cancel the selected item.

Please provide me a sample with the sharepoint list because I saw many samples for sql datasource and none for a sharepoint list.
I greatly appreciate your response.

Thanks
Smith
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2010
2 answers
193 views
Hi,

I would like to know if is possible to remove the appointment delete icon that is shown when the mouse is moved over an appointment. I've tried using an AppointmentTemplate but no result.

Regards,
john
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Dec 2010
1 answer
65 views
How to set the image in export pdf.
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?