Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
261 views
Hi

What I specifically want to do is access the parent element of a grid row, specifically the the tbody element.

I am attempting to do this with the following JQuery snipet inside a RadScriptBlock

var

 

 

gridRowParent = $(".rgRow").parent;

Is this even possible.

Next I want to get the height of the gridRowParent.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

 

Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2011
7 answers
291 views
Hi,
I have code to show/hide detail tables inside rad grid in rdGrid_PreRender method. I have this code run on !IsPostback and handling expand/collapse inside ItemComand event handler.

        private void ShowHideQualifications(GridTableView tableView)
        {
            GridItem[] nestedViewItems = tableView.GetItems(GridItemType.NestedView);
            bool atleastOneTableExists = false;
            foreach (GridNestedViewItem nestedViewItem in nestedViewItems)
            {
                foreach (GridTableView nestedView in nestedViewItem.NestedTableViews)
                {
                    TableCell cell = nestedView.ParentItem["ExpandColumn"];
                    if (nestedView.Items.Count > 0)
                    {
                        atleastOneTableExists = true;
                    }
                    if (nestedView.Items.Count == 0)
                    {
                        cell.Controls[0].Visible = false;
                        nestedView.Visible = false;
                    }
                    cell.Controls[0].Visible = nestedViewItem.Visible = atleastOneTableExists;
                }
                atleastOneTableExists = false;
            }
        }

Now the issue is with paging. When I click on any other page, the grid is posting back and so the code in PreRender doesn't run to hide the detail tables. If I change the code to run always, it runs even when expand/collapse buttons are clicked.

How can I fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BC.
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2011
1 answer
183 views
I have a radscheduler component on an asp.net page - connected to a sql server data source.  I have stored procedures for the select, add, update and delete procedures. 

On the 'select' stored procedure, if I DON'T set the default values for the begin and end dates, the stored procedure doesn't select any records.  How can I check the 'dates' that the radscheduler is displaying and then submit those dates to the 'select' stored procedure?  (Obvously, the select stored procedures requires a date range)

Thanks!
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 May 2011
1 answer
257 views
Hi,

    i am using Rad grid and in side i am binding three columns (Start time,End time and Time Difference)
inside the Start time and End time columns i am using Rad Time Picker controls. and inside the Time difference column i am using label control . my question is when i am chaging time(start time or end time) i need to update the time difference in client side.
can you please tell me the solution for this

if possible send me a sample please

FYI: i have attached my grid screen shot please verify
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 May 2011
1 answer
111 views
Hi,

I'm using Radeditor to do some HTML file editing on my website and all the Images on my HTML page is from a shared path that I have assigned to my RadEditor Image manager. When I include any Image on to the content area of the RadEditor it shows the complete shared path in the image src attribute.

Is there any way that I could show just a relative path ?

For example : my images are in a shared path //serverName/FolderName/Images and I'm using an image from this path which  is shown in the HTML view as <image src ="//serverName/FolderName/Images/a.jpeg "/>

Is it possible to make the RadEditor to show just a relative path like  <image src ="/Images/a.jpeg "/> in the HTML view, I saw some ideas from other threads related to this topic but they are not applicable to the latest version of RadControls. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Mani
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2011
1 answer
98 views
Hi is there a way how to get full access to the AsynUpload used in the FileExplorer. I want to use some clientside events on the FileExporer related to the AsyncUploader like OnClientFilesSelected. However I can't seem to find these in the FileExplorer.

Thanks a lot
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2011
1 answer
143 views
Hello,
In the attached screen shot you will see on the left side I have 3 drop down boxes and below them I have a list of employees.
The drop down boxes are Division, region, branch.  Upon choosing these it filters the employees to show.
When the user selects an employee then I populate the information on the right side. I am mainly concerned about the pie chart, the bar chart, and the radgrid.

I need to get 2 things done, and I don't know how to get this accomplished.

1. When an employee is selected I need in the bar chart that employee's bars to be a diffenent color, shows that this employee is selected.  http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/chart/change-color-of-bars-for-selected-user.aspx corresponding help request.

2. When the user chooses another division, region or branch, I need the pie chart, bar chart, and radgrid to blank out.

The Division, Region, Branch and employee listing are in a user control. The radgrid is in a user control.  The chart on on the page I am using the sqldatasource control to do my binding. 

All controls are in an Ajax update panel.  I have an event handler which fires when an employee is selected for populating that employees info for the right side of the page.  I have tried this with selecting of Division, Region and branch but it did not work.
In this event I tried setting the datasource to null and rebinding, I tried .RemoveSeries but nothing has worked.

A small working sample would be very helpful.  In item 1 above in the other post they just supplied a few lines of code, not sure where to put that code ect...

If I need to supply specific code or anything else just let me know.
Thanks,
Keith.
Missing User
 answered on 19 May 2011
4 answers
93 views
Hi:
I need to know wath event fires when I press enter on filterbox on gridview.

thanks.
Elliott
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 May 2011
1 answer
128 views
Hi,
I am building a rad grid to display all the appointments. The problem I am having right now is to display date and time of an appointment in 2 different columns. May you show me how to separate date and time from an appointment StartTime?
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2011
3 answers
93 views

Hello,

I just wanted to report another issue with the RadEditor Control and support for IE9 using the latest release build 2011.1.413.35.

Apparently, the control is adding in a bunch of junk (trying to duplicate and then format the doctype and head sections).  Here's what I get when I use it normally (in ConvertToXhtml):

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"></meta><title>Test</title><style type="text/css">p { margin-top: 10px; }</style></head><body><!--CTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dt--><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"></meta><title>Test</title><style type="text/css">p { margin-top: 10px; }</style>begin my text


Here's what I should get and DO get when I use the 

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />

workaround:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html><head><title>Test</title><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /><style type="text/css">
p { margin-top: 10px; }</style></head><body>begin my text


Anyway, I wanted to report this in case others ran into the problem and also to hopefully get this fixed so I don't have to hack my code.

There should probably be an email that goes out or some form of notification about these problems.  They are pretty serious issues that affects a lot of content management and that could really be a pain for users or admins to go back and fix in their systems.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?