Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
158 views
 Radfilter.rootgroup.expression.clear()   this work at server side.

is there any way to clear rootgroupexpression at client side by java script.

Thanks
Bharat Veer
bharat veer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2011
1 answer
140 views
I just wanted to make everyone aware of a small mistype in the documentation for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2011 SP1.

In an examples listed you have:

protected void HandleNodeEdit(object sender, RadTreeNodeEventArgs NodeEvents)
{            
    RadTreeNode nodeEdited = NodeEvents.NodeEdited;
    string newText = NodeEvents.NewText;

    nodeEdited.Text = newText;
}

which, of course, should be RadTreeNodeEditEventArgs.

URL to the help page is below.

http://127.0.0.1:47873/help/1-7288/ms.help?method=page&id=P:TELERIK.WEB.UI.RADTREEVIEW.ALLOWNODEEDITING&product=TELERIK_RC_AJAX&productversion=2011_Q1&locale=en-US&topiclocale=EN-US&topicversion=100&SQM=2


Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2011
1 answer
113 views
Hi there,

Is there a control I can use which will show a loading image as part of a list? For example, I want to show the progress of multiple actions in the following format:

<green tick>    Syncing Item A
<red X>    Syncing Item B
<loading image here>    Syncing Item C

Basically, a loading image needs to be displayed next to the item which is currently being synced. When an item has been successfully synced, a green tick needs to show next to the item. If an error occurs with the sync, I want to show a red X.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2011
2 answers
103 views
Hi,

I have a problem with RadMenuItem,

My Question is, I have created one RadMenu with RadMenuItems, where the RadMenuItems will display in horizontal direction.

Up to now it is working fine, but when i click on outside of RadMenu, the RadMenuItems are not displaying

How to display the RadMenuItems continuously ...


Please help me..
Naresh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2011
6 answers
328 views
Hello
I have telerik:RadListBox.  I have a tooltip manager .
<telerik:RadToolTipManager runat="server" ID="radTTMgr" CssClass="prodOPB" Position="BottomRight" RelativeTo="Element"
    Width="180px" Height="100px" Animation="Fade" ShowCallout="false" OffsetX="-70" OffsetY="-1"
    ShowDelay="0" ShowEvent="OnClick" OnAjaxUpdate="OnAjaxUpdate" Skin="MySkin" HideEvent="LeaveTargetAndToolTip"       
    EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" >
</telerik:RadToolTipManager>

On RadListBox OnItemDataBound  I add controls to target controls collection
Control image = e.Item.FindControl("imgMenu");
this.radTTMgr.TargetControls.Add(image.ClientID, e.Item.DataKey.ToString(), true);

Everything is working fine except one minor thing that needs to be adjusted. When I do following sequence tooltip closes
1.   Click on target
2.   Move mouse to tooltip
3.   Move back to target and tooltip disappears.
At the same time as I do step 3 my ListItem is getting a “hover” class, so I’m wondering if that’s what causes my issue. I tried to use OnClientBeforeHide  to cancel close if my mouse is over target control but I could not figure that out. Can you please help
Thank you
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2011
3 answers
149 views
Does anyone know how to remove the space before the text on the button. It looks like space for an icon but I dont want to use an icon. I just want to display text.

Thanks
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 May 2011
3 answers
133 views
This seems like something that would be fairly straightforward to do.  In my grid, I want to have the 2 letter state abbreviation show up as a gridbound column.  But, when you go to edit or create a new record, I want the state column to be a griddropdowncolumn.  I'm would like to use the autogenerated form for this, not have it be inline edit.  What's the best way to go about this?  Thanks.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 May 2011
1 answer
56 views
hi,

have you seen this problem?

http://clip2net.com/s/WFXo

I don't know how to solve this one.

I have this code in my radgrid and I also declare a javascript "dblClickRow" in the head but it keeps popping up.
<ClientSettings>
<Resizing EnableRealTimeResize="True" AllowColumnResize="True"></Resizing>
        <ClientEvents OnRowDblClick="dblClickRow" />
<Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" EnableDragToSelectRows="False"></Selecting>
</ClientSettings>

Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2011
4 answers
151 views
First off, awesome 2011 Q1 release.  The new RibbonBar control is awesome!  I do have one question/issue though.

I have a pretty basic RibbonBar setup:

<telerik:RadRibbonBar ID="RibbonBar" runat="server">
        <telerik:RibbonBarTab Text="Home">
        </telerik:RibbonBarTab>
        <telerik:RibbonBarTab Text="Issue Tracker">
            <telerik:RibbonBarGroup>
                <Items>
                    <telerik:RibbonBarButton Text="Project Summary" ID="btnIssueTracker_ProjectSummary"
                        runat="server" Size="Large" />
                    <telerik:RibbonBarButton Text="Add Issue" ID="btnIssueTracker_AddIssue" runat="server"
                        Size="Large" />
                </Items>
            </telerik:RibbonBarGroup>
        </telerik:RibbonBarTab>
        <telerik:RibbonBarTab Text="Administration">
        </telerik:RibbonBarTab>
    </telerik:RadRibbonBar>

On the page below the RibbonBar, I have some controls (dropdowns, textboxes, etc) with validators attached to them.  However if I am on a page with validators and click on a different tab, it triggers a validation check.  I am using the RibbonBar as a sort of navigation menu so I need to be able to click any of the tabs without validating the page.  I didn't find a CausesValidation method on the control or button, am I missing it somewhere?
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2011
9 answers
1.3K+ views
Hello

I hv give the exception run time

Server Error in '/GowanKB' Application.

Selection out of range
Parameter name: value

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Selection out of range
Parameter name: value

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Selection out of range
Parameter name: value]
Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable dataSource) +180
Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +39
System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +31
Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +114
Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox.PerformSelect() +37
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +73
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +22
Telerik.Web.UI.RadDataBoundControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +36
Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +42
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +80
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842


Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053


why this come

my querty is
SELECT DisplayName + ' ' + CoopOrg AS Name, Email FROM dbo.Coop
i can create the dummy column Name by using 2 different column it working sucessfully


and combobox property are

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="radcoopname" runat="server" Width="310" AppendDataBoundItems="true"
                                MarkFirstMatch="true" AutoPostBack="true" DataSourceID="coopname" DataTextField="Name"
                                DataValueField="Email" ExpandAnimation-Type="InQuart" CollapseAnimation-Duration="200"
                                CollapseAnimation-Type="Linear" CollapseDelay="400" CausesValidation="True">
                                <Items>
                                    <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Select Coop Name" />
                                </Items>
                            </telerik:RadComboBox>


and code behind

 radcoopname.SelectedValue = (Session("CoOpDetail")).ToString

i need to select the session value when the combox load 
how i do this help me urgentttt

Can you please tell me where is the problem why this exception occure



Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?