Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
9 answers
83 views
Hi,

I'm working on a project whereby we are augmenting the functionality of an existing application which was built using the ASP.NET AJAX classic controls. (The analysis of upgrading to the current control suite determined that this would take to long).

So, using the WCSF and the MVP pattern, I am trying to re-apply state to a Grid. Here are the circumstances:
- user performs search
- user clicks on item in grid and is navigated to a page for that one item to edit
- as part of that operation, the state of the Grid is saved into a Session object (i.e. CurrentPage, PageSize)
- user clicks on a "Return to Search" button.
- upon loading the Grid and populating it, the Presenter applies its stored state to the Grid (i.e.CurrentPage, PageSize)

The result is a bit off. The results that are displayed are fine. However, the Pager TextBoxes and LinkButtons are all out of whack. That is, even though there may be 4 items in the Grid (as per the previously selected PageSize), the Page Size TexBox will have reverted to its original value of 10, the Page index will be 1 (even though the result set is the 4th page) and the pager LinkButton which is colored as active is the 1st page index (i.e. 1).

I've set the properties as so, and when debugging, the values seem to be assigned perfectly well:
public int LicencesResultsPageSize
{
    get
    {
        if (this.LicenceResultsPanel.Visible)
        {
            return this.LicenceResultsGrid.MasterTableView.PageSize;
        }
        return 0;
    }
    set
    {
        if (this.LicenceResultsPanel.Visible)
        {
            this.LicenceResultsGrid.MasterTableView.PageSize = value;
        }
    }
}
 
public int LicencesResultsPageIndex
{
    get
    {
        if (this.LicenceResultsPanel.Visible)
        {
            return this.LicenceResultsGrid.MasterTableView.CurrentPageIndex;
        }
        return 0;
    }
    set
    {
        if (this.LicenceResultsPanel.Visible)
        {
            this.LicenceResultsGrid.MasterTableView.CurrentPageIndex = value;
        }
    }
}

Does anyone know of a way to get those pager controls in Sync with the actual results?
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2011
11 answers
591 views
Dear Sir,

How to add close icon to a tab.  When a user clicks close icon, the tab will be closed (disappear)
Hiren
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Jun 2011
1 answer
72 views
need to put a red line when the column "emergency = YE"S, but not how to do it, is thispossible?.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 09 Jun 2011
9 answers
201 views
Hi,

I have a rad grid on my web page and I need to do the following.

- Have a GridDropDownColumn that uses values in other columns in the current row to retrieve a list of appropriate values.

We are creating a general ledger code builder and the 4th part of the code is dependent on the 1st 3 parts. So on a row by row basis i need to return the context specific values.

I have a datasource that take two parameters
1) Type this is set ok
2) The portion of the code to return appropriate values for.

How do i pass the values of my columns in to this parameter?
In my edit form i have used the selecting event to set the parameter, but i can't see how i would do this for the grid.

Any help much appreciated

Graham

 

Dan Lehmann
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jun 2011
4 answers
315 views
I'm using the client side row selection feature described here http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/client/selecting/defaultcs.aspx.

It works as described, but I wonder if I can change the behavior.  Right now, when I click on a row to select it, it deselects other rows that were selected previously.  Is it possible to cancel the deselect on all the other rows?  I'd rather a row click affect only the row that was clicked. 

Also, if a row is already selected, and I click it, nothing happens to that row.  Could it be changed so that a click on the selected row will deselect that row?

Tom
Tom Lynch
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jun 2011
3 answers
142 views

I am currently tieing the RadScheduler to a datasource but once I have it up, I cannot seem to do an insert. Nothing happens.
As such, I cannot see how the delete and update work. Below is what I have for the .aspx file:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="RadScheduler.aspx.cs"  %>
  
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<script runat="server">
  
    protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
  
    }
</script>
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
      
    </div>
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" Runat="server">
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
      
    <telerik:RadScheduler ID="RadScheduler1" runat="server" 
        DataEndField="DataEndField" DataKeyField="DataKeyField" 
        DataSourceID="SqlDataSource3" DataStartField="DataStartField" 
        DataSubjectField="DataSubjectField">
    </telerik:RadScheduler>
    <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource3" runat="server" 
        ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:Scheduler %>" 
        SelectCommand="SELECT [DataKeyField], [DataSubjectField], [DataStartField], [DataEndField] FROM [Sched]">
    </asp:SqlDataSource>
    <br />
    </form>
</body>
</html>


Below is my aspx.cs file content:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Collections;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using Telerik.Web.UI;
using System.Data;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
  
   
  
namespace AjaxRND
{
    public partial class RadScheduler : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
               
        }
    }
}

Thank you in advance


 

 

Dan Lehmann
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jun 2011
1 answer
133 views
I want to display the hijri conversion of dates in a RadCalendar ; the problem is that the text is left-to-right and I need to change it to RTL...
(see picture attached, the tooltip should display "الإثنين 02 رمضان 1432")
Fortune
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jun 2011
3 answers
104 views
I have created an instance of a RadTimePicker with RenderDirection="Vertical" and using a footer template. Then when I pick a time in the time picker control in column 2 or 3 it changes the time ahead by 30 minutes. Eg. if I pick 10:00 AM it closes the popup and puts 10:30 AM in the text box.

After extensive testing and trying to isolate and recreate the issue I've found that the problem goes away  if

 - I don't use IE 8 (use Firefox or Chrome instead)
 - Use a Render Direction = Horizontal
 - Don't use a footer template on the timepicker popup

Additionally when I open the popup again - it actually displays the correct time in the popup.

Please let me know if there is something I have overlooked that can correct this behaviour without using any of the options I listed above which aren't what we want to have to do.


Is there an e-mail address I could submit a copy of my test application that displays this behaviour to? I can't attach a zip to this... 

Thanks, 

Jonathan

Main code for the page displays below: (there is no code-behind code)


<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="Default" %>
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
 
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <telerik:RadStyleSheetManager id="RadStyleSheetManager1" runat="server" />
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
        <Scripts>
            <%--Needed for JavaScript IntelliSense in VS2010--%>
            <%--For VS2008 replace RadScriptManager with ScriptManager--%>
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js" />
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js" />
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQueryInclude.js" />
        </Scripts>
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        //Put your JavaScript code here.
    </script>
    <div>
    <telerik:RadTimePicker ID="tme_startTime" runat="server" Skin="Vista"
        Culture="en-CA" AutoPostBack="false" AutoPostBackControl="TimeView">
            <Calendar ID="Calendar1" UseRowHeadersAsSelectors="False" UseColumnHeadersAsSelectors="False" ViewSelectorText="x" runat="server"></Calendar>
            <DatePopupButton Visible="False" CssClass="" ImageUrl="" HoverImageUrl=""></DatePopupButton>
            <TimeView ID="TimeView1" ShowHeader="false" CellSpacing="-1" Culture="en-CA" Interval="00:30:00" RenderDirection="Vertical" HeaderText="" runat="server">
                <FooterTemplate>
                    <button onclick="javascript: ClosePopup(); return false;">Close</button>
                </FooterTemplate>
            </TimeView>
            <TimePopupButton CssClass="" ImageUrl="" HoverImageUrl=""></TimePopupButton>
            <DateInput Width="" DisplayDateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy" DateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy"
                AutoPostBack="false"></DateInput>
        <ShowAnimation Type="Slide" />
        <HideAnimation Type="Slide" />
    </telerik:RadTimePicker>
    44
    <br />
    <br />
 
   66
    <telerik:RadTimePicker ID="RadTimePicker1" runat="server" Skin="Vista"
        Culture="en-CA" AutoPostBack="false" AutoPostBackControl="TimeView">
            <Calendar ID="Calendar2" UseRowHeadersAsSelectors="False" UseColumnHeadersAsSelectors="False" ViewSelectorText="x" runat="server"></Calendar>
            <DatePopupButton Visible="False" CssClass="" ImageUrl="" HoverImageUrl=""></DatePopupButton>
            <TimeView ID="TimeView3" CellSpacing="-1" Culture="en-CA" Interval="00:30:00" RenderDirection="Vertical" HeaderText="" runat="server">
                <FooterTemplate>
 
                </FooterTemplate>
            </TimeView>
            <TimePopupButton CssClass="" ImageUrl="" HoverImageUrl=""></TimePopupButton>
            <DateInput Width="" DisplayDateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy" DateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy"
                AutoPostBack="false"></DateInput>
        <ShowAnimation Type="Slide" />
        <HideAnimation Type="Slide" />
    </telerik:RadTimePicker>
 
    <br />
    <br />
    <telerik:RadTimePicker ID="RadTimePicker3" runat="server" AutoPostBack="false" >
            <TimeView ID="TimeView2"  Interval="00:30:00" HeaderText="" RenderDirection="Vertical" runat="server">
                <FooterTemplate>
                 g
                </FooterTemplate>
            </TimeView>
    </telerik:RadTimePicker>
    88
    <br />
    <br />
    <telerik:RadTimePicker ID="RadTimePicker2" runat="server" AutoPostBack="false" >
            <TimeView ID="TimeView4"  Interval="00:30:00" HeaderText="" runat="server">
                <FooterTemplate>
                 g
                </FooterTemplate>
            </TimeView>
    </telerik:RadTimePicker>
    36
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>


Fortune
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jun 2011
2 answers
77 views
In IE7, if a rad button appears inside a RadGrid nested view template with HierarchyLoadMode="Client", the button does not hide after the details are shown then toggled off again:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="repro.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
<!doctype html>
<html>
<head><title></title></head>
<body>
  <form id="form1" runat="server">
  <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"></telerik:RadScriptManager>  
  <telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" CellSpacing="0" GridLines="None">
    <MasterTableView HierarchyLoadMode="Client">
      <NestedViewTemplate>
        <telerik:RadButton ID="RadButton1" runat="server" Text="RadButton">
        </telerik:RadButton>
      </NestedViewTemplate>       
    </MasterTableView>
  </telerik:RadGrid>
</form>
</body>
</html>

using System;
public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page
{
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        RadGrid1.DataSource = new string[] { "item1", "item2" };
    }
}

Anything special I should be doing?
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jun 2011
4 answers
127 views
Simple question; Can I?

Specifically, can I group the TimelineView by custom attributes.

The attribute's don't represent resources, but rather different calendars. Imagine having a calendar for yourself and your partner and wanting to display them together.

-- 
Stuart
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Jun 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?