Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
127 views
I'm building a sharepoint web part with the ability to change rotator types via the web part property interface.  Easy enough.  However, I'm having a hard time making the "rotatortype" dynamic in code.  Do you have any examples of how this could/should be done?  The web part is in c# but I see that others have used javascript to configure their rotators.  Just a basic example of how to change the rotator type should suffice.  Being a programming newb this is quite a little challenge for me. 

Thanks!
Clint
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Jun 2011
1 answer
177 views
Dear Telerik,

I am using RadGrid in a web application that is browsed from a touch screen monitor. It becomes very difficult for the users to scroll using the standard sized scroll bars that come up in radgrid. Can someone please advice on how to increase the scroll bar width?

Many thanks,

- Stepan.
Galin
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2011
8 answers
215 views
Hello there,


using a sample provided in the following link (http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/docking/dynamic-creation-of-layout-zones-and-docks.aspx)   and even in my own code I get viewstate errors ("...The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request. ...")  when I do the following:

In the example provided:

Add a new tab by click create new page.
Add a dock to the first tab.
Go to the second tab.
Add a dock to the second tab.
Go Back to the first tab.  BOOM!  View state error.

Does anyone know a solution for this?  My project is bascially structured exactly like this sample except I use a database.

Thanks,

Brian
Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2011
3 answers
120 views
Hello,
I want to set hover style all the time in the buttons of radtoolbar, because in normal style, the button is too much flat and it hasn't border, it seems a label instead of a button.
Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.
Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2011
1 answer
345 views
Dear sirs

I have added 4 new resource types Task,Client,Infotype,Status
Im facing 2 problems
1. I could not access these controls from codebehind
below im given you a sample of finding <Task> the dd_combo return nothing the same happens if i try to find the other 4
resources <client,infotype,status>
2. I will like to know how can i handle advancedform validation for these 4 new resources when user press the save button, i have tried all javascript sample you provided in forums with no luck

CodeBehind
'=======================================================================================
Protected
Sub rs_FormCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.SchedulerFormCreatedEventArgs) Handles rs.FormCreated

 

 

If ((e.Container.Mode = Telerik.Web.UI.SchedulerFormMode.AdvancedEdit) _

 

 

OrElse (e.Container.Mode = Telerik.Web.UI.SchedulerFormMode.AdvancedInsert)) Then

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dim ddl_combo As radcombobox= DirectCast(e.Container.FindControl("task"), radcombobox)

 

 

 

 

 

 

End If

 

 

 

 

 

 

end Sub
'==========================================================================================

 

 

 


'===========================================================================================
<

 

telerik:RadScheduler runat="server" ID="rs" SelectedDate="2007/03/30"

 

 

TimeZoneOffset="03:00:00" StartEditingInAdvancedForm="true"

 

 

CustomAttributeNames="StatusID,Task"

 

 

StartInsertingInAdvancedForm="true" Width="100%" Height="500px"

 

 

DataKeyField="ID" DataSubjectField="Subject" DataStartField="Start" DataEndField="End"

 

 

DataRecurrenceField="RecurrenceRule" DataRecurrenceParentKeyField="RecurrenceParentID"

 

 

Culture="Greek (Greece)" EditFormDateFormat="dd/MM/yy" Skin="Office2007">

 

 

<AdvancedForm Modal="True" DateFormat="dd/MM/yy"/>

 

 

<AppointmentTemplate>

 

<%

# Eval("Subject")%>

 

 

 

</AppointmentTemplate>

 

 

 

<ResourceTypes>

 

 

<telerik:ResourceType KeyField="taskID" Name="Task" TextField="descr" ForeignKeyField="taskid"

 

 

DataSourceID="taskds" />

 

 

<telerik:ResourceType KeyField="ID" Name="Client" TextField="UserName" ForeignKeyField="UserID"

 

 

DataSourceID="usersds" />

 

 

<telerik:ResourceType KeyField="informID" Name="InfoType" TextField="descr" ForeignKeyField="informid"

 

 

DataSourceID="informds" />

 

 

<telerik:ResourceType KeyField="StatusID" Name="Status" TextField="descr" ForeignKeyField="StatusID"

 

 

DataSourceID="statusds" />

 

 

</ResourceTypes>

 

 

 

<TimeSlotContextMenuSettings EnableDefault="True" />

 

 

<AppointmentContextMenuSettings EnableDefault="True" />

 

 

</telerik:RadScheduler>
'===================================================================================

 

Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2011
2 answers
1.0K+ views
After submitting this request, I kept searching your knowledge base, forums, etc. and found a solution to my problem -- turning off the auto scroll setting.  What an idiot I am!

You may close this item now.  I'm a happy camper.  My apologies for mucking up the works with this one!

I have a RadGrid that I need to grow vertically with content.  If I do not set a height, it always defaults to 300px.  I have attached or included several items for you to review.  Using the IE Developer Tools, I have turned off the default 300px height setting and the grid behaves exactly the way I want it to.

First the definition of the grid:
<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="false" EnableEmbeddedSkins="true" Skin="Default" ShowHeader="false"
     AllowPaging="True" PageSize="5" GridLines="Horizontal" >
    <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" />
    <MasterTableView >
        <Columns>
            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="TemplateColumn1" >
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <table width="155px">
                        <tr>
                            <td >
                                <asp:Image ID="Image1" Style="float: left;" Width="150px" Height="100px" ImageUrl='<%# Eval("PicturePath")%>'
                                    BorderWidth="1px" runat="server" AlternateText="Stock Image" />
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                    </table>
                </ItemTemplate>
                <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="TemplateColumn2" >
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <table>
                        <tr>
                            <td>
                                <div>
                                    <ul>
                                        <li>
                                            <label><b>Address: </b></label><%# Eval("ListingStreetAddress")%>
                                        </li>
                                        <li>
                                            <label><b>Beds: </b></label><%# Eval("Bedrooms")%>
                                        </li>
                                        <li>
                                            <label><b>Baths: </b></label><%# Eval("Bathrooms")%>
                                        </li>
                                        <li>
                                            <label><b>Price: </b></label><%# Eval("ListingPrice", "{0:##,##0.00}")%>
                                        </li>
 
                                        <li>
                                            <label><b>City: </b></label><%# Eval("CityName")%>
                                        </li>
                                        <li>
                                            <label><b>State: </b></label><%# Eval("StateName")%>
                                        </li>
                                        <li>
                                            <label><b>Country: </b></label><%# Eval("CountryName")%>
                                        </li>
 
 
                                    </ul>
                                </div>
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                    </table>
                </ItemTemplate>
            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Lat1" DataField="Lat1" Visible="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="Long1" DataField="Long1" Visible="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="TblName" DataField="TblName" Visible="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="ListingStreetAddress" DataField="ListingStreetAddress" Visible="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="CityName" DataField="CityName" Visible="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="StateName" DataField="StateName" Visible="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="CountryName" DataField="CountryName" Visible="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="ListingPlannedCommName" DataField="ListingPlannedCommName" Visible="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="ListingSubdivision" DataField="ListingSubdivision" Visible="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="ListingZipPostalCode" DataField="ListingZipPostalCode" Visible="false"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
        </Columns>
    </MasterTableView>
    <ClientSettings AllowDragToGroup="false">
        <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" UseStaticHeaders="false" />
    </ClientSettings>
</telerik:RadGrid>


Attachments:
(1) I have attached a screen capture of the grid as it displays with default settings as grid_height_issue_1.png .

(2) I have attached a screen capture of the IE Developer Tools window where I have disabled the default height setting as grid_height_issue_2.png .

(3) I have attached a screen capture of the grid as it displays after disabling the default height setting as grid_height_issue_3.png.

Your help in the best manner of turning off this 300px height setting would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Lynn
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2011
2 answers
195 views

For some reason I am having a problem with a Radgrid's  Context Menu when only some of the groups are expanded in a radgrid. 

The Grid is grouped using an expression. And when all groups are expanded a right click fires the Context Menu.

However if any of the groups are collapsed the event does not fire and the normal browser right click menu appears. If I then expand the collapsed item the context menu re appears on right click. 

Any ideas?

Cheers

Tox
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2011
4 answers
131 views
<%@ Control Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="SegmentationCreator.ascx.vb" Debug="true"
    Inherits="Controls_SegmentationCreator" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadFilter ID="RadFilter1" runat="server"
        CssClass="RadFilter RadFilter_Default" ExpressionPreviewPosition="Bottom" ShowApplyButton="false" AllowFilterOnBlur="true">
        <FieldEditors>
            <telerik:RadFilterTextFieldEditor DisplayName="text1" FieldName="textfield" TextBoxWidth="120" />
            <telerik:RadFilterNumericFieldEditor DisplayName="number1" FieldName="numberField" />
            <telerik:RadFilterBooleanFieldEditor DataType="System.Boolean" DisplayName="check1" FieldName="bitField" />
            <telerik:RadFilterDateFieldEditor DataType="System.DateTime" DisplayName="date1" FieldName="dateField" />
        </FieldEditors>
    </telerik:RadFilter>
    <ul>
    <telerik:RadListView ID="RadListView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="sqlData1">
        <ItemTemplate>
        <li><%# Eval("text1")%></li>
        </ItemTemplate>
    </telerik:RadListView>
    </ul>
    <asp:SqlDataSource ID="sqlData1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:FEI%>" SelectCommand="SELECT TOP 10 Email.email as text1, 1 as number1, 0 as check1, GETDATE() as date1 FROM Email">
    </asp:SqlDataSource>
    <asp:HiddenField id="hiddenQueryText" runat="server" />
</telerik:RadAjaxPanel>
Every time I click on add field or anything it just reverts to the first-time load state.  There is nothing in the code-behind file.  The only other odd thing is that If I add the RadScriptManager to the the ascx, the page gives an error that "Only one instance of a ScriptManager can be added to the page."  This control above is being added to the page using Page.LoadControl("path/nameof.ascx") so I don't really have control over that part.
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2011
3 answers
193 views
hi
captcha control is not showing radtooltip and also focus does not goes the capctha textbox but to the chage image link?
Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2011
3 answers
197 views
Hi to all,

Friends i need to do maintain templates for Rad Editor.
I upload 4 different types of Templates (.html,.css)

ex:
 "Temp1.html" have its own CSS
 "Temp2.html" have its own CSS
 "Temp3.html" have its own CSS

If i Choose  "Temp1.html"  display its template design
if i choose another one display its template design.

and if i get the content from rad editor. with template design

any one help.....

Thanks

Vinoth Xavier 
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jun 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?