Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
157 views
Hi,

I have a page that uses RadTabStrip with multiview with a lot of tabs. Using the tab strip I notice that the page events for the inactive tabs are still firing, which is what I need.  However, when I view the source of the rendered HTML I notice that all the contents of all the multiviews (even inactive ones) are rendered. Since I have lots of tabs and controls in them it's causing a client side slow.

Is there a way to not render the output for these inactive tabs? Tried cutting it off in the Render event but then Telerik will have javascript errors cause they can't find the controls anymore.

Thanks,
Gilbert
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 23 Jun 2011
1 answer
163 views
Hello.
I have a problem when i execute command radopen in IE9.
The exception is "DOM Exception: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR"

and the line that throw the exception is
m=($telerik.isIE)?document.createElement("<iframe name='"+a+"'>"):

I runnning over the last telerik actualization Q1 2011
Also I can't run IE9 in compatibility mode to fix this beacause my entire site arise in style problems.

Thanks in advance.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2011
3 answers
96 views
I am still fighting z-order issues in our UI.

First let me give you a little bit of background.

There is a RadMenu on our Site.Master, obiously that has a z-order of 8000.

I dynamically add menu items on the server side. These menu items are a way for the user
to choose from a selection of items provided by our database.

Also on the page there is a RadGrid, with Date Time filters.

Further more there is a RadDock, with a couple of Dock Areas, on for which contains a RadGrid
with a default Filter.

First iteration: 
We undock the dock area. Now some of the icons bleed through the undocked DockArea.
The Menu on the Site.Master bleeds through too.

We fixed all of this by raising the z-index of the undocked area to 8001.

However now if I click on the RadMenu the menu items I created dynamically
appear behind the undocked DockArea.

So I need some way to raise the z-order of the Menu Items, or their surrounding elements.

I hope I have explained my self clearly enough.

TIA 
 
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2011
1 answer
204 views
Hello, I would ideally only like to show the current and last week in the Week View based on today's date in the Rad Scheduler.  Of course I will settle for just showing the current week if that is easier to explain, and then I can figure out the rest.   So I load the Scheduler and I set the SelectedDate to today, I hide all other views so only Week View is showing (i have this part already) and the only weeks they can access and/or view are the current week and last week.  Is there a way to do this?  Or only allow a certain date range to show in the scheduler.

They can then only click back and forth to view last week and this week.  I would image I would have to hide the date picker in the upper left so they cannot select other dates.  Thank you for your help!

joe
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2011
4 answers
205 views
Hi,

    I'm trying to customize a RadDock caption adding a radio button using TitlebarTemplate. The problem is that the result is different in Internet Explorer and Firefox (in IExplorer I can't center the radio button vertically). This is the code I'm using:

<telerik:RadDockZone ID="RadDockZoneTest" Runat="server" Width="300px" BorderStyle="None" Skin="Forest">
    <telerik:RadDock ID="RadDock4" Runat="server" Width="300px" DefaultCommands="None" EnableDrag="False" 
        EnableRoundedCorners="True" Skin="Forest">
        <TitlebarTemplate>
            <table style="width:100%;">
                <tr>
                    <td style="vertical-align: middle; width: 20px;">
                        <telerik:RadButton ID="rbtnReport" runat="server" AutoPostBack="False" 
                            ButtonType="ToggleButton" Text="" ToggleType="Radio" Skin="Forest">
                        </telerik:RadButton>
                    </td>   
                    <td style="vertical-align: middle">
                        <asp:Label ID="Label7" runat="server" Text="CAPTION" Font-Names="Segoe UI" Font-Size="10pt"></asp:Label>
                    </td>
                </tr>
            </table>  
        </TitlebarTemplate>
        <ContentTemplate>
            <asp:Label ID="Label8" runat="server" Text="Result in IExplorer"></asp:Label>
        </ContentTemplate>            
    </telerik:RadDock>
</telerik:RadDockZone>


I attach a screen capture with the result in the two browsers.

How can I center vertically the radio button in the caption, in order the final result to be the same in IExplorer and Firefox?

Regards,
John.




john
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Jun 2011
1 answer
61 views
Hello,

I migrate from Asp.Net To Asp.Net Ajax ContextMenu. And for the same Appearence properties my ContextMenu was been different as you can see in the attached screenshots. How can I do to get my 32*32px Images adding to the menu items more adapted to the Menu as shown in the Image 2?

Thanks for your help,

Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2011
3 answers
355 views
hello,

I has a problem: My Control need to execute functions in javascript file. Everything is ok until I use this control inside the RadAjaxPanel to enable ajaxfied. I fingure out that It cannot hit the function in javascript file and my control does not work anymore.

Any suggestion?

Regards,
dat019
 
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2011
1 answer
82 views
Can RLV be used to query lists in other site collections?

Thanks.
Mark
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2011
1 answer
98 views
Hi,
I am creating a chart using radchart control which is of chart type="bar".I am setting chart series propetes like below. after the image is loaded on a page observed that the bars are dissolving color at the end. I want the bar with solid image.

 <telerik:ChartSeries DataYColumn="UnitPrice" Name="Product Unit Price">
    <Appearance>
         <FillStyle FillType="Image">
            <FillSettings BackgroundImage="~/App_Themes/ESDTheme/Images/MechEngg/bar_bg.jpg">
            </FillSettings>
         </FillStyle>
         <LabelAppearance Visible="False">
         </LabelAppearance>
         <Border Visible="False"></Border>
         </Appearance>
  </telerik:ChartSeries>


Please find the attachment and help me.

Thanks,
Vikram
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2011
6 answers
211 views
<telerik:RadUpload ID="rupReqAttachment" runat="server" MaxFileSize="1000000000"
MaxFileInputsCount="1" ReadOnlyFileInputs="true"
   InputSize="30" ControlObjectsVisibility="None"  AllowedFileExtensions=".txt,.pdf,.doc,.docx,.xls,.xlsx,.jpg,.jpeg,.bmp,.gif">
 </telerik:RadUpload>
Hi,

I m using radupload control in Page. when i m clicking in the textbox of the radupload, file open dialog window is not showing IE but its showing FireFox  and can't able to validate the control by asp.net required field validator. can any give me the soluation for the above problems.

Peter Filipov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jun 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?