Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
129 views
I'm testing demo version.
I need do this...

          menuString = null;

          menuString = menuString +
                       "<telerik:RadRibbonBar ID=\"RadRibbonBar1\" runat=\"server\" Style=\"width: 100%\" Skin=\"Vista\"" +
                       " SelectedTabIndex=\"0\">" +
                       "<telerik:RibbonBarGroup Text=\"Search\">" +
                       "<telerik:RibbonBarGroup EnableLauncher=\"true\" Width=\"100%\" Text=\"Document navigation\">" +
                       "<Items>" +
                       "<telerik:RibbonBarButton Size=\"Large\" Text=\"First\" ToolTip=\"First Document\" Width=\"50px\"" +
                       "ImageUrlLarge=\"Images/resultset_first.png\" />" +
                       "<telerik:RibbonBarButton Size=\"Large\" Text=\"Previous\" ToolTip=\"Previous Document\"" +
                       "Width=\"50px\" ImageUrlLarge=\"Images/resultset_previous.png\" />" +
                       "<telerik:RibbonBarButton Size=\"Large\" Text=\"Next\" ToolTip=\"Next Document\" Width=\"50px\"" +
                       "ImageUrlLarge=\"Images/resultset_next.png\" />" +
                       "</Items>" +
                       "</telerik:RibbonBarGroup>" +
                       "</telerik:RibbonBarGroup>" +
                       "</telerik:RadRibbonBar>";

    myDiv.innerHTML = menuString ;

MyDiv is a Div in page.aspx.

The problem is that RadRibbonBar doesn't show in page, but exist in code behind when see generate code of aspx.

What is the problem?
July
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
125 views
Hi,

I'm currently developing a quite complex web application utilizing the Telerik RadControls ASP.NET AJAX (build 2010.3.1317.35) .

Everything is fine while I run my application on my Visual Studio 2010 Development Server or on a Windows Server 2003, but when migrating to a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine performance drops DRAMATICALLY. More precise: Whenever a postback is triggered there is a 4-5 second delay until the server responds, indepently on the complexity of the triggered code behind. I have already tried different machines, reinstalled the OS multiple times and still...

The OS installation is clean, nothing running except IIS. The Database runs on a independent server - connectivity to the database server isn't an issue here too.

Sebastian Kubsch
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
165 views
Hi,

I am using Telerik RadRotator version 2009.3.1208.20.
I am using ScrollDirection property in user control like below code

<

 

telerik:RadRotator PauseOnMouseOver="false" ScrollDirection="Left"

 

 

ID="BannerRotator" runat="server" OnItemDataBound="BannerRotator_ItemDataBound"

 

 

OnClientLoad="onRotatorLoadHandler" >

 


but i want to set rotator's ScrollDirection inside javascript function client side.

Please provide solution for that.I have checked lot of forum post but did not get any proper example to set it.

Thanks,

Divya
Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
59 views
How to get rid of unnecessary space on the chart?
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
76 views
Hi All,

I've got a RadGrid inside a formview.  In the DataBound event of the formview I need to add the ItemDataBound event handler for the RadGrid.  I can find the grid just fine using the formview.FindControl method but once done I cannot see the event in the list of properties and methods for a RadGrid.  I was thinking that the below should work:

Dim uxRadGrid As Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid = DirectCast(uxFormView.FindControl("uxRadGrid"), RadGrid)
uxRadGrid.ItemDataBound += New GridItemEventHandler(uxRadGrid_ItemDataBound)

From c# examples it appears to work but in VB.Net you can't access the event view uxRadGrid.ItemDataBound.  How do I work around this?  You can't even access the event when trying this outside of a formview.  

Regards,

Jon
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
9 answers
264 views
I have a NestedViewTemplate within a RadGrid.  Within the NestedViewTemplate I have two other Rad-grids showing data to the parent RadGrid.   I'm using a sqldatasource with storedprocedures to populate the data - both on the parent and the embedded grids.  The data is populating just fine for all grids.  However, when attempting to update the embedded grid, I get the error message:

Procedure or function 'x' has too many arguments specified.

I was already able to debug the parent sqldatasource becuase I received the same error.  I did so following another thread on the forum describing how to identify the sql parameters using the sqldatasource updating event to identify the parameters being passed to the data source as well as the names.  However, the Visual Studio 2005 code-behind page doesn't recognize the embedded sqldatasource events.  If I manually create it, I get a compile error.  How can I set up one to view the parameters being passed?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
257 views

I implemented the second type of virtual scrolling on the following page.
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grid-virtual-scrolling.html
I created a more flexible implementation while adding 100% height functionality.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <style type="text/css"> 
    html, body, form 
    { 
        height: 100%;
        width: 100%;
        margin: 0px;
        padding: 0px;
    } 
    </style> 
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server" />
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
        <AjaxSettings>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadGrid1">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        </AjaxSettings>
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
    <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" />
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var activeGrid;
 
        function RadGrid1_OnGridCreated(sender, e) {
            activeGrid = sender;
            RadGrid1_Resize();
        }
 
        function RadGrid1_Resize() {
            setTimeout(function () {
                if (!activeGrid) return;
                var scrollDiv = activeGrid.GridDataDiv;
                if (scrollDiv) {
                    var scrollHeight = document.body.offsetHeight - scrollDiv.offsetTop;
                    var footer = activeGrid.GridFooterDiv;
                    if (footer) {
                        scrollHeight -= footer.offsetHeight;
                    }
                    var pager = activeGrid.PagerControl;
                    if (pager) {
                        scrollHeight -= pager.offsetHeight;
                    }
                    scrollDiv.style.height = scrollHeight - 2 + "px";
                }
            }, 0);
        }
        window.onresize = window.onload = RadGrid1_Resize;
 
        function RadGrid1_OnScroll(sender, eventArgs) {
            if (eventArgs.isOnBottom) {
                var masterTableView = sender.MasterTableView;
                if (masterTableView.PageSize * (masterTableView.CurrentPageIndex + 1) < masterTableView.get_virtualItemCount()) {
                    masterTableView.fireCommand("PageSizeIncrease", "50");
                }
            }
        }
    </script>
    test
    <div>
    <telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" Height="100%" PageSize="50" AllowPaging="True" AllowCustomPaging="true">
    <MasterTableView Width="100%" />
    <PagerStyle Visible="false" />
    <ClientSettings>
        <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" />
        <ClientEvents OnGridCreated="RadGrid1_OnGridCreated" OnScroll="RadGrid1_OnScroll" />
    </ClientSettings>
    </telerik:RadGrid>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>
Private Sub RadGrid1_ItemCommand(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.ItemCommand
    Select e.CommandName
        Case "PageSizeIncrease"
            RadGrid1.PageSize += e.CommandArgument
            RadGrid1.Rebind()
    End Select
End Sub
 
Private Sub RadGrid1_NeedDataSource(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.NeedDataSource
    Dim Table As New DataTable
    Table.Columns.Add(New DataColumn("Id", GetType(Integer)))
    Dim nStart As Integer = (RadGrid1.CurrentPageIndex * RadGrid1.PageSize) + 1
    Dim nEnd As Integer = (RadGrid1.CurrentPageIndex + 1) * RadGrid1.PageSize
    For i As Integer = nStart To nEnd
        Dim Row As DataRow = Table.NewRow
        Row("Id") = i
        Table.Rows.Add(Row)
    Next
    RadGrid1.DataSource = Table
    RadGrid1.VirtualItemCount = "1000"
End Sub


Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
108 views
Hi Guru's
I am working on the RadGrid control & stuck at a point where I want to basically do the following operation:

I have a button named "Update"
then a radgrid

The requirement is as follow: The user visits the site on load of the page he will see the grid with the selected items that he had selected in his last visit... we have these values from the database,

Now when he selects the new row I have a table in the database named : "userselected" I want that his userID should be added in the list with this new itemno that he has selected..

I am using entity framework to communicate to the database.

thanks in advance
SPTECH
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
2 answers
236 views
<telerik:RadMaskedTextBox ID="PostalCode" runat="server" Text='<%#Bind("PostalCode")%>'
                                  Mask="L#L #L#"  OnTextChanged="PostalCode_OnTextChanged" AutoPostBack="true" Width="50" />
I'm having trouble with the ontextchanged event of the radmaskedtextbox. I enter my postal code into the mask and tab to the next field. It posts back and calls the ontextchanged event. However, the first time is posts back, the text value is blank "". If i enter the postal code a second time, the ontextchanged event picks up the value. It seems it needs a postback to actually change the value in the page, but the ontextchanged event runs before the value has been changed. Is there a workaround for this behaviour?
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
3 answers
75 views

I'm using a tabstrip control with 3 tabs.

- tab 1 is static content - works fine

- tab 2 is a RadGrid  (data loads fine, paging is fine, details all fine, however commanditem export doesnt work.
    - note i put the same grid in a page by itself (no tabs) and export work just fine.

- tab 3 is a form of user fields with a submit button (in buttonclick event, data is saved to sql db). When debugging form seems to work fine. i can set a break point on ButtonClick and it gets called everytime and data is properly saved. When the page is put on production server buttonClick event doesnt seem to fire. I put the exact same code outside the tabcontrol and it work perfect on production server and debug. buttonclick always fires.

I'm using whatever the newest version of rad controls is, as of this post.

thoughts?

jason
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?