Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
215 views
Hello. We are using a RadFormDecorator on our pages. What we want to do is that when you change the value of DownDown #1, you change the background color of DropDown #2. We need to do this on the client side to prevent an unnecessary postback.

We cannot figure out how to do this. Here is the code:

var eventType = $get("<%=ddlEventType.ClientID %>");
var moveType = $get("<%=ddlMoveType.ClientID %>");
var decorator = Telerik.Web.UI.RadFormDecorator.getDecoratedElement(moveType);
if (eventType.options[eventType.selectedIndex].text == "foo") {
    decorator.style.backgroundColor = "blue";
}
else {
   decorator.style.backgroundColor = "blue";
}

This code has no effect. Note that when I do Telerik.Web.UI.RadFormDecorator.set_enabled(moveType, false) - the control disables just fine. I just can't get the color changed.

Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance for the help.
Bozhidar
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2011
4 answers
713 views

I am using a RadWindowManager for 2 different popups on my page. I took the 'black' skin and created my own called "OnlineStore". The first popup is a regular popup window and works fine.
The second popup is a radalert. But I want to change the background to be white rather than the black.
I have tried 2 different RadWindowManagers, and other things.
I have changed the font color and removed the warning symbol on the radalert by adding this to my custom skin:

.RadWindow_OnlineStore .rwWindowContent .radalert
{
    font-weight: 500;
    color: white;
    background-image: none !important;   /* takes out the yellow triangle warning symbol*/
 background-color: White;
}


<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="rwm" runat="server" Skin="OnlineStore" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false">
       <Windows>
       <telerik:RadWindow ID="rwAddlOptionsAndEquip" runat="server" NavigateUrl="PnPAddlOptionsEquip.aspx" ShowContentDuringLoad="False"
           KeepInScreenBounds="true"  VisibleTitlebar="true" Title="Additional Services and Equipment" 
           Modal="true" VisibleStatusbar="False" Left="100" Top="55" InitialBehavior="None" Width="999px" height="690px" BorderWidth="1"
           Behaviors="Close, Move, Resize"   >
       </telerik:RadWindow>
      </Windows>
      </telerik:RadWindowManager>


I just can't figure out how to make the background white. I want to keep the titlebar black. Any suggestions?
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2011
10 answers
478 views
What does this mean?

Improved: RadStyleSheetManager to combine style sheets in a designated external folder

We can combine css not in assemblies now?
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2011
1 answer
112 views
Hello,

I am facing some issues with the FileExplorer control in IE8. I have a page where I have placed a FileExplorer control inside a pageview. Please note that the page contains RAD Ajaxmanager. I see the FileExplorer control with full functionality in Chrome, Firefox and Safari. However in IE8 it fails. Most of the buttons in the FileExplorer is not visible. Also the splitter  is messed up. 

Please suggest how to resolve the above issue.

Regards,
Asok
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2011
1 answer
89 views
I looked around for quite some time and couldn't find a direct solution, however, I did find a workaround for my instance.  Essentially, I feel like there is a need to add another option to the HideEvent attribute.  There is a pretty common business requirement where users expect a tooltip to go away when they click outside the tooltip.  If the tooltip could act the way HideEvent="ManualClose" does plus adding functionality where it hides when you click outside the tooltip on the body of the page, it would be great.  I realize you could use LeaveTargetAndToolTip or LeaveToolTip with a delay to prevent it disappearing once you leave it but I am just presenting another case that could add value to the control.

Thanks,

Patrick Mallahan
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2011
2 answers
211 views

Hello,

I have a problem with the RadToolTipManager and ASP.NET Server Controls. The control which is loaded in the tooltip doesn’t update its label after the button click. I tested the same setup with an aspx page and a ascx user control, in this case everything works as expected.

Do you have any idea where I did something wrong? I used this example as a reference http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/tooltip/examples/loadondemand/defaultcs.aspx. In the end, I would like to update the control on which the tooltip originated, but because the events in the tooltip itself don’t work, I haven’t tried that yet.

Thanks

Setup:

The Default.aspx file is nested within a master-page with a RadScriptManager, I used the Telerik.Web.UI.dll version 2011.1.519.35

Codes:
Default.aspx

<%@ Page Title="Home Page" Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Site.master" AutoEventWireup="true"
    CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="AjaxTooltipRad._Default" %>
 
<%@ Register TagPrefix="tt" Assembly="AjaxTooltipRad" Namespace="AjaxTooltipRad.src" %>
 
<asp:Content ID="BodyContent" runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent">
    <h2>
        Tooltip Test
    </h2>
 
    <p><tt:GalleryControl runat="server" /></p>
</asp:Content>

GalleryControl.cs
using System;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using Telerik.Web.UI;
 
namespace AjaxTooltipRad.src {
    public class GalleryControl : Control, INamingContainer {
        public const string RTTMID = "rttmid";
        public const string IMGID = "imgid";
 
        private RadToolTipManager rttm;
        private Image img;
 
        public GalleryControl() : base() {
            rttm = new RadToolTipManager();
            rttm.ID = RTTMID;
            rttm.Position = ToolTipPosition.BottomCenter;
            rttm.RelativeTo = ToolTipRelativeDisplay.Element;
            rttm.Width = new Unit("300px");
            rttm.Height = new Unit("200px");
            rttm.HideEvent = ToolTipHideEvent.LeaveTargetAndToolTip;
            rttm.AjaxUpdate += new ToolTipUpdateEventHandler(rttm_AjaxUpdate);
            rttm.Skin = "Default";
            rttm.RenderInPageRoot = true;
 
            img = new Image();
            img.ID = IMGID;
 
            rttm.TargetControls.Add(img.ClientID,false);
        }
 
        private void rttm_AjaxUpdate(object sender, ToolTipUpdateEventArgs e) {
            UpdateToolTip(e.UpdatePanel);
        }
 
        private void UpdateToolTip( UpdatePanel panel) {
            ServerControlToolTip sctt = new ServerControlToolTip();
            panel.ContentTemplateContainer.Controls.Add(sctt); 
        }
 
        protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e) {
            base.OnLoad(e);
 
            this.Controls.Add(rttm);
            this.Controls.Add(img);
        }
    }
}

ServerControlToolTip.cs
using System;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
 
namespace AjaxTooltipRad.src {
    public class ServerControlToolTip : Control, INamingContainer {
        private const string textboxId = "textboxid";
        private const string buttonId = "buttonid";
        private const string labelId = "labelid";
 
        private TextBox textBox;
        private Button button;
        private Label label;
 
        public ServerControlToolTip() {
            textBox = new TextBox();
            textBox.ID = textboxId;
            button = new Button();
            button.Text = "click";
            button.ID = buttonId;
            button.Click += new EventHandler(button_Click);
            label = new Label();
            label.ID = labelId;
        }       
 
        private void button_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) {
            label.Text = textBox.Text;
        }
 
        protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e) {
            base.OnLoad(e);
 
            this.Controls.Add(textBox);
            this.Controls.Add(button);
            this.Controls.Add(label);
        }
    }
}

Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jul 2011
3 answers
75 views
I have a RadTimePicker and I'm trying to get the SelectedDate to ScorllIntoView when the TimeView Popup is displayed.

Is this possible?

Here is a code snippet of what I'm working with:
<style type="text/css">
#<%= StartTime.ClientID %>_timeView_wrapper {
            overflow:auto;
            width:83px;
            height:200px;
        }
</style>
<telerik:RadTimePicker runat="server" ID="StartTime" CssClass="rsAdvTimePicker" Width="78px">
    <dateinput id="DateInput3" runat="server" emptymessagestyle-cssclass="riError"
    emptymessage=" " />
    <timepopupbutton visible="false" />
    <timeview id="TimeView1" runat="server" columns="1" showheader="false" starttime="00:00"
        endtime="23:59" interval="00:30" />                                                    
</telerik:RadTimePicker>
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2011
13 answers
381 views
I have controls in an HTML Table inside an EditItemTemplate of a RADGRID parent control that I need to bind to. I have attempted to bind to the grid and to individual controls unsuccessfully.

JSON
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jul 2011
2 answers
82 views
I have a RadGrid with 2 columns, ID and Name. My MasterDetailTable shows Countries. and there is a nested table with exactly the same structure (ID and Name) and it shows the Cities.

The current behaviour is that I have all the columns appearing again for the nested table whereas I'd like to replace those columns with just a simple caption e.g. "Cities". The reason is that the ID and Name are already header texts of the MasterDetailTable.

I saw how to hide the header: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/client/scrolling/defaultcs.aspx

but how could I replace it with a simple caption?

TreeList: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/treelist/examples/firstlook/defaultcs.aspx also looks interesting and I may be able to use it but again I'd need a way to add Caption to the detail tables.

any help?

Thanks
Pooya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Jul 2011
2 answers
196 views
Hi,
Is there a way to retrieve the dataitem of  the clicked node in a databound treeview? In the NodeClick event the e.Node.DataItem is null. I can only get the text.
Thanks for any ideas!
v
Viktor Takacs
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?