Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
97 views
Hello.

How can I change appearance of the days of month that overlap when using MultiView mode in RadCalendar. I mean that days that have cssClass rcOtherMonth.
I need that these days was distinguished from another when SELECTION IN CALENDAR ARE MADE. But trouble is that after selection all days that selected have only one cssClass rcSelected.

See attached picture please.

Please help me find the answer to this issue.

Thank you.
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2011
0 answers
99 views
Hi,

I have a Radgrid 1 whose data changes onclick of linkbutton in another RadGrid 2.
My problem is the RadGrid page index retains the same index selected when i click any link in Radgrid 2.
Actually for each click the Grid data changes so the page index also should reset to 0.
I had tried setting the Page index in viewstate to 0 but no luck.
Please help with example.


Thanks,
Priya
priya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 18 Jul 2011
2 answers
127 views
Our Telerik is Q2 2010. I recently updated our ASP.NET project from 3.5 to 4.0.
First problem I noticed is none of CustomValidators (inside ASP Panel, that is loaded through AJAX) are working. They actually render as spans, but without any of the usual attributes:
<SPAN style="VISIBILITY: hidden" id=TextBoxValidator></SPAN>
This is how they look, if I comment our RadAjaxManager:
<SPAN style="VISIBILITY: hidden" id=TextBoxValidator controltovalidate="RadTextBoxValue" clientvalidationfunction="RadTextBoxValue_Validate" validateemptytext="true" isvalid="true" enabled="false"></SPAN>
Next issue is the RadAjaxLoadingPanel that keeps spinning even after the AJAX request is completed.
When I comment out RadAjaxManager, everything seems to be working fine.
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jul 2011
5 answers
213 views
All,

I am using a RadFilter to do complex filtering on my RadGrid. So far this is working very well. What I can't seem to figure out is how to reapply the filter after removing an expression. Every time I remove an expression, I still get the filtered grid that included the removed expression.

I am using AllowFilterOnBlur="true" in order to reduce the amount of buttons on the page...

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
B
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2011
1 answer
157 views
Hi,
I am using the Q1 2011 Sp2 version of your excellent controls and I have decided to use the WebBlue skin for a particular sub site.

I have noticed that the Web Blue skin for Rad Scheduler is considerably darker than the same skin used on RadMenu and RadPanelBar. Please see the attached image.

Please can you confirm the reasons for this and let me know if there is a workround to make all fo the controls look the same.

Thanks

Chris
Ivan Zhekov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2011
2 answers
103 views
I've got this structure
MasterPage -With a "Search button"
Normal page with a Grid and some combos to filter.
When I change the combos and press the "Search button" fires an event that goes to a Grid.rebind(), that event goes through NeedDataSource and changes the dataset and rebind the datasource, as far as I checked the dataset is OK with the correct values filtered by the combos, but the grid is not redrawn, then it isn't showing the correct data.

I've got in the managerproxy grid is refreshing grid.

How can I adress this issue?

Thanks in advance
Salva Mas
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jul 2011
1 answer
101 views
I am using 519  licensed version im getting following error please check the image
Cat Cheshire
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jul 2011
12 answers
914 views
Hi

I am not sure if this issue has been reported yet. I tried searching for it but dint find any. I am creating a simple RibbonBar in the aspx page.

Issue 1: It works fine in IE and FF but in Chrome the Page_Load is called twice.
Issue 2: It calls Page_Load when I click on any tab. This doesn't happen in other browsers.
If there are any data pulls, that will happen twice.

Aspx:
<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Layout_GraySkin.aspx.vb"
    Inherits="Webforms_Test_Layout_GraySkin" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <link href="StyleSheet.css" rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link id="Link1" href="~/RadCustom/GraySkin/RibbonBar.GraySkin.css" rel="stylesheet"
        type="text/css" runat="server" />
    <link id="Link2" href="~/RadCustom/GraySkin/TabStrip.GraySkin.css" rel="stylesheet"
        type="text/css" runat="server" />
    <link id="Link3" href="~/RadCustom/GraySkin/Grid.GraySkin.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
        runat="server" />
    <link id="Link4" href="~/RadCustom/GraySkin/Menu.GraySkin.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
        runat="server" />
    <title>Layout Demo</title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadStyleSheetManager ID="RadStyleSheetManager1" runat="server" CdnSettings-TelerikCdn="Disabled">
    </telerik:RadStyleSheetManager>
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
        <CdnSettings TelerikCdn="Disabled" />
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
    <telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="FormDecorator1" runat="server" DecoratedControls="all">
    </telerik:RadFormDecorator>
    <div style="margin: 0 auto; width: 1000px;">
        <div style="background-position: right; background-repeat: repeat-y; background-image: url('../../Images/HP_TOPRIGHTCORNER.png');
            height: 13px;">
        </div>
        <div id="Content" style="min-height: 600px; background-position: right; background-image: url('../../Images/HP_RIGHT.png');
            background-repeat: repeat-y; border-left: 1px solid #666666; background-color: #FFFFFF">
            <div style="position: relative;">
                            
            </div>
            <div style="width: 992px;">
                <telerik:RadRibbonBar ID="RRB" runat="server" Skin="GraySkin" EnableEmbeddedSkins="False"
                    Height="110px">
                    <telerik:RibbonBarTab Text="Home">
                        <telerik:RibbonBarGroup Text="Clipboard" EnableLauncher="true">
                            <Items>
                                <telerik:RibbonBarMenu Size="Large" Text="Paste" ImageUrl="../../Images/16x16/add.png">
                                    <Items>
                                        <telerik:RibbonBarMenuItem Text="Paste" ImageUrl="../../Images/16x16/add.png" />
                                        <telerik:RibbonBarMenuItem Text="Paste Special..." ImageUrl="../../Images/16x16/add.png" />
                                    </Items>
                                </telerik:RibbonBarMenu>
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Cut" ImageUrl="../../Images/16x16/add.png" />
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Copy" ImageUrl="../../Images/16x16/add.png" />
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Format" ImageUrl="../../Images/16x16/add.png" />
                            </Items>
                        </telerik:RibbonBarGroup>
                    </telerik:RibbonBarTab>
                    <telerik:RibbonBarTab Text="Insert">
                        <telerik:RibbonBarGroup Text="Links">
                            <Items>
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Hyperlink" ImageUrl="../../Images/16x16/add.png" />
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Bookmark" ImageUrl="../../Images/16x16/add.png" />
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Cross-reference" ImageUrl="../../Images/16x16/add.png" />
                            </Items>
                        </telerik:RibbonBarGroup>
                    </telerik:RibbonBarTab>
                </telerik:RadRibbonBar>
            </div>
    
        </div>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

VB:

Partial Class Webforms_Test_Layout_GraySkin
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

    Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

    End Sub
End Class

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Ankit
Craig Wallace
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jul 2011
7 answers
548 views
I am using a modal window with the AutoSize property set to "true" and it appears to be adding significant space at the bottom of the page.  How do I get the window to set its size according to the content?

I have attached a screen capture of the displayed window and the .aspx code to the entire page is below...

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="ListingVideos.aspx.vb" Inherits="ListingVideos" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="ASPNetFlashVideo.NET3" Namespace="ASPNetFlashVideo" TagPrefix="ASPNetFlashVideo" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
        <style type="text/css">
            body {
                font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
                font-size: 12px;
                line-height: 25px;
                margin-top: 0px;
                margin-left: 0px;
            }
             
            .clear { clear:both;}
             
            html, body
            {
            }
             
            p
            {
                padding-top:16px;
            }
             
            a {
                color: #202020;
                outline: none;
            }
 
            a:hover
            {
                text-decoration: underline;
                color: blue;
            }
 
            a:visited
            {
                text-decoration: underline;
                color: Purple;
            }
             
            .xlink {
                display:inline-block;
                border-radius: 6px;
                -moz-border-radius: 6px;
                -webkit-border-radius: 6px;
                position: relative;
                padding: 4px 10px 4px 10px;
                background:url(images/link-tail.gif) left top repeat-x #232323;
                font-size: 12px;
                line-height:20px;
                color:#fff;
                text-decoration:none;
                font-weight:bold;
                margin:0 5px 0 6px;
            }
             
            .xlink:hover
            {
                background:url(images/link-tail-hover.gif) left top repeat-x #636363;
                text-decoration: none;
                color:#fff;
            }
         
            .smallpage
            {
                line-height: 16px;
                margin: 15px;
                padding: 8px;
                width: 500px;
                background-color: #ffffff;
                display:inline-block;
                border-radius: 6px;
                -moz-border-radius: 6px;
                -webkit-border-radius: 6px;
                text-decoration:none;
                box-shadow: rgb(64,64,64) 5px 5px 5px;
                border: 1px solid #808080;
            }
 
            .smallpagenoshadow
            {
                line-height: 16px;
                margin: 5px;
                padding: 5px;
                width: 500px;
                display:inline-block;
                text-decoration:none;
                font-family: Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, Sans-serif;
                font-size: 12px;
                font-weight: normal;
            }
         
            .xltextbold
            {
                font-family: Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, Sans-serif;
                font-size: 24px;
                font-weight: bold;
                vertical-align: top;
                color: Black;
            }
             
            .largetextbold
            {
                font-family: Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, Sans-serif;
                font-size: 18px;
                font-weight: bold;
                vertical-align: top;
                color: #7d9b04;
            }
        
            div.RadGrid .rgPager .rgAdvPart    
            {    
                display:none;       
            }
             
       </style>
        <script type="text/javascript">
            function GetRadWindow() {
                var oWindow = null;
                if (window.radWindow)
                    oWindow = window.RadWindow;
                //Will work in Moz in all cases, including clasic dialog
                else if (window.frameElement.radWindow)
                    oWindow = window.frameElement.radWindow;
                //IE (and Moz as well)
                return oWindow;
            } function CloseFormFromServer() {
                GetRadWindow().Close();
            }
    </script>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
        <div class="smallpagenoshadow" style="width: 525px;" >
            <asp:Label ID="TopicHeading" CssClass="xltextbold" runat="server" Text="<% $GetLangString:Listings.VideosHeading %>" Visible="true"></asp:Label>
            <br />
            <br />
            <asp:Label ID="LocationLabel" CssClass="largetextbold" runat="server" Text="" ></asp:Label>
            <br /><br />
            <div>
                <asp:Table ID="Table1" runat="server">
                    <asp:TableRow>
                        <asp:TableCell>
                            <asp:ImageButton ID="VideoClip1" runat="server" BorderWidth="0px" Height="75px" Width="100px" ImageUrl="" Visible="false" Enabled="false" />
 
                        </asp:TableCell>
                        <asp:TableCell>
                            <asp:ImageButton ID="VideoClip2" runat="server" BorderWidth="0px" Height="75px" Width="100px" ImageUrl="" Visible="false" Enabled="false" />
 
                        </asp:TableCell>
                        <asp:TableCell>
                            <asp:Image ID="VideoClip3" runat="server" BorderWidth="0px" Height="75px" Width="100px" ImageUrl="" Visible="false" />
                            <asp:ImageButton ID="ImageButton3" runat="server" BorderWidth="0px" Height="75px" Width="100px" ImageUrl="" Visible="false" Enabled="false" />
 
                        </asp:TableCell>
                        <asp:TableCell>
                            <asp:Image ID="VideoClip4" runat="server" BorderWidth="0px" Height="75px" Width="100px" ImageUrl="" Visible="false" />
                            <asp:ImageButton ID="ImageButton4" runat="server" BorderWidth="0px" Height="75px" Width="100px" ImageUrl="" Visible="false" Enabled="false" />
 
                        </asp:TableCell>
                        <asp:TableCell>
                            <asp:Image ID="VideoClip5" runat="server" BorderWidth="0px" Height="75px" Width="100px" ImageUrl="" Visible="false" />
                            <asp:ImageButton ID="ImageButton5" runat="server" BorderWidth="0px" Height="75px" Width="100px" ImageUrl="" Visible="false" Enabled="false" />
 
                        </asp:TableCell>
                    </asp:TableRow>
                    <asp:TableRow>
                        <asp:TableCell ColumnSpan="5" Height="3px" ><hr /></asp:TableCell>
                    </asp:TableRow>
                </asp:Table>
 
                <ASPNetFlashVideo:FlashVideo ID="FlashVideo1" runat="server" Width="515px">
                </ASPNetFlashVideo:FlashVideo>
                <br />
                <div class="dataentry_caption2">
                    <asp:LinkButton CssClass="xlink" ID="LinkButton2" TabIndex="1" Width="80px" runat="server" Text="<% $GetLangString:Listings.CloseButtonLabel %>" ></asp:LinkButton>
                    <asp:Label ID="InjectClose" runat="server" Text=""></asp:Label>
                </div>
            </div>
            This is text before the table
            <asp:Table ID="Table2" runat="server">
                    <asp:TableRow Height="5px" >
                        <asp:TableCell >
                            <asp:HiddenField ID="HiddenKeyValue" runat="server" />
                        </asp:TableCell>
                        <asp:TableCell >
                            <asp:HiddenField ID="VideoLink1" runat="server" />
                        </asp:TableCell>
                        <asp:TableCell >
                            <asp:HiddenField ID="VideoLink2" runat="server" />           
                        </asp:TableCell>
                        <asp:TableCell >
                            <asp:HiddenField ID="VideoLink3" runat="server" />
                        </asp:TableCell>
                        <asp:TableCell >
                            <asp:HiddenField ID="VideoLink4" runat="server" />
                        </asp:TableCell>
                        <asp:TableCell >
                            <asp:HiddenField ID="VideoLink5" runat="server" />
                        </asp:TableCell>
                    </asp:TableRow>
                    <asp:TableRow Height="5px" >
                        <asp:TableCell >
                            <asp:Label ID="PageErrors" runat="server" Text=""></asp:Label>
                        </asp:TableCell>
                        <asp:TableCell >
                            <asp:HiddenField ID="VideoSize1" runat="server" />
                        </asp:TableCell>
                        <asp:TableCell >
                            <asp:HiddenField ID="VideoSize2" runat="server" />
                        </asp:TableCell>
                        <asp:TableCell >
                            <asp:HiddenField ID="VideoSize3" runat="server" />
                        </asp:TableCell>
                        <asp:TableCell >
                            <asp:HiddenField ID="VideoSize4" runat="server" />
                        </asp:TableCell>
                        <asp:TableCell >
                            <asp:HiddenField ID="VideoSize5" runat="server" />
                        </asp:TableCell>
                    </asp:TableRow>
             </asp:Table>
             This is text after the table
        </div>
        This is text after the div
    </form>
    This is text after the form
</body>
</html>

Additionally, the code to open the window is shown here...

    <telerik:RadWindow ID="RadWindow7" runat="server" Behaviors="Close" OnClientClose="OnClientClose" Modal="true" 
        NavigateUrl="ListingVideos.aspx" Skin="Black" EnableShadow="true" Width="600px" AutoSize="true" >
    </telerik:RadWindow>
 
 
function ViewVideos() {
    var listing = document.getElementById("<% =HiddenKeyValue.ClientID %>").value;
    var oWnd = radopen("ListingVideos.aspx?k=" + listing, "RadWindow7");
}

I would the window to stop just below the "Close" button.  For the sake of clarity, I added the useless text lines at the bottom (like "This is text before the table ", "This is the text after the table", etc.) to see where all of the space was being added -- but the majority is after the actual page definition.  Is this the way the window is supposed to function or am I doing something wrong.

Note: The reason I am trying to use "AutoSize" is that I am dynamically changing the size of the Flash movie control dynamically depending upon the video the user has selected and an embedded size code.  This is all working fine.

I just need to eliminate the totally wasteful space being displayed at the bottom of the page.

Thanks in advance!

Lynn
Smartie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Jul 2011
5 answers
248 views
Long story short, I need to manually enter the xml data for my scheduler and I need to make sure that I can setup meetings that reoccur.  I am trying to create a meeting that reoccurs every 3rd Tuesday of every month at 7pm.  I have pasted the appointment below, but it is not working.  Please post corrected appointment so that I can copy it.  

* First problem is that the time is incorrect.  It occurs at 7, but is showing at 6.
* Second problem is that this does not reoccur.

<Appointment>
  <ID>6</ID>
  <Subject>General Meeting</Subject>
  <Description>Some Desc.</Description>
  <Start>2011-07-19T19:00</Start>
  <End>2011-07-19T20:00</End>
  <fRecurrence>1</fRecurrence>
  <RecurrenceData>
    <recurrence>
      <rule>
        <firstDayOfWeek>su</firstDayOfWeek>
        <repeat>
          <monthlyByDay tu="TRUE" weekdayOfMonth="third" monthFrequency="1" />
        </repeat>
        <repeatForever>TRUE</repeatForever>
      </rule>
    </recurrence>
  </RecurrenceData>
 
  <RecurrenceRule>
    <![CDATA[
          DTSTART:20110719T2000
          DTEND:20110719T2100
          RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;INTERVAL=1;BYSETPOS=1;BYDAY=TU
          ]]>
  </RecurrenceRule>
  <Attribute Key="URL" Value="~/Default.aspx" />
  <Attribute Key="AppointmentType" Value="general" />
</Appointment>
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?