Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
175 views
Hello everyone

I have a Telerik RadGrid on a page that uses an asp ObjectDataSource.  This is a search page, and the user selects some options from drop down lists etc and then clicks a Search button.  The ObjectDataSource uses a SelectMethod to retrieve the data from the database based on the parameters.  I have set a breakpoint here and the ObjectDataSource returns the correct dataset.  However the grid does not update.  I have set AllowPaging = true, and if I change the page size, the grid updates with the correct data.

Many thanks for your help

Grid
<telerik:RadGrid ID="alarms" runat="server" CssClass="gridview" AllowAutomaticUpdates="true"
        AutoGenerateColumns="false" OnItemDataBound="AlarmDataBound" AllowPaging="true" AllowSorting="true"
        AllowMultiRowSelection="true" PagerStyle-Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" PagerStyle-AlwaysVisible="true">
    <MasterTableView>
        <Columns>
            <Columns removed>
        </Columns>
    </MasterTableView>
    <ClientSettings EnableRowHoverStyle="true">
        <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />
    </ClientSettings>
    <SelectedItemStyle CssClass="selected" />
    <AlternatingItemStyle CssClass="even" />
</telerik:RadGrid>

DataSource
<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="alarmData" runat="server"
     SelectMethod="GetAlarmData" TypeName="******.AlarmManagement" >
</asp:ObjectDataSource>

DataSource SelectMethod
public DataSet GetAlarmData(string dummy)
{
    using (SqlConnection connection = new SqlConnection(connString.ConnectionString))
    {
        try
        {
            connection.Open();
            SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter();
            DataSet ds = new DataSet();
            // Get the data based on search criteria
              
            da.Fill(ds);
            return ds;
        }
        catch (SqlException ex)
        {
            // Log the error
            return null;
        }
        finally
        {
            connection.Close();
        }
    }
}
Fletch
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
15 answers
389 views
Hi,

I have radscriptmanager + radcompression combining and zipping up resources tremendously well on my dev environment.

Yet despite painstakingly checking web.config / code, only the combine (not compression) works on my test server. 

Obviously something is amiss, but do you have any ideas (IIS 7 settings?) what could be stopping this as sure code is synced and struggling to see where to look.

Thanks
Matt
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
1 answer
123 views

Below code is placed in page  designer (page level).

<

 

telerik:RadScriptBlock runat="server" ID="RadScriptBlock2">

 

 

 

function

 

openFormReserve() {

 

 

    var dock = $find("<%= RadDock3.ClientID %>");

 

 

    // Center the RadDock on the screen

 

 

    var viewPort = $telerik.getViewPortSize();

 

 

    var xPos = Math.round((viewPort.width - parseInt(dock.get_width())) / 2);

 

 

    var yPos = Math.round((viewPort.height - parseInt(dock.get_height())) / 2);

 

    $telerik.setLocation(dock.get_element(), { x: xPos, y: yPos });

    dock.set_closed(

false);

 

 

    //var descriptionTextBox = $get('<%= ComboFacility.ClientID %>');

 

    Sys.Application.remove_load(openFormReserve);


}

 

 

</telerik:RadScriptBlock>


If I placed this javascript function in Javascript file (Sample.js) and assing link to this js file.

During executing script, the first line of javascript function get the null value.
var dock = $find("<%= RadDock3.ClientID %>");

Main reason is I do not want to place this javascript function at page level, and placing it js file. then How can i get the radcontrol object in javascript function.

Please do provide small sample example.

Thanks and Regards


 

Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
2 answers
128 views
I've made a UserControl containing a RadTreeView; when it is embeded in a webform it works perfectly. But when I embed my userControl in a RadWindow the dotted lines that appear when you drag'n drop nodes disappear (when

EnableDragAndDropBetweenNodes=true)

 

 

!
Do you have an idea of what could cause that problem?

jc mag
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
3 answers
265 views
Is there a way to automatically save the file when the save command is clicked without showing the dialog?  Possibly the best thing would be for me to override the behaviour of some of the commands.  Is this possible?

On a side note:  I get a javascript error when I start typing in the crop width or height dialog.  I was trying to type 100. I selected the current value in the height textbox, type the 1, and it gets the error.
Niko
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
1 answer
106 views
I use Q2 version new skins like

<

 

 

telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip1" runat="server" Skin="Office2010Silver" MultiPageID="MulProfDesPage"

 

 

 

SelectedIndex="0"

 

 

 

ShowBaseLine="True">

 

 

 

<Tabs>

 

 

 

<telerik:RadTab Text="Create Profile" Selected="True">

 

 

 

</telerik:RadTab>

 

 

 

<telerik:RadTab Text="Edit Profile">

 

 

 

</telerik:RadTab>

 

 

 

<telerik:RadTab Text="Inherit Profile">

 

 

 

</telerik:RadTab>

 

 

 

 

 

</Tabs>

 

 

 

</telerik:RadTabStrip>

It shows error page - here I have attach......
How to clear this?

 

Bozhidar
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
3 answers
240 views
Hi Support,
      I'm currently doing a popup for my data selection, this popup is a usercontrol with radgrid inside,
when i use this popup usercontrol inside another usercontrol , I'm encountering a problem,
On the first load / display of the popup the paging ,filtering and rowclick work well but when i press the paging button then use the filtering or the rowclick the grid not response anymore and when i try to check on the error console of the firefox I got the error tableView is null


regards,
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
1 answer
237 views
Hi, I have a RadGrid with a nested GridTableView. I am trying to hook up the OnPreRender event, but it doesn't ever seem to get called. After further experimentation, none of the events seem to be called on this object. The grid exhibits the same behaviour when removed from the AjaxManager. Do I need to do something else to hook up these events?

Thanks

ROSCO
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
1 answer
94 views
Hi, I want to know if when using grouping if it is possible to change the group for an item. I have an item that has Group A in the database, but in the vb code-behind I need to change the item to Group B so it gets reported under Group B. I have tried changing the  GridItem("MyGroup").Text  in the ItemDataBound event, but the item doesn't appear under the correct group (even though the text has been changed.

Thanks.
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
3 answers
274 views
Hi,
I'm using RadNumericTextBox. In a database I have a column e.g.: Preis decimal(12,2) - oracle.
How can I set in RadNumeric maxlength of digits to 12 for non-decimal digits and 2 for decimal digits?
And another question: when I set maxvalue, when user inputs more digits, the value is automatically sets to maxvalue without any question or warning. Why?
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?