Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
181 views
Hi To everyone,

I am developing a radWindow with a new Page that contains a RadMenu and I want to close it server side with a Button of the RadMenu.
If I use a Full Postback (without using the RadAjaxManager) it works, but when I put the control into the RadAjaxManager the window remains open.

Working Example:
[Javascript]
function GetRadWindow() {
          var oWindow = null;
          if (window.radWindow) oWindow = window.radWindow; //Will work in Moz in all cases, including clasic dialog
          else if (window.frameElement.radWindow) oWindow = window.frameElement.radWindow; //IE (and Moz az well)
          return oWindow;
      }
[RadAjaxManager Empty]
<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy runat="server" ID="RadAjaxManagerProxy1">
          <AjaxSettings>
          </AjaxSettings>
      </telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy>

[Server Side]
lblClose.Text = "<script type='text/javascript'>GetRadWindow().Close()</script>";

NB. All the controls is contained in a Panel named "pnlFull".
If I put the panelFull Events in the RadAjaxManager Control, the window will not disappear after the Click on the RadMenu.
Eg.:
<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy runat="server" ID="RadAjaxManagerProxy2">
         <AjaxSettings>
             <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="pnlFull">
                 <UpdatedControls>
                     <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="pnlFull" LoadingPanelID="MasterLoadingPanelBig" />
                 </UpdatedControls>
             </telerik:AjaxSetting>
         </AjaxSettings>
     </telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy>

Someone can help me????
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
1 answer
65 views
Hi,
I'm using Rad Control ASP.NET and I've done some performance test with Opera and Internet Explorer 8.0.
I've one ASPX wich includes ASCX, my ascx are loaded in RadMultiPage control dinamically.

I'm using RadAjaxPanel and UpdatePanel to do Asyn request, and my page are very slow into IE, not in Opera.

I think that the problem is Internet Explorer.
Do you know any suggestion to resolve this problem?

I'm using RadAjaxManager, I tried to use also events client-side because I thought to leave in server-side only the rebind and the request to database, but it continues to be slow.

How I do to resolve this?

Every our customer uses Internet Explorer, we want be cross browser but we can't offer speed.

Thanks in advance
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
1 answer
77 views
Hey Guys,

I recently upgraded from telerik.web.ui 2009.3.1341.35 to 2011.1.519.35 and immediately started having buggy problems with ASP.Net 2008 3.5 app employing numerous rad controls (running on Windows 2008 iis 7 NLB) when running on IE (vs 6 thru 9) - everything runs fine in FireFox. I came back into my account today and installed 2010.2.713.35 hoping there were just some issues with the 2011.1.519.35 cut. I still am experiencing the same problems. I know this is not much info but was hoping there was some known issues with these recent cuts - maybe some web.config issue(s). If there are no known issues is there some way I can download the 2009.3.1341.35 files from anywhere on your site?  

Thanks for your time and consideration,

David Gray
Andrey
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
5 answers
182 views
Hi, 

I am using the FormDecorator in the master page.
In one of my pages, I have 2 checkboxes.
One of them need to be dir=rtl. 
The problem is that when the page loads, I can see that the checkbox is ok (rtl) but after the FormDecorator occurs, it change the checkbox back.

The code for the checkbox is:
m_CheckBox.Attributes.Add("dir", "rtl")
or
m_CheckBox.Style.Add("dir", "rtl")

How can avoid the changing back issue?

10x

Niko
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
3 answers
149 views
Hi,
We are experiencing some troubles while trying to make/see our pages in design mode @VS2010 with Telerik ASP AJAX (2011.1.413.40) (.NET 4.0/C#).
The problem is that some controls are not rendered as they are in the browser, is there any tool or config that would allow us to program our screens using design mode? or the only way is doing it by  coding it?

Thanks.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
1 answer
128 views
Hi all,

I am working on optimizing my page load time. I ran my page through Google Chrome's Network Utilization Audit. One of the suggestions it makes is to specify image dimensions.

"A width and height should be specified for all images in order to speed up page display. The following image(s) are missing a width and/or height:"

but I am referencing my images like so:

<telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="RadSlidingPane2" Runat="server" IconUrl="~/Content/Dashboard/Icons/chart.png" TabView="ImageOnly" BackColor="#ECF4FD" MinWidth="160" Scrolling="Y" Title="Custom Widgets" Width="160px" EnableDock="False">
    <telerik:RadListBox ID="lstBxCustom" runat="server" EnableDragAndDrop="True" onclientdragging="OnClientDragging" OnClientDropping="OnClientDropping" Skin="Web20" Sort="Ascending" Width="100%" />
</telerik:RadSlidingPane>

Is there a simple way to fulfill this?

Sean
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
4 answers
195 views
I am not getting updated pageindex when navigating from page to page. it shows previous page number, not current one which is clicked.
Master.SearchResults is radGrid
Following is configuration of grid on aspx.     <telerik:RadGrid ID="SearchResultsGrid" runat="server" EnableViewState="True"             Height="100%" AutoGenerateColumns="false" AllowPaging="true" AllowCustomPaging="true"             AllowSorting="True" AllowMultiRowSelection="True" GridLines="None"              Skin="Telerik"  OnItemCommand="SearchResultsGrid_ItemCommand"             OnNeedDataSource="SearchResultsGrid_NeedDataSource" PageSize="50" Width="721" >             <MasterTableView EnableNoRecordsTemplate="true" TableLayout="Fixed" DataKeyNames="AssignmentId">




protected void SearchResultsGridNeedDataSource(object source, GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)
        {
            try
            {
                    LoadSearchResults();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                HandleException(Master.ErrorMessagePanel, AssignmentErrorMessages.FIND_ASSIGNMENTS, string.Empty, MessageStatus.Error, ex);
            }
        }

 private void LoadSearchResults(bool dataBind = false)
        {
            if (rdoObjectType.SelectedItem == null)
            {
                return;
            }
            if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(selNames.SelectedValue))
            {
                return;
            }
            int objectId = int.Parse(rdoObjectType.SelectedItem.Value);
            int nameId = int.Parse(selNames.SelectedValue);
            List<SelectListDto> clientNames = (List<SelectListDto>)GetClientNames(objectId, selNames.Text);
            int objectTypeId = int.Parse(clientNames.Single(c => c.Value == int.Parse(selNames.SelectedValue)).ExtraField);
            int statusId = int.Parse(rdoStatus.SelectedValue);
            AssignmentSearchResultDto assignments  = FindAssignment(objectTypeId, objectId, nameId, statusId);
 
            Master.SearchResults.VirtualItemCount = assignments.TotalItems;
            Master.SearchResults.AllowCustomPaging = true;
            Master.SearchResults.DataSource = assignments.Assignments;
            Master.SearchResults.PageIndexChanged += RadGrid1_PageIndexChanged;
        }

 private AssignmentSearchResultDto FindAssignment(int objectTypeId, int objectId, int personId, int status)
        {
            int startRowIndex = Master.SearchResults.CurrentPageIndex * Master.SearchResults.PageSize;
            int maximumRows = Master.SearchResults.PageSize;
            AssignmentSearchResultDto assignments;
            using (Assignment assignment = new Assignment())
            {
                assignments = assignment.FindAssignment(objectTypeId, objectId, personId, status, agencyId, startRowIndex, maximumRows);
            }
            return assignments;
        }



Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
2 answers
78 views
Edit: Title was supposed to read:

Bug Report: &nbsp; shows in Grid DropDownColumn and RadComboBox



When I upgraded to 2011.2.712.40 I now see &nbsp; in these grid columns sometimes. You can see it on your own demo page: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/generalfeatures/columntypes/defaultcs.aspx (Look at the RadComboBox for 'Andrew Fuller' in the second grid.)

Testing in my project, I switch to 2011.1.519.40 and &nbsp; does not show. Update the reference to Q2 and &nbsp; shows again.

Thanks,
Dan
Dan Lehmann
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
1 answer
94 views
Am trying do the same Scnarios in the following demo:

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/tooltip/examples/tooltiptreeview/defaultcs.aspx


am facing problem in RadToolTipmanager1_AjaxUpdat
when am tring Dim details As ProductDetails   ----usercontrol .

am getting error saying the usercontrol not defiend

i think am missing something ,, any one can help

thanks
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
1 answer
91 views
I currently have a grid with 1 column split into 2 based on a GridTemplateColumn I'm trying to figure out how to sort each of the separate columns by 2 different fields.  Here is my code for my grid. 

 

<

 

telerik:RadGrid ID="grdCurrentandPrior" runat="server" AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False"

 

 

 

 

 

 

GridLines="None" Skin="Web20" Style="margin-right: 0px" Width="673px" Height="260px"

 

 

 

 

 

 

OnNeedDataSource="grdCurrentandPrior_NeedDataSource" OnItemDataBound="grdCurrentandPrior_ItemDataBound">

 

 

 

 

 

 

<ExportSettings FileName="OpenItemsCurrentInventory" IgnorePaging="True" OpenInNewWindow="True">

 

 

 

 

 

 

<Excel Format="HTML" />

 

 

</ExportSettings>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="Bottom" AllowNaturalSort="false">

 

 

 

 

 

 

<CommandItemSettings ShowExportToExcelButton="true" ShowAddNewRecordButton="false" ShowRefreshButton="false"/>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<Columns>

 

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Assignee" UniqueName="Assignee" SortExpression="Assignee">

 

 

 

 

 

 

<HeaderStyle Font-Bold="True" Width="100px" HorizontalAlign="Center" />

 

 

 

 

 

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lbAssignee" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Assignee") %>'></asp:Label>

 

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Jurisdictions" UniqueName="JurisdictionCount" SortExpression="JurisdictionCount">

 

 

 

 

 

 

<HeaderStyle Font-Bold="True" Width="100px" HorizontalAlign="Center" />

 

 

 

 

 

 

<ItemTemplate >

 

 

 

 

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lbJurisdiction" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("JurisdictionCount") %>'></asp:Label>

 

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Right" ForeColor="Black" />

 

 

 

 

 

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="TemplateColumn">

 

 

 

 

 

 

<HeaderTemplate>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<table id="Table1" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" width="200px" border="1">

 

 

 

 

 

 

<tr>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<td colspan="2" align="center">

 

 

 

 

 

 

<b>Open Items by Age</b>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</td>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</tr>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<tr>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<td align="center" width="50%">

 

 

 

 

 

 

<b>Prior</b>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</td>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<td align="center" width="50%">

 

 

 

 

 

 

<b>Current</b>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</td>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</tr>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</table>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</HeaderTemplate>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<table id="Table2" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" width="260px" border="1">

 

 

 

 

 

 

<tr>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<td width="50%">

 

 

 

 

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lblPriorCount" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("OpenItemsCountPrior") %>'></asp:Label>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</td>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<td width="50%">

 

 

 

 

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lblCurrentCount" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("OpenItemsCountELD") %>'></asp:Label>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</td>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</tr>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</table>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Items Left to Pay" UniqueName="TotalRemainingItems" SortExpression="TotalRemainingItems">

 

 

 

 

 

 

<HeaderStyle Font-Bold="True" Width="100px" HorizontalAlign="Center" />

 

 

 

 

 

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lblPctComplete" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("TotalRemainingItems") %>'></asp:Label>

 

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Right" ForeColor="Black" />

 

 

 

 

 

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="% Complete" UniqueName="clmPctComplete">

 

 

 

 

 

 

<HeaderStyle Font-Bold="True" Width="100px" HorizontalAlign="Center" />

 

 

 

 

 

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lblPctComplete" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("TotalRemainingItems") %>'></asp:Label>

 

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Right" ForeColor="Black" />

 

 

 

 

 

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

 

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="AssigneeEmployeeKey" ReadOnly="True" UniqueName="AssigneeEmployeeKey"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Visible="False">

 

 

 

 

 

 

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</Columns>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</MasterTableView>

 

 

 

 

 

 

<HeaderStyle BorderStyle="Solid" />

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<ClientSettings>

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" />

 

 

 

 

 

 

</ClientSettings>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</telerik:RadGrid>

 




Thanks
Kristi
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?