Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
156 views

Hello.

In the web application I am developing, RadScheduler is used to display appointments users can join in.
Since users are not allowed to create appointments, property AllowInsert has been set to "False".

I would like to add the following features to the application:

1) If a time slot is double-clicked and there is no appointment associated with it, a message should be displayed stating that only existing appointments can be selected.

2) If a time slot is double-clicked and there is an appointment associated with it, a series of web service calls should be made in order to identify if the user is eligible to join the appointment.
If any of the conditions fails, a message should be displayed stating the reason(s) the user cannot join the appointment.

3) If a time slot is double-clicked, there is an appointment associated with it, and the conditions checked in step #2 are satisfied, the user should be allowed to join the appointment.
In this case, a form should be displayed with read-only fields, like the description and date/time of the appointment.
In addition, input fields should be displayed so that the user can provide additional information associated with the appointment.
After entering all information, the user should join the appointment after clicking Save.

I would appreciate whether some guidelines could be provided in order to implement these features.

Thank you in advance.
Paulo

Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
1 answer
63 views
Hi,

Brand new to Telerik controls and setting up a demo. I'd like to be able to click on a link in a row of Radgrid and have that open another grid preferably on a new page but ok if on same page. Is this doable?

Kind of like Master/Detail style.

Thanks!! 
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
1 answer
98 views
Hello,

I want to know how to populate a dropdownlist when I double click in my grid. I use ( http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grid-operations-with-dropdownlist-in-edititemtemplate.html ) for populating it in edit mode but I don't know how to do it when i double click in my grid, which is made like the Batch update example. Any ideas? (I can't use a sqlDataSource, I pass an Object in server side)
Thank you very much
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
1 answer
155 views
I'm trying to simulate a bullet chart with a radrating control.  What I need is the individual items in the control to not have space between them.  I need the rating control to look like one solid image.  I don't see any attributes on the control to do this, is there any CSS that might help?

Thanks,
Jamie
Bozhidar
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
1 answer
109 views
Hello, what i need for this radalert is when I clicked on the button. If the textbox is nothing, it will alert that textbox is empty and if there's something in the textbox , it will prompt that upload success.

How can i achieve that? 

Thanks
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
2 answers
190 views
Hello,

I've noticed a buggy behaviour using Telerik RadTabStrip inside ASP.NET FormView. First of all, I tried to create an example without FormView and everything worked fine. Then I put RadTabStrip and RadMultiPage inside EditItemTemplate of FormView and a problem occured.

I have 3 tabs, and when I set one of them Visible to false in Page.PreRender event, for the first time, the tab is not rendered. But after postback, even though the value is correctly loaded from viewstate and the Visible property is false (according to debugger), the tab is unexpectably rendered.

Here is the code:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="TestTabStrip.Default" %>
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
 
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
        <asp:FormView ID="fvSystemConfig" DefaultMode="Edit" DataSourceID="odsDS" RenderOuterTable="false" runat="server">
            <EditItemTemplate>
                <telerik:RadTabStrip ID="rts" runat="server" MultiPageID="rmp">
                    <Tabs>
                        <telerik:RadTab Text="Core" PageViewID="rpv1" />
                        <telerik:RadTab Text="UI" PageViewID="rpv2" />
                        <telerik:RadTab Text="Export" PageViewID="rpv3" />
                    </Tabs>
                </telerik:RadTabStrip>
                <telerik:RadMultiPage ID="rmp" SelectedIndex="0" CssClass="RadTabStripMultipage" runat="server">
                    <telerik:RadPageView ID="rpv1" runat="server">
                        <asp:TextBox ID="tb" Text='<%# Bind("Name") %>' runat="server" />
                    </telerik:RadPageView>
                    <telerik:RadPageView ID="rpv2" runat="server">
                        B
                    </telerik:RadPageView>
                    <telerik:RadPageView ID="rpv3" runat="server">
                        C
                    </telerik:RadPageView>
                </telerik:RadMultiPage>
                <asp:Button ID="Button1" CommandName="Update" Text="Save" runat="server" />
            </EditItemTemplate>
        </asp:FormView>
        <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="odsDS" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetData" TypeName="TestTabStrip.Default" UpdateMethod="UpdateData" />
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using Telerik.Web.UI;
using System.Collections;
 
namespace TestTabStrip
{
    public partial class Default : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
 
        }
 
        protected override void OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
        {
            ((RadTabStrip)fvSystemConfig.Row.FindControl("rts")).Tabs[1].Visible = false;
            base.OnPreRender(e);
        }
 
        public IEnumerable GetData()
        {
            return new List<object> { new { Name = "testing text" } };
        }
 
        public void UpdateData(string name)
        {
        }
    }
}

The version that I am using is 2010 Q3. Please let me know, if the bug has been repaired in the newer version, but in the very moment, I cannot test it in newer one.

Thank you for your response.

Best regards,
    LeoÅ¡
Leoš
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
11 answers
113 views
I have downloaded IE9 and recently installed the latest version of Telerik ASP.NET Ajax controls. I have found that when the ajax spinner is spinning the screen behind it is now turning white when it should be grayed out just like before. However when in compatability view the ajax does work correctly.

Thanks,
Trevor
Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
1 answer
182 views
I have a treeview defined like this:

<telerik:RadTreeView ID="tvHierarchy" runat="server" CheckBoxes="True" LoadingStatusPosition="BeforeNodeText" OnClientNodeChecked="tv_Check" OnClientNodeClicking="tv_Clk">
   <CollapseAnimation Duration="100" Type="None" />
    <ExpandAnimation Duration="100" />
</telerik:RadTreeView>

I want to populate the tree with multiple root nodes, so I'm trying this way:

For Each rootNode As dbo_BASE_NODE In rootNodes
   Dim node As New RadTreeNode()
   node.Text = rootNode.BN_ID & " " & rootNode.BN_NAME
   node.Value = rootNode.HN_RID
   tvHierarchy.Nodes.Add(node)
Next

But everything is aligning to the right like this (Please see attachment radtreeview.jpg).

I need all root nodes to align to the left with as little "whitespace" as possible.  There is no whitespace in the data.

Thanks,
Rob
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
4 answers
215 views
Hi, I have an issue. When i click on Radbutton1, i want a prompt to tell me that i have successfully uploaded the picture. How can i do it?

I tried ways like -

 RadWindowManager1.RadAlert("Event's picture changed!", 200, 100, "Change Image", "callBackFn")

but it doesnt seems to work too.

Thanks.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
1 answer
88 views
Hi there, I have an issue right now. I have a button(Radbutton1), & when i click on the button , i want it to alert me that i have successfully update. I have tried a few ways but it doesnt seems to work.

-  RadWindowManager1.RadAlert("Event's picture changed!", 200, 100, "Change Image", "callBackFn")

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 04 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?