Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
178 views
Hi,

I am trying to load my second combobox based on the item selected from first combobox. The code goes something like this

Aspx page

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="DepartmentDD" runat="server" OnItemsRequested="DepartmentDD_ItemsRequested" OnClientSelectedIndexChanging="LoadSection" OnClientItemsRequested="ItemsLoaded" width="175px"/>


<telerik:RadComboBox ID="SectionDD" runat="server" OnItemsRequested="SectionDD_ItemsRequested" OnClientItemsRequested="ItemsLoaded" width="175px" />   


function ItemsLoaded(combo, eventarqs) {

    var secCombo = $find("SectionDD");
    if (combo.get_items().get_count() > 0) {
        combo.set_text(combo.get_items().getItem(0).get_text());
        combo.get_items().getItem(0).highlight();
    }
                    combo.showDropDown();
}


function LoadSection(combo, eventarqs) {
    var seccombo = $find("SectionDD");
    var item = eventarqs.get_item();

    seccombo .set_text("Loading...");
    seccombo .requestItems(item.get_value(), false);
}


---------

CS page


 protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

    LoadDepartment();

}
      

    protected void LoadDepartment()
        {
        //Loads department to DepartmentDD
        }


        protected void DepartmentDD_ItemsRequested(object o, RadComboBoxItemsRequestedEventArgs e)
        {
            LoadDepartment();
        }

        protected void SectionDD_ItemsRequested(object o, RadComboBoxItemsRequestedEventArgs e)
        {

            LoadSection(Convert.ToInt16(deptid));
        }

        protected void LoadSection(int deptId)
        {
            
          //Loads section to SectionDD
        }


The problem is when I reach SectionDD_ItemsRequested after selecting item from first combo the control is firing OnInit method which loads the deparment againg :(.

Where am I going wrong?
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2011
4 answers
180 views
Hello,
Can you please tell me how do I exactly call fireCommand on filtering? According to this help page I have to pass 4 parameters, like
fireCommand("Filter", colName, expression, function).
According to some pretty old forum post, I have to pass 2 parameters, like
fireCommand("Filter", colName + "|" + expression + "|" +  function)
I tried everything but I always get Index out of bounds error. Page_Load event fires correctly  but it never comes into ItemCommand event.
Calling mastertableview.filter() function will not fire postback. So what should I do to initiate filtering from client side?
Dmitry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Aug 2011
1 answer
86 views
I came accross this post, which seems to be the issue I am having, my question is how do you do the following to fix the problem?

You will need to be sure that the chart httphandler is served by the same machine, which served the page.

Posted on Feb 17, 2010

Hi mukund,

This is my reply to the bug report you have open:

The httphandler registration is different for IIS6 and IIS7. For IIS7 you need to add an additional registration in <system.webServer> section in your web.config file. You can fine more details in this help topic. We recommend removing the chart httphandler registration completely and using the link in the VisualStudio smart tag (check the second image in this help topic) -- it will register the httphandler correctly for both IIS6 and IIS7.

As for the web farm -- RadChart will work in web farm environment under certain conditions. It would be an issue if the page is served  and therefore the chart image is generated by one machine and the next request for the image itself is served by another machine. Then this second machine will not be able to find the image. You will need to be sure that the chart httphandler is served by the same machine, which served the page.


Please, keep the correspondence in a single thread, so it easier for both you and us to follow it. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Ves
the Telerik team
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2011
3 answers
150 views
Looking for a way to access or store an object from a Linqdatasource foreign key.

I have a Radgrid using a Linqdatasource with a nestedviewtemplate and a RadTabStrip/RadMultiPage. I would like to populate a RadGrid on one of RadMultilPage with the foreign key data from the Master RadGrid.

Is this possible?
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2011
1 answer
49 views
Hi,

I am using the telerik.Web.UI.dll with version 2010.1.415.35.

I am having problem with the Rad Grid filter menu in this version. When ever I click on filter menu it firstly it shows only "Contains" button
and secondly, after clicking on filter button it gives a java script error of parsing as Parsing problem for Enum "Sys&Enum&Parse"(typeof()). something like this.

Please note that, earlier I was using the telerik DLL version of 2008 which I then replaced with 2011.2.712.35. This worked fine with no problem except with change in design. Now, I have removed this and replaced it with 2010.1.415.35 and the above error has occurred.

Can anyone help me or suggest me on this issue. Its urgent.

Thanks.

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2011
1 answer
213 views
Hi All,

I am facing a problem with RadWindow and RadListView.

I want to Rebind Perticular ListView on Parent Page on Close of the RadWindow.

I have used a RadTabStrip in side that i have more than one ListViews. I need to Rebind only perticular ListView. 

I have added a code on RadWindow's Button click :
GetRadWindow().BrowserWindow.refreshGrid(args);
GetRadWindow().close();

Which calls following method on Parent Page:

function refreshGrid(arg)
{
     //var btnName = $get("<%=btn.ClientID%>").name;
     //__doPostBack(btnName, "");
     // Above Two Lines code works fine. But the whole page Postback is called. i need only refresh perticular ListView to Rebind.
      
 
     var ajaxManager = $find("<%= RadAjaxManager1.ClientID %>");
     ajaxManager.ajaxRequest('Refresh');
      
}

cs code:
protected void RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest(object sender, AjaxRequestEventArgs e)
{
     if (e.Argument.ToString() == "Refresh")
     {        
           lstvTask.Rebind();
     }
}


This code doesn't work for me.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Rakesh Gupta



Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2011
1 answer
280 views
Hi Telerik team, I've been working on a solution requiring that the columns order can be editable, the RadGrid control we are using is on a SharePoint Webpart. We have an editor part where the page manager can edit the order of the columns. When the editing of the webpart is saved & closed the new data is passed to the RadGrid control to update. All the functionality works as expected except the order. This order is set programatically to the columns as it is configured on the editor part, we checked that the column.position is set correctly but the RadGrid is not re-ordering the columns when the Save & Close its done.
We want some support to make this work if possible.

Fun Fact: If any of the filters, grouping, or re order is done on the control (generating a Post-back) all the columns re-order with the specified order in the editor part.

Thanks in advance!!

Here is our code where we set the position of the columns:

Column column = new Column();
                    column.Name = ((Label) repeaterItem.FindControl("lblColumnName")).Text;
                    column.Id = GetColumnId(column.Name);
                    column.Display = ((CheckBox) repeaterItem.FindControl("chkDisplay")).Checked;
                    column.Position = Convert.ToInt32(((DropDownList) repeaterItem.FindControl("ColumnsDropDown")).SelectedItem.Text);
                    colunns.Add(column);

We set these attributes for each columns displayable on the RadGrid control.

Mr. Erwin W. B. Gutbrod
.NET/Sharepoint Developer Jr.
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2011
3 answers
208 views
Hi,
I have RadTextBox in my aspx page & i want to restrict user to enter any char except aplhabet. But when user enter any other char i want to display error prompt in radtextbox same like it will display in radNumericTextBox when user alphabets.
how can i implement like this?
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2011
1 answer
94 views
Hello Telerik Team,
          I have a RadTreeView in which i want to trigger an event in Expand and Colapse
         i tried lot of jquery code but i cant access
jQuery('li.rtLI div > span:eq(2)').live('click', function () {
    //xyz
});
jQuery('li.rtLI div > span.rtPlus').live('click', function () {
    //xyz
});
 I hope this helps.

Regards,
saad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Aug 2011
1 answer
89 views
since topic titles can't be edited:

Change itemtemplate depending on number of items in datasource



Hello

If my datasource contains less than 10 entries, the listview needs to display the items in a tiled way (divs with float left), but if I get more results, it should be an ordinary list (just divs).

What would be the best way to accomplish this?
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?