Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
299 views
I am looking for suggestions on the best approach for creating a web form used for creating an Order page. I need the user to be able to create an Order by first adding the Header informatiom, Name,Date,Delivery Destination, etc.. Then I want to allow them to add as many line items as they need to fulfill the order. I have seen different examples using jQuery and Linq but I'm not as up to speed on that approach as I need to be to tackle it any time soon. I'm hoping someone has created a similar approach using Telerik AJAX and can steer me in the right direction. My thoughts are to create a Form for the Header info and a RadGrid for the Items but how to dynamically add a new row once the previous row is entered?  Thanks for any ideas, suggestions.
Kiara
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Aug 2011
1 answer
182 views
Does Telerik have a download control that functions like the upload control only in reverse order. I have clients requesting the ability to select multiple files and have them all download instead of doing a file at a time. If there isn't a control, is this possible without zipping the files into a single file
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2011
1 answer
121 views
Hi,

When I specify a mask, is there a setting to make sure the user enters it entirely? For example, for phone numbers: (###) ###-####, I would want the user to enter all digits and not partial. I would want (602) 555-1212 instead of (602) 5.

Thx
G
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2011
3 answers
114 views
Hi
I am using RadControl ajax Q1 2011 net 4

I am having issues trying to get the correct rad page to display on page load.
I have 5 tabs on a strip but when the page loads I want it to load page 2 by default.
Instead when I run the app it displays the correct tab highlighted on the tab strip but the wrong multi page index 0 is being shown when I have explicitly told both TabStrip and multi page that the selected index should be 1. I have also told it the same information in the page_load event.

If I set the selected indexes to 0 then it works as it should do.

I have tried all variations of setting selecting SelectedIndex in the tab strip, multi page and the page views and it just wont work.

As a temporary fix I have done the following.

OnPage load start a timer,
when the timer fires a call an ajax callback to set the selected index server side
ajax returns and the correct tab is shown.

I have a similar issue on another page where I have 2 tab strips on the same page but both these should be displaying index position 0.
The first tab is fine and draws the correct radpage but the second tab does not draw a page at all until I click a different tab and then click back?

Any help on this greatly appreciated.


Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2011
2 answers
154 views
Hi,

I'm trying to update my grid in a dynamically load usercontrol( grid is not dynamically added) but the UpdateCommand event is not firing. The usercontrol works fine when I put it directly on my page. But when I load it in the codebehind he fires the need_datasource and than ofcourse the updatecommand is lost. Is it a problem with viewstate? Paging and itemcommand works fine.

Thanks
Bart Reekmans
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Aug 2011
1 answer
704 views
I'm using Jason Maronge's code found here: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/grid/adding-multiple-header-rows-at-runtime-in-radgrid.aspx to add an additional header row to my grid. Here's my code:

void rgItemSummary_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        //get the current header
        GridItem[] header = rgItemSummary.MasterTableView.GetItems(GridItemType.Header);
  
        //get the current THead element
        GridTHead head = ((GridTHead)header[0].Parent.Controls[0].Parent);
  
        //Get the GridHeaderItem from the THead
        GridHeaderItem currentHeaderItem = (GridHeaderItem)head.Controls[0];
  
        //Clear all GridHeaderItems
        head.Controls.Clear();
  
        //create a new GridHeaderItem which will be the new row
        GridHeaderItem newHeaderItem = new GridHeaderItem(rgItemSummary.MasterTableView, 0, 0);
  
        //Active column header
        GridTableHeaderCell itemInfoCell = new GridTableHeaderCell()
        {
            Text = "Item Info",
            ColumnSpan = 3,
            HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center
        };
  
        //Period Data Header
        GridTableHeaderCell periodCell = new GridTableHeaderCell()
        {
            Text = "Period Data",
            ColumnSpan = 3,
            HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center
        };
  
        //Current Available Header
        GridTableHeaderCell currentAvailableCell = new GridTableHeaderCell()
        {
            Text = "Current Available",
            ColumnSpan = 3,
            HorizontalAlign = HorizontalAlign.Center
        };
  
        newHeaderItem.Cells.Add(itemInfoCell);
        newHeaderItem.Cells.Add(periodCell);
        newHeaderItem.Cells.Add(currentAvailableCell);
  
        //Add back the GridHeaderItems in the order you want them to appear
        head.Controls.Add(newHeaderItem);
        head.Controls.Add(currentHeaderItem);
    }
 
Here's the problem: Only the "Current Available" cell is showing up. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

EDIT: Assuming that the grid was only accepting the last cell that I added, I commented out newHeaderItem.Cells.Add(currentAvailableCell);. Oddly enough, that removed the Current Available but the other cells still were not added. When I step through the code, I can see that after newHeaderItem.Cells.Add(currentAvailableCell); is executed, the newHeaderItem object contains three controls. Why is only one being rendered?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2011
2 answers
86 views
hello

any control for asp.net or asp.net ajax

plz tell me
Dharmesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Aug 2011
6 answers
305 views
OK,
I have the following setup on my Page.

Default.aspx contains a UserControl (ProjectGrid.asmx).

ProjectGrid.asmx contains a Grid (with an edit column). the Grid is set to EditForms with a CustomUserControl form (ProjectEditControl.asmx).

ProjectEditControl.asmx contains the custom edit form. with 3 buttons.. (Update / Cancel / Delete).

I want to pop up a confirmation on delete. I've been looking at the RadWindow and have been able to successfully replicate http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/button/examples/confirm/defaultcs.aspx. However when trying to apply this same logic to the EditForm Delete. It doesn't error... it just doesn't launch the Window.

Any help would be great. Thank you!


UPDATE
by using the method posted  Here, I was able to get the box to prompt and to call the proper methods. BUT I then had an issue with the EditForm not closing ( I am calling  e.Item.Edit = false;).
I have tested this by removing the confirm dialog using the exact same delete code and it works perfectly (but no confirm box of course).

Upon this I decided to use the standard confirm box.
function StandardConfirm(sender, args) {
         var cancel = !window.confirm("Are you sure you want to delete this project?")
         args.set_cancel(cancel);
      }

However when I do this I get the error:
"Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method" when trying to args.set_cancel.

Obviously I'm missing something.

Please help!


Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2011
1 answer
96 views
Hello,

How can I expand a node and all its parents (Not one parent).

Here is my code which only expands a node:
protected void GuideRadTreeView_NodeDataBound(object sender, RadTreeNodeEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Node.Text.Equals("Share Tests"))
            {
                e.Node.Expanded = true;
            }
        }

Please, I need your help in order to expand also its all parents until the root node.
It is very appreciated to send me the modified code.

Regards,
Bader
Bader
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Aug 2011
1 answer
217 views
Hi,
I need to style the RadGrid filter popup, this popup shows up when users click on the filter icon in the filter row. e.g. on this url:

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/generalfeatures/filtering/defaultcs.aspx

click on OrderDate Filter icon, the popup menu shows.

How do I do that?

Thanks
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 25 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?