Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
257 views
hi i open radwindow with the following code , my problem is if i set VisibleOnPageLoad=true the code is working but each time the page post back the Radwindow open again if i set VisibleOnPageLoad=false couldn't open radwindow
Dim RW As New RadWindow
RW.NavigateUrl = "Search.aspx"
RW.VisibleOnPageLoad = True
RW.Width = New Unit(720, UnitType.Pixel)
RW.Height = New Unit(532, UnitType.Pixel)
RW.VisibleStatusbar = False
RW.MaxWidth = New Unit(720, UnitType.Pixel)
RW.MaxHeight = New Unit(532, UnitType.Pixel)
RW.OnClientClose = "OnClientClose"
RW.Modal = True
RadWindowManager1.Windows.Add(RW)            
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
3 answers
264 views
How can I show the group footer when the group is collapsed?  So that the collapsed group would show the header with the name and expand/collapse button, and directly below it the footer with all the aggregates for the group.
Thanks
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
3 answers
89 views
I would like to be able to export data from multiple radgrids at the same time to a word document, Is this possible?
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
2 answers
108 views
Hi,

I get the following script error when I have removed items form the RadSlidingZone:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 13:07:22 UTC

Message: Sys.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: panelsCreated[7]
Line: 129
Char: 12
Code: 0
URI: http://vmrfri01/ScriptResource.axd?d=2TuO-4de3Cu2jy3GwiBJ9I354x-wa6kqKgnO8MqrHMQCNtAd_g7gknzZfooaXJe3O3k-3KBVsXHPIKGN0b4GONkdyHiZcbOp_H4nzrreccw2VN6Qxn_MHS2MJaxWOnUtFekVypqt0uE6Hi6aBatu4oYI0Sl47S4Hbt4BWJMq_rrbCbka0&t=ffffffffb6731f87


I have defined four slidingpanes in the slidingzone in the aspx file.
In the InitComplete event method I have added two new panes and removed one exisiting pane.
When I load the page, I get the error message.
When I only add panes all working fine without the error
Only when I have removed an existing pane the error occurs after page is loaded.

I'm using the the telerik version 2011.2.712.35

Any idea why the error occurs?

Best regards,
Ralf
d-velop.de


Ralf
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
1 answer
213 views
Hello,

when I resize the raddock to fit it's contents (usually the radDock's width is increaed; the radDock contains a radGrid), the title bar doesn't resize properly.
The width changes correctly, but the "drag zone" doesn't get wider.
For example if the radDock's width is increased from 100px to 200px, the left half of the title can be used to drag the radDock (the curser changes to the move icon when hovering) but when I hover the right part of the title it doesn't work.

After dragging the radDock a bit using the left half of the title, the right part also works correctly.

What can I do about this issue?
The resizing is done client side using the set_width property of the rad dock. The function is called by using:

Sys.Application.add_load(initializeRadDockResources);

I also tried using the OnClientInitialize event, but when using that the whole title has no "drag zone" after resizing. Also the title text is missing. But when the RadDock is opened a second time everything works.

Thanks!

Edit: I just checked something and the problem in OnClientInitialize is the same as in the load event handler. I just set the width to 0 before. It seems that when the radDock is opened and I set the width as described above, the value is not used until the radDock is opened the next time.
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
3 answers
184 views
Is there a way to alter the properties of the built in tool tip for each appointment.  More specifically, i need to adjust the AutoCloseDelay property so the tool tip stays on the user's screen longer.  Right now the tool tip contains too much information to take in when it fades away after a few seconds.

Thanks,

Luke Wautier
Ivan Zhekov
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
1 answer
179 views
Hi,

In the following demo page, there are CSS animations which include cursor change and arrow indicator in group pane when I drag-n-drop a column into group pane:

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/groupby/outlookstyle/defaultcs.aspx

How do I style these animations?

TIA
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
1 answer
96 views
I have a RadGrid in UpdatePanel1 and a Listbox and a Button in Updatepanel2.

The button in UpdatePanel2 adds items to the listbox.
 
What I'm not understanding is why when I click the button in Updatepanel2 it runs the click event and then triggers the RadGrid.NeedDataSource sub routine.Shouldn't the the click event in Updatepanel2 only post back and refresh the controls in that updatepanel?


Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
1 answer
148 views
Hello,
I have a template column which contains a lookup label. Label takes text from dictionary by ID contained in column. Column also has a templated filter which contains a combobox. When I select new item from dropdown, filter command fires and column must be filtered by combobox's ItemValue which is GUID. I  must say there is an extension method in my solution called ToGuid() which I use to convert string values. And now, when filtering command passes to server, I get the following error:

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: No applicable method 'ToGuid' exists in type 'Convert' (at index 9) в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseMemberAccess(Type type, Expression instance) в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseTypeAccess(Type type) в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseIdentifier() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParsePrimary() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseUnary() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseMultiplicative() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseAdditive() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseComparison() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseLogicalAnd() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseLogicalOr() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseExpression() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseParenExpression() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParsePrimary() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseUnary() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseMultiplicative() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseAdditive() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseComparison() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseLogicalAnd() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseLogicalOr() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.ParseExpression() в Telerik.Web.UI.ExpressionParser.Parse(Type resultType) в Telerik.Web.UI.GridDynamicQueryable.Where(IQueryable source, String predicate, Object[] values) в Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataTableFromEnumerable.FillData35() в Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataTableFromEnumerable.FillData() в Telerik.Web.UI.GridResolveEnumerable.EnsureInitialized() в Telerik.Web.UI.GridEnumerableFromDataView..ctor(GridTableView owner, DataView dataView, Boolean autoGenerateColumns, GridColumnCollection presentColumns, String[] additionalField, Boolean retrieveAllFields, Boolean enableSplitHeaderText) в Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataSourceHelper.CreateGridEnumerable(GridTableView owner, IEnumerable enumerable, Boolean caseSensitive, Boolean autoGenerateColumns, GridColumnCollection presentColumns, String[] additionalField, Boolean retrieveAllFields, Boolean enableSplitHeaderText) в Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.get_ResolvedDataSource() в Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean useDataSource) в System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) в System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) в Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.PerformSelect() в Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.DataBind() в Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) в System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) в Telerik.Web.UI.GridItem.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) в System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) в Telerik.Web.UI.GridItem.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) в Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) в System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I'm not sure whether this is an error in your code or mine or whatever else. Can you please check this out?
Thank you.
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
1 answer
121 views
I've added an ASP.NET required validator on a Telerik textbox.  I've noticed that the validator reports the contents of the textbox to be empty when the screen is first rendered, even though the textbox was prepopulated with text from a database.  Refreshing the screen seems to make the validator recognize the text again.

I know telerik textboxes render as three input controls.  Could the validator be trying to read the wrong input control?

<!-- FULL NAME -->
<div class="FixedBlockCtrl" style="top:10px;left:60px;">   
    <asp:Label ID="lblFullNameB" cssclass="standardLabel" runat="server" 
        Text="Name *" ></asp:Label>
</div> 
<div class="FixedBlockCtrl" style="top:10px;left:100px;">    
<telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtFullNameB" Label="" 
        cssclass="standardTextbox"   runat="server" 
        Width="200px" >
</telerik:RadTextBox>
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="reqFullNameB" runat="server" EnableClientScript="False" ControlToValidate="txtFullNameB"
ToolTip="First and last names required" Display="Dynamic" Text="*" 
ErrorMessage="Enter the first and last names of the coordinator" Enabled="true" ></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>    
</div>
<!-- EOF FIRST NAME -->

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?