Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
386 views
Hi Telerik,

I am just brainstorming some ideas on ways to make my dashboard more visually appealing. On my dashboard I have multiple tabs associated with multiple page views. In addition, I have a timer which runs and, on tick, increments the tab's selected index.

This all works fine and dandy -- the tabs cycle between page views and the data displayed changes. That being said, it's almost 'too' snappy. Think like UpdatePanels updating without any flash and wondering 'woah, what just happened.'

As such, I was hoping to be able to fade in/fade out page views. Obviously this isn't inherently supported in the Telerik control suite (maybe it could be in the future? :) Would be very sexy), but I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on how to make this happen? I'm fine with it being a 'modern browser only' type of thing -- using CSS3/HTML5 opacity elements... but I wasn't really sure where to start.

What do you guys think? Maybe I should change the selected indices of the TabStrip and MultiPage, but then instead of telling an UpdatePanel to refresh the content of the MultiPage I could, instead, set a client-side opacity-fader to bring the new page view up?

Sean
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Oct 2011
2 answers
161 views
Hi moderator/admin,

When I click to open the radwindow in Internet Explorer 9 browser I got the following error:
Message: Unable to set value of the property 'OnClientClose': object is null or undefined
Line: 67
Char: 3
Code: 0

My js file is written as follows to open radwindow:

<code>
function openradwindow(windowname,TitleBarBackgroundColor,navigateurl,width,height,titleimage,titlename)
{
    try
    {
    
    var oWindow =window.radopen(navigateurl, windowname);
//    var oContentFrame = oWindow.get_ContentFrame();     
    
    oWindow.SetTitle(titlename);
    var divWin = document.getElementById("RadWindowWrapper_ctl00_radwindow");
    divWin.style.backgroundColor = TitleBarBackgroundColor;
    //divWin.style.zIndex=3049;
    //divWin.style.position=relative;
     divWin.style.titlename=titlename;
    var i;
    
    for(i=0;i<10;i++)
    {
        if(document.styleSheets[i]!=null)
        {
            
            var strStyleSheetName = document.styleSheets[i].href;
            if(strStyleSheetName != null)
            {
            //added for radwindow icon image and background color of icon image
            if( strStyleSheetName.indexOf( "RadControls/Window.RadControls.css" ) != -1 )
            {
                try
                {
                    //document.styleSheets[i].rules[0].style.backgroundImage = "url("+titleimage+")";
                    
                    document.styleSheets[i].rules[0].style.backgroundColor =TitleBarBackgroundColor;
                }
                catch(err)
                {
               
                    //document.styleSheets[i].cssRules[0].style.backgroundImage = "url("+titleimage+")";
                   
                    document.styleSheets[i].cssRules[0].style.backgroundColor = TitleBarBackgroundColor;
                   
                }
            }
            }
        }
    }
    oWindow.SetWidth(width);
    oWindow.SetHeight(height);
    oWindow.show();
  }
  catch(err)
  {
  }  
 
  oWindow.OnClientClose = function()   
  {   
    oWindow.SetUrl("about:blank");
    oWindow.remove_close(OnClientClose);  
  }  
   
 }
</code>

The above javascript function is working fine in all other browsers.
How to open my radwindow in IE 9? Please reply.

Regards,
Tinoy Malayil
Tinoy Malayil
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Oct 2011
6 answers
210 views

Hi

  I have a radgrid in my page with Paging enabled, i want to show the Aggregate function for some of the columns. Assume that i have  100 records in grid, i set pagesize=50, so  my 100 records will displayed in two pages(50 per page) and also i set Count Aggregate function for the EmployeeID Column, it displays the Count as 50 in first page and again 50 in second page but i want to show the count as 100 for that Column in all the pages.

Is there any possibility to do this? if it so please send me the solution.

Thanks

Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Oct 2011
5 answers
213 views
Hello
I have a multi-line textbox ajaxified with a RadAjaxManager to be updated through an <asp:Button>
Everything worked fine until Web.UI Q2 SP1 (2011_2_915)
Now I got this javascript error when the Button is clicked (roughly translated):
"unable to read the property "id": object is null or not defined"

The VS debugger stops here:
}if(this.Type=="Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxManager"){if(i.get_postBackElement()!=this.get_element()){var c=this._updatePanels.split(",");
if(Array.contains(c,i.get_postBackElement().id)){this._isRequestInProgress=true;

In this particular statement:
if(Array.contains(c,i.get_postBackElement().id))

The button postback event is never fired.
If I change the Button with a RadButton everything works fine, but this is not a feasible solution for me at the moment.
Thank you for your help
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Oct 2011
1 answer
290 views
I'm working with the RadWindow, and all is OK - except, on the close of the RadWindow;

If an unrelated button is clicked on the same web page, the RadWindow re-appears as a popup;

I'm writing to ask if the RadWindow can be disposed of - after intended utilization;

The DestroyOnClose, and Dispose, methods did not resolve the issue of the popup window re-appearing after intened use;
//Set its properties
               rw1.Width = Unit.Pixel(400);
               rw1.Height = Unit.Pixel(400);
               //rw1.NavigateUrl = "http://www.google.com";
               rw1.NavigateUrl = "PopupFileUpload.aspx";
               //Make sure that the window will be shown after the postback
               rw1.VisibleOnPageLoad = true;
               //Add it to the RadWindowManager's Windows collection
               RadWindowManager1.Windows.Add(rw1);

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server">
             <Windows> 
                 <telerik:RadWindow ID="Window1" runat="server" NavigateUrl="PopupFileUpload.aspx"/> 
             </Windows> 
         </telerik:RadWindowManager>
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Oct 2011
1 answer
256 views
Hi,
I have two problems with exporting to PDF from RadEditor.
My html code is:
<div style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: 1.2; font-family: calibri; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; text-align: justify;">
<p style="text-align: right;">2011</p>
<br />
<h1 style="font-size: 14pt; font-weight: bold; text-align: center;">LOREM IPSUM</h1>
<span style="position: relative; bottom: -5px;">LOREM:</span>
<ul style="margin-top: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-left: 15px;">
    <li style="margin-top: 0px; padding-top: 0px;">cccccccccccccccccc vvvvvvvvvvvvvv</li>
    <li><span style="line-height: 15px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 13px;">cccccccccccccccccc vvvvvvvvvvvvvv</span></li>
    <li><span style="line-height: 15px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 13px;">cccccccccccccccccc vvvvvvvvvvvvvv</span></li>
</ul>
<p style="font-size: 8pt; font-weight: bold; text-align: center;">Pouczenie:</p>
<ol style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-left: 15px; font-size: 8pt; list-style-type: decimal;">
    <li>LOREM IPSUM</li>
    <li><span style="line-height: 12px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 11px;">LOREM IPSUM</span>:
    <ol style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-left: 15px; font-size: 8pt; list-style-type: decimal;">
        <li><span style="line-height: 12px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 11px;">LOREM IPSUM</span></li>
        <li><span style="line-height: 12px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 11px;">LOREM IPSUM</span></li>
        <li><span style="line-height: 12px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 11px;">LOREM IPSUM</span></li>
    </ol>
    </li>
    <li><span style="line-height: 12px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 11px;">LOREM IPSUM</span></li>
    <li><span style="line-height: 12px; font-family: calibri; font-size: 11px;">LOREM IPSUM</span></li>
</ol>
</div>
I pasted it to your demo sample: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/editor/examples/pdfexport/defaultcs.aspx
After exporting:
- there is a big space at the top
- bottom list left numbers (they are letters (a,b and c).
Screen - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/przechwytywaniek.png/
I have Telerik in version: 2010.1.519.35.
How to fix this?
Thanks in advance.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Oct 2011
1 answer
145 views
Hello, i try using AsyncUploadHandler, on local machine its working well, 
but on remote IIS, i got error /Handler.ashx?type=rau 500 (Internal Server Error)
    _message:  NotFound."
but with same parametrs on local machine working, if some one get problems like this, help me please.
thanks
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Oct 2011
3 answers
98 views
Hi Telerik,

This feature doesn't seem to exist implicitly, but I was wondering if there was a way to achieve this? I really like the feel of live resize and I was hoping to apply it to a RadSlidingPane inside of a click-to-open RadSlidingZone. Is this possible?

Thanks

Sean
Niko
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Oct 2011
5 answers
275 views
I'm trying to plot a series of data on a telerik:RadChart! the chart has 30 items with a data value range from 0 to 30. This works great as in image 1. What I'm trying to achieve is to be able to set the X and Y axis labels in ranges as in image 2, when i try and do this not all the charts are plotted in the plot area of the chart. What I'm trying to achieve is something like image 3 is this possible?
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Oct 2011
4 answers
400 views

How do i bind the concatenated texts of all checked item of the RadComboBox to a field in the SQLDatasource using the selectedvalue property? Am using the ASP.NET AJAX RadControls Q2 2011. 

An example would be very welcome.

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Oct 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?