Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
111 views
Greetings,

For various reasons i had to add data to my grid outside the grid itself (no use of Edit,Delete buttom)
Therefore when i make a query the grid does not refresh...
How could i make this ?

Thanks in advance
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
1 answer
212 views
I'm writing to ask if there are examples of utilizing the hide method of the RadWindow - to make the RadWindow invisible;

Thanks in advance for any insight;  Best regards - Rob
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
1 answer
150 views
Hi Telerik team,
actually we are evaluating the trial version of the ajax suite.
we'd like to hide the button (se attach file)

how can we achived this ?

thank you very much

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
1 answer
103 views
I am having an issue on multiple pages with the RadDatePicker.  If the user uses the Calendar and selects a date there is no issue, but about 35% of the time if the user manually enters the date byt typing it in it does not recognize the date as the selected date.  I am using version 2009.3.1314.35.

<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="dpMeetingDate" runat="server" MinDate="2009-01-01" Width="150px" ImagesPath="" Skin="Vista" Enabled="false">
        <Calendar UseRowHeadersAsSelectors="False" UseColumnHeadersAsSelectors="False" ViewSelectorText="x" Skin="Vista"  />
        <DatePopupButton ImageUrl="" HoverImageUrl="" />
</telerik:RadDatePicker>

when I try to save or sometimes try to filter by looking at the date entered if the user has manually entered it I get the error that no date was selected.

if (dpMeetingDate.SelectedDate == null)
{
  lblError.Text += "<br>  - Select a meeting date";
  canSave = false;
}
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
1 answer
128 views
Hey, how can i hide a hierarchy column in a radgrid from the server side (VB.NET)?

Depending on authorisation, for exemple if a checkbox is checked.
(Not working)
if mycheckbox.checked = true then
    radgrid1.columns(0).display = false
    radgrid1.columns(0).visible = false
End if

(working, only hide the arrow in the hierarchy column)

Dim

 

 

 numberoflines As Integer = radgrid1.Items.Count

 

 

 

For i = 0 To numberoflines - 1

 

radgrid1.Items(i).Cells(0).Controls(0).Visible =

 

False

 

 

 

Next i

 


I need to hide the column because the waste of space in the grid.
I dont want to make another radgrid in copy without the detailtable and call:
if mycheckbox.checked = true then
    radgrid1.visible = true
    radgrid2.visible = false
else
    radgrid1.visible = false
    radgrid2.visible = true
End if

How can i hide the column(0) of the radgrid in the server side?

TY for your reply


Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
1 answer
122 views
Hi. 
I had this radgrid: 

 <telerik:RadGrid ID="radGrdView" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="false" 
                        AllowPaging="true" OnEditCommand="Edit_Click" OnCancelCommand="Cancel_Click" OnUpdateCommand="Update_Click">
                        <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" />
                        <GroupingSettings CaseSensitive="false" />
                        <MasterTableView TableLayout="Fixed">
                            <Columns>
                                <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn EditText="Editar" CancelText="Cancelar" UniqueName="grdEdtColumn" />

                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="idUser" DataType="System.Int32" HeaderText="Nº Colaborador"
                                    Visible="true"  UniqueName="idUser" ReadOnly="true">
                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="organizationID_FK" DataType="System.Int32" HeaderText=""
                                    Display="false" UniqueName="idEmpresa" ReadOnly="true">
                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="UserName" DataType="System.String" HeaderText="Colaborador"
                                    Visible="true"  UniqueName="User" ReadOnly="true">
                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                  
...
                                 <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="totalDias" DataType="System.DateTime"  HeaderText="Dias de Férias"
                                    Visible="true"  UniqueName="Data" ReadOnly="false">
                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>


                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="diasPorGozar" DataType="System.Int32" HeaderText="N.º Dias Férias Gozados"
                                    Visible="true"  UniqueName="NFerias" ReadOnly="false"> 
                                </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                            </Columns>
                        </MasterTableView>
                    </telerik:RadGrid>

As it's possible to note i add a GridEditCommandColumn. This edit button should allow me to edit my last two columns.
When i click on "Update", Cancel or "Edit" my radgrid disapears, only apearing on a new databind to it.  On the new bind then a template for editing the last columns appears. 
 1st problem:  what can i do in order that radgrid doesn't disapear, since it doesn't make sense that i had to rebind the grid to see it with the template. 

My ideia was that when i click on edit, the last two columns would be enable for edit  an i could do it directly on it.  is this possible? 






Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
3 answers
160 views
Hi

Here are the steps I have followed to upgrade from version
Telerik.Web.UI version = 2009.1.311.35
to Telerik.Web.UI version = 2010.2.826.35

I Installed 2010.2.826.35 on my machine and replaced the old Telerik.Web.UI.Version.dll on the VS2008 Add references with the new one.  I maually edited the web config and changed the version attribute alone to 2010.2.826.35. I also copied the Telerik.Web.Design.dll to project references.

However on the designer I still see the things like
Error Creating Control - Master content Update Panel
failed to create designer "Telerik.Web.UI.RadAjaxPanel, Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2009.1.311.35 Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78195ba3d4"

The old dll is in a different folder but there are no references to it.

Is my upgrading methods correct? How to solve the designer problem of not rendering the radcontrols?

I appreciate all the help.
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
1 answer
102 views
How do I get the value (What radio button is currently selected) for a group of radio buttons from CS code behind?

Thanks
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
1 answer
156 views

Hello,

 

I'm trying to get Cell Values for Selected Rows Client-side, and I followed the following example below, but what about if the cell is a text box or drop down list?  I am getting null on innerhtml and value when I reference those controls within the grid.  Is there a different method to access controls within the grid and not necessarily the bound fields?

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grid-getting-cell-values-for-selected-rows-client-side.html

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
2 answers
143 views
Hi

I am trying to change the mode of my radeditor to read only using client-side code. I did try modifying the enableEditing property but got the same result. On loading my page I want to be able to check the value of a hidden field and if it is 1 then set the editor into preview mode. If the hidden field is 0 then the editor should go into edit mode. I haven't got that far because the editor is giving inconsistent results. I can't get past just unconditionally setting the mode. Sometimes it works and sometimes I get the error in this thread title. It looks like the editor hasn't fully loaded in time for my onload javascript function. The relevant code is below. Please advise.

thx Michael

 


<body
onload="LoadPage();">



function LoadPage() 

 

var editor = $find("<%=txtVisitNotes.ClientID%>");

editor.set_mode(1);
}

Michael Hurse
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Oct 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?