Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
147 views
Hi, I'm having an annoying problem. When I select an item in the grid, the page automatically scrolls so the selected item is centered on the screen.
This behaviour is very annoying when I try to double-click an item 'cos the page scrolls on my first click and I end up doing my second click
somewhere else on the page.

Is there a way to disable this auto-scroll behavior?

Regards,
Santiago.
Diego
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
4 answers
855 views
i need to disable Gridbuttoncolumn where my value=0 if my value =1 Gridbuttoncolumn still show i try to use this code

For i = 0 To dt.Rows.Count - 1
          Dim dd As String = dt.Rows(i).Item("StatusCode").ToString
          If dd <> "0" Then
              RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Columns.FindByUniqueName("Accept").Visible = False
           End If
       Next

but if  dd <> 0  on the last of row button name "Accept" will be not show all of row
Luis
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
1 answer
88 views
Greetings,

I have a GridTemplateColumn on my grid :

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="TemplateEditColumn">
    <ItemTemplate>
        <asp:HyperLink ID="EditLink" runat="server" Text="Participants"></asp:HyperLink>
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

When i click on it,the program goes here to send the ID of the row:
protected void RadGrid1_ItemCreated(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
{
 
    if (e.Item is GridDataItem)
    {
 
        HyperLink editLink = (HyperLink)e.Item.FindControl("EditLink");
        editLink.Attributes["href"] = "#";
        editLink.Attributes["onclick"] = String.Format("return ShowEditForm('{0}','{1}');", e.Item.OwnerTableView.DataKeyValues[e.Item.ItemIndex]["idRDV"], e.Item.ItemIndex);
 
    }
 
 
}

BUT when i try to insert a new record on my grid, the program goes also here and create an ArgumentOutofRangeException

basically, it says : the index is out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index


Can anyone help me ? thanks in advance
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
4 answers
257 views
I have a radComboBox that I populate with data from a datatable. We do not allow custom text, so the first record is blank in case a user doesn't want to save any data from the comboBox. If the comboBox is loaded with items in the aspx page:
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" AllowCustomText="false" MarkFirstMatch="true"
    Width="100px" DropDownWidth="150px" MaxHeight="350px" NoWrap="true" HighlightTemplatedItems="true"
    ExpandDirection="Down">
    <Items>
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text=" " Value="" />
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Female" Value="F" />
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Male" Value="M" />
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Unknown" Value="U" />
    </Items>
</telerik:RadComboBox>
the first highlighted row will have the same height as the rows with data.

If the comboBox is loaded from a datatable, the first row height is about 1/4 the height of the rows with data. See the attached jpg. Is there a way to make all the rows the same height when loaded from a datatable. I did try this with different skins and got the same effect.
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" AllowCustomText="false" MarkFirstMatch="true"
    Width="100px" DropDownWidth="150px" MaxHeight="350px" NoWrap="true" HighlightTemplatedItems="true"
    ExpandDirection="Down">
    <ItemTemplate>
        <table style="width: 110px; text-align: left; font-size: 8pt" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
            <tr>
                <td width="110px">
                    <%#DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "LookUp_List_Description")%>
                </td>
            </tr>
        </table>
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadComboBox>
The comboBox is actually part of an ascx control used for lookup items and is fully dynamic. All I have to do is set a property for the type of lookup data the box will self load.
  
I am using Telerik.Web.UI version 2011.2.712.35
Ivana
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
7 answers
203 views

I need to do something similar to that you have in this example

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/tooltip/examples/loadondemand/defaultcs.aspx but imagine that in the control that embedded in a tooltip is an update control and I’m changing product name, so after I finished updating my fields I need to refresh my parent page. How do I do that? I’m using the same control tree similar to what you have in your example.

  1. Have a parent page (user control)
  2. Have a telerik:RadListBox that is bound and on ItemDataBound I add TargetControls collection
  3. On OnAjaxUpdate I instantiate my “Update User Control”.  I have “Save” button on it so when action is taken in “Update” control I need to refresh my Parent page with new info
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
7 answers
319 views
Hello,

I am unable to find an example that will do inline insert and update or form insert and update for radgrid.

I found an example http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/client/insertupdatedelete/defaultcs.aspx
and implemented that feature and works fine with WCF. But what i really want it to do inline insert and update or
form insert and update from clientside.

Is there any example available or a blog entry for this?

Regards
Mac
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
1 answer
118 views
How can I make my telerik:RadTicker control refresh data without having to reload the page every time there is a change to the underlying data?
Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
3 answers
295 views
hi

I am using radtreeview with the following properties and settings but when i click on node "onnodeclick" event dosnot work.
the second problem is that the + in right of node does not work at all(expand), and also when i debug it doesn't go to nodeclick event.

     <telerik:RadTreeView ID="TreePicGroup" runat="server" DataFieldID="ID" DataFieldParentID="ParentID"
                            DataTextField="Title" CheckBoxes="true" OnNodeClick="TreePicGroup_NodeClick" OnNodeDrop="treeRole_NodeDrop"
                            EnableDragAndDrop="True" EnableEmbeddedSkins="True" Skin="Telerik"
                            dir="rtl" RegisterWithScriptManager="False" >
                        </telerik:RadTreeView>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C# Code

  
    protected void TreePicGroup_NodeClick(object sender, RadTreeNodeEventArgs e)
    {
        pnlMSG.Visible = false;
        pnlSetting.Visible = true;

        lblSubMenu.Text = e.Node.Text;

        if (e.Node.Text != "ريشه" && HidNewGroup.Value != "New")
        {

            DataTable dtGroup;

            CMS_PictureGallary ObjPicGroup = new CMS_PictureGallary();

            dtGroup = ObjPicGroup.GetGroup(Convert.ToInt32(cmbLibrary.SelectedValue), Convert.ToInt64(e.Node.Value));
            txtTitle.Text = dtGroup.Rows[0]["Title"].ToString();
            txtDes.Text = dtGroup.Rows[0]["Des"].ToString();
            txtDate.Value = ShamsiDate.get(dtGroup.Rows[0]["Created"].ToString(), 1);
            chkShowPic.Checked = Convert.ToBoolean(dtGroup.Rows[0]["PicPanel"]);
            if (dtGroup.Rows[0]["Link"].ToString().StartsWith("?PageID"))
            {
                CboLink.SelectedValue = "1";
                txtLinkID.Text = dtGroup.Rows[0]["Link"].ToString();
                TrLink.Visible = true;
            }
            if (e.Node.ParentNode == null)
                ChkReport.Enabled = false;
            else
            {
                ChkReport.Enabled = true;
                int Report = ObjPicGroup.Search_ReportGroup(Convert.ToInt32(cmbLibrary.SelectedValue), (dtGroup.Rows[0]["ParentID"]).ToString());
                if (Convert.ToInt32(e.Node.Value) == Report)
                    ChkReport.Checked = true;
                else
                    ChkReport.Checked = false;
            }
            //set Visible
            cboDisplay.SelectedValue = Convert.ToInt32(dtGroup.Rows[0]["checked_out"]).ToString();
            ImgPic.ImageUrl = "~/uploads/" + dtGroup.Rows[0]["BasesID"].ToString() + "/PictureGallary/Group/" + e.Node.Value.ToString() + ".jpg";


            BtnReg.Text = "ويرايش";
            pnlGroupName.Visible = true;

        }
        else
        {
            pnlGroupName.Visible = false;
            if (HidNewGroup.Value == "New")
            {
                txtTitle.Text = "";
                txtDate.Value = ShamsiDate.get(DateTime.Now.ToString(), 1);
            }
            else
                pnlSetting.Visible = false;
        }
    }
----------------------------------

Thanks NeDa
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
3 answers
68 views
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
3 answers
86 views
Hello,

I'm using RadScheduler, and earlier in a post I saw an example of how to use a reminder, with a dropdownlist as I am customizing.
The problem is that I did exactly as stated in the example I saved in my database and that the inforacion no problem just send me no notice, if I open the application or not orders left open the popup reminder. I spent part of the code I'm using:

<InlineEditTemplate>
                                   <tr height="20px"> 
                                        <td align="right" class="style2" valign="top"> 
                                            Recordatorio
                                        </td> 
                                        <td class="style3">
                                        <asp:DropDownList ID="cboReminder" runat="server" >
                                           <asp:ListItem Text="Ninguno" Value="Ninguno"></asp:ListItem> 
                                           <asp:ListItem Text="5 minutos" Value="5"></asp:ListItem> 
                                           <asp:ListItem Text="10 minutos" Value="10"></asp:ListItem> 
                                           <asp:ListItem Text="30 minutos" Value="30"></asp:ListItem>
                                           <asp:ListItem  Text="1 hora" Value="60" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="2 horas" Value="120" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="3 horas" Value="180" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="4 horas" Value="240" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="5 horas" Value="300" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="6 horas" Value="360" ></asp:ListItem
                                            <asp:ListItem Text="7 horas" Value="420" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="8 horas" Value="480" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="9 horas" Value="540" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="10 horas" Value="600" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="11 horas" Value="660" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="12 horas" Value="720" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="18 horas" Value="1080" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="1 día" Value="1440" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="2 días" Value="2880" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="3 días" Value="4320" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="4 días" Value="5760" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="1 semana" Value="10080" ></asp:ListItem>
                                            <asp:ListItem  Text="2 semanas" Value="20160" ></asp:ListItem>                                           
                                        </asp:DropDownList>
                                        </td>
                                    </tr>    
                                       </InlineEditTemplate>
  ahora en c#
  protected void RadScheduler1_AppointmentCommand(object sender, AppointmentCommandEventArgs e)
        { 
if (e.CommandName == "Insert")
            {
                Gestion gestion;
                gestion = new Gestion();
  
                GestionBO gestionBO;
                gestionBO = new GestionBO();
  
                string save;
  
                RadDateTimePicker Fecha = (RadDateTimePicker)e.Container.FindControl("dtpStart");
                TextBox Contacto = (TextBox)e.Container.FindControl("txtContacto");
                RadComboBox Evento = (RadComboBox)e.Container.FindControl("cboEvento");
                RadComboBox SubEvento = (RadComboBox)e.Container.FindControl("cboSubEvento");
                RadDateTimePicker FechaPromesa = (RadDateTimePicker)e.Container.FindControl("dtpEnd");
                RadComboBox Estatus = (RadComboBox)e.Container.FindControl("cboEstatus");             
                TextBox observaciones = (TextBox)e.Container.FindControl("txtObservaciones");
                DropDownList Recordatorio = (DropDownList)e.Container.FindControl("cboReminder");
                RadWindowManager RadWindowManager1 = (RadWindowManager)e.Container.FindControl("RadWindowManager1");
  
                gestion.DatFecha = Fecha.SelectedDate.Value;                
                gestion.StrContacto = Contacto.Text;
                gestion.IntEvento = Convert.ToInt32(Evento.SelectedValue);
                gestion.IntSubEvento = Convert.ToInt32(SubEvento.SelectedValue);
                gestion.DatFechaPromesa = FechaPromesa.SelectedDate.Value;                            
                gestion.IntEstatus = Convert.ToInt32(Estatus.SelectedValue);
                gestion.strReminder = Convert.ToString(Recordatorio.SelectedValue);
                gestion.StrObservacion = observaciones.Text;
  
                Appointment appointmentToUpdate = RadScheduler1.PrepareToEdit(e.Container.Appointment, RadScheduler1.EditingRecurringSeries);
                if (Recordatorio.SelectedValue != "none")
                {
                    appointmentToUpdate.Reminders.Add(new Reminder(int.Parse(Recordatorio.SelectedValue)));
                }
                RadScheduler1.UpdateAppointment(appointmentToUpdate);
  
                if (vsEvent == 0)
                {
                    gestion.Operation = 1;
                    gestion.IntCliente = Convert.ToInt32(Session["intCliente"].ToString());
                      
                }
                else
                {
                    gestion.Operation = 2;
                    HiddenField hddCliente = (HiddenField)e.Container.FindControl("hddCliente");   
                    gestion.IntCliente = Convert.ToInt32(hddCliente.Value); 
                    gestion.Id = vsId;
                }
  
                save = gestionBO.Save(gestion);
  
                if (Convert.ToInt32(save) > 0)
                {
                    RadScheduler1.DataSource = Data();
                    RadScheduler1.DataBind();
                }
                else
                {
                    RadWindowManager1.RadAlert(gestion.ErrorMessage, 330, 100, "Server RadAlert", "alertCallBackFn");
                }
  
                gestion = null;
                gestionBO = null;
            }
            if (e.CommandName == "Cancel")
            {
                vsEvent = 0;
                vsId = 0;
            }
        }

Take that example because that just as I am working with my RadScheduler1_AppointmentCommand've seen other examples where they use one. Js and more things but the truth is more complicated me and I will make things move more what I'm doing, I hope and I can help if I have an error or a solution as this I saw was easier for me what I'm working.
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?