Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
104 views
Hi

I have a rad grid which has a delete column at the end which is GridTemplateColumn.

The user can add to the form using EditMode="InPlace". When this insert row appears I want the delete button for this row to be invisible (because you can't delete a record that hasn't been inputted yet).

Does anyone know how to do this please?

Thanks
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
7 answers
99 views
Please have a look at the attached screen shot.

The image includes a RadTextBox and a RadEditor. The Textbox is rendered with an image as a background so it shows up dark. The edirot doesn't.

I assume that this was a concious decision on the part of someone at Telerik Towers, I just can't figure out why.

The problem I have is it looks dreadful on a page that has a lot of skinned TextBoes and a RadEditor.

Do I have an option for fixing this? By fixing it, I mean, obviously, getting it to look like the rest of the controls on a page.

--
Stuart
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
2 answers
133 views
I would like to show on a table a schedule. As columns I would like to use the hours of the day, from 0h to 23h, and as columns I would like to use the month days, from 1 to 31 (or 30 depending on the month). You have an example attached as sample2.jpg.

The attached file sample1.jpg is the most similar sample I've found, trying to explain which is my goal.

I was unable to achieve it, so I'll be very grateful if you help to do it.
Ricard Bertran Vall
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
4 answers
120 views
Specifically, I need to hide the Insert Image button and associated controls on the Cell Properties tab of the Table Wizard.

I can do it with a simple bit of CSS (I believe), but I need to know how to inject CSS in to that dialog.

Any/all help will be appreciated.

--
Stuart
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
1 answer
165 views
In a previous verion of Telerik controls, the following code worked, but it no longer does.  Can anyone help?  Both CustC and CustAN now return a blank value

Private Sub RadGrid2_InsertCommand(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs) Handles RadGrid2.InsertCommand
    Dim editedItem As GridEditableItem = CType(e.Item, GridEditableItem)
    Dim isCustCode As Boolean = False
    'Dim intAutoNumber As Integer = CType(editedItem.FindControl("AutoNumber"), TextBox).Text
    'Dim strActivity As String = CType(editedItem.FindControl("Activity"), TextBox).Text
    Dim MyUserControl As UserControl = CType(e.Item.FindControl(GridEditFormItem.EditFormUserControlID), UserControl)
    Dim CustC As String = CType(MyUserControl.FindControl("rcCustomer"), RadComboBox).Text
    Dim CustAN As String = CType(MyUserControl.FindControl("rcCustomer"), RadComboBox).SelectedValue

The code for the ascx page is as follows:


Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
    dsCustomers.Clear()        
  
Dim strSPName1 As String = ""
          
  
  
        If (Session("SalesPersonID") = "0" And Session("CSRID") <> "0") Or Session("SalesPersonID") = "999" Or Session("EstimatorID") <> "0" Then
            strSPName1 = "GetCustomersActivity"
        ElseIf Session("SalesPersonID") <> "0" Then
            strSPName1 = "GetCustomersActivitySales"
        End If
  
        If strSPName1 = "" Then
            strSPName1 = "GetCustomersActivity"
        End If
  
  Dim cmd1 As New SqlCommand(strSPName1, myConnection2)
        cmd1.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
  
         
  
        If (Session("SalesPersonID") = "0" And Session("CSRID") <> "0") Or Session("SalesPersonID") = "999" Or Session("EstimatorID") <> "0" Then
        ElseIf Session("SalesPersonID") <> "0" Then
            cmd1.Parameters.Add(New SqlParameter("@SalesPersonID", Session("SalesPersonID")))
        End If
  
  
  
  
  
  
        dtAdapter2.SelectCommand = cmd1
        dtAdapter2.Fill(dsCustomers)
  
        dvCustomers = New DataView(dsCustomers.Tables(0))
  
  
        Me.dvCustomers.AddNew.Item("CustName") = " "
        Me.dvCustomers.AddNew.Item("CustName") = "  "
        Me.dvCustomers.Sort = "CustName"
        Me.dsCustomers.AcceptChanges()
  
        rcCustomer.ClearSelection()
  
        rcCustomer.DataTextField = "CustName"
        rcCustomer.DataValueField = "CustName"
        rcCustomer.DataSource = dvCustomers
        rcCustomer.DataBind()
  
    End Sub
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
3 answers
206 views
Hi,

I am using Radgrid, I have a colum with the html link upon clicking on that we are opening a radwindow , I have to preserve the rad windows even when the parent Radgrid refreshes ( Postback), I am using asp.net timer control to refresh the grid at a particular interval, as soon as the grid refreshes the windows disappear , Please suggest me how can I preserve the rad window during postback..

we are using DLL version of  2009.1.311.35.

I have done the below code to achieve that.

protected override object SaveViewState()
        {
            Control windowsManager = ctlVariables.FindControl("listPopupManager");
            Control windows = windowsManager.FindControl("variableValue");
            Object basestate =  base.SaveViewState();
            object[] allStates = new object[10];
              
            allStates[0] = windows.Visible;
            return allStates;
        }
  
        protected override void LoadViewState(object savedState)
        {
            if (savedState != null)
            {
                object[] myState = (object[])savedState;
                if (myState[0] != null)
                {
                    string visible = myState[1].ToString();
                } 
            }



Thanks,
Ambuj

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
3 answers
227 views
Hi,
I have a project using a RadGrid connected into a DataSourceObject and using paging to select only the necessary
quantity of records that I need to show on a web page. Everything is working fine, except by one situation that I would
like to know if somebody can help me to solve.

When I press the Insert button on grid , it opens a new empty row to edit the fields values, but the page is moved
to the last page of the grid, generating a call to the select method of objectDataSource with the parameters of
startRowIndex and maximumRows to get data from the last records from a table.

How is possible to avoid this behavior, keep on the same page that was been shown before the insert button be pressed ?

Thanks,
Edson
Jayesh Goyani
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
1 answer
109 views
This must be so simple/obvious I can't find it. I have a context menu set up to supply various details on appointments and I need to display these details in a modal popup type of display with an X or OK button to close it.

Is this something I can/should do from Rad Scheduler or should I just make a modal popup external to the control?

Thanks!
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
1 answer
201 views
Hi im using RadUpload, a few days ago, I get an exception saying "A potentially dangerous Request.Files value was detected from the client", caused by an illegal character (#) in the filename. I don't want to se validateRequest=false on @page directive. I would like to validate filename client side.
How can I do that?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
1 answer
380 views
I have a usercontrol inside a radajaxpanel of my aspx page. I have a datepicker in this usercontrol.
On page load I have made the datepicker visible false as :-
DateRange.EndDateControl.Style.Value = "display: none";
I need to make the datepicker visible true at client side on onclick of checkbox. I have written a call back function as :-
function MakeControlsVisible(CheckBoxControl) {
                 var endDateControl = "<%= DateRange.EndDateControl.ClientID %>";
        var datePicker = document.getElementById(endDateControl);
  
                    if (CheckBoxControl.checked == true) {
                        datePicker.style.display = "block";
                    }
                                   }
Even after making the datepicker style "display:block" , I am not able to see the datepicker on my page. Can you help me what is going wrong?
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?