Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
1.4K+ views
I'm using your demo code from
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/window/examples/dialogreturnvalue/defaultvb.aspxand would like to put the button call that closes the window into code.
change this:

<div style="margin-top: 4px; text-align: right;">

 <button title="Submit" id="close" onclick="returnToParent(); return false;">

 Submit</button>

 </div>

into this:

Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

      Button1.Attributes("onclick") = "return returnToParent(); return false;"

  End Sub

But it takes two clicks to call the function.  All help is apprecieted

rdmptn
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
1 answer
180 views
Hi Team,

I am using rad editor. i added the custom drop down using Tools.xml file and like to set the image instead of text as heading of drop down.
<tool name="InsertElement"  type="dropdown" showicon="true" showtext="false">
     <item name="xref" Value="xref"/>
     <item name="p" Value="p"/>
        </tool>
and add the back ground image using css
span.InsertElement
{
 background-image: url(../Images/icoElemCut.png);
 background-repeat :no-repeat;
 
}

using

.rade_toolbar

.InsertElement

also.
But i didnt get the image only. I got the drop down with image. I hace attached the image.

2. I need to assign the actual content to editor after editing some text in editor.

   first time, i bind the actual text to editor. It will display correct.
   then, i can edit some text and with out saving to data base, press the Reload button.
   While reloading, i will assign the actual content from data base to editor.
   It is assigned correctly in code behind. but editor shows with edited content. 
   How to refresh/update the editor while reassigning the content.

It is urgent project. Please help me.
Thanks in advance.
Uma 

 

 

 

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
4 answers
415 views
I'm working with the Telerik RadWindow, and I am writing to ask how best to add a button to the RadWindow Title Bar;

Best regards - Rob
rdmptn
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
4 answers
292 views
hi all
i want batch updates functionality with rows in rad grid.

below is the batch update with cells but i want batch updates with rows.
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/dataediting/clienteditbatchupdates/defaultcs.aspx

regards
Ravi
mcamail2002@gmail.com
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
7 answers
208 views
Hi,

Thanks for your help with previous inquiries that I've had.

I've got this issue and am confused by it.
This is something that we are trying to understand why it's happening here and not with other html elements.

Follow these steps:
1. In Design mode, add a table to the editor.
2. Got into HTML mode and wrap the table in a paragraph tag so all you get is something like:
<p>
<table>
    <tbody>
        <tr>
            <td>1</td>
            <td>2</td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td>3</td>
            <td>4</td>
        </tr>
    </tbody>
</table>
</p>

Go into Design mode, and then go back into HTML mode.
And all of a sudden it looks like this:
<p>
</p>

<table>
    <tbody>
        <tr>
            <td>1</td>
            <td>2</td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td>3</td>
            <td>4</td>
        </tr>
    </tbody>
</table>


Why did it do that?

If I put some random junk instead of a table and do the same thing, the content remains inside the paragraph.

This is currently driving me crazy as I cannot figure out how to fix this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cameron


Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
1 answer
136 views
Hello,
Documentation about my question is found by using below link :
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grid-persist-selected-rows-client-sorting-paging-grouping-filtering.html

The question is when i move to another page in the grid the  var selected = {}; became null (before moving to another page the variable selected contains ids of the selected rows)
so it is not remembering the selected rows  when i move to another page in the grid
any suggestions.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
1 answer
103 views
I have a FileExplorer that I've tagged some extra functionality on so that the preview window loads larger and is resizable. However, when I close this window, it is not destroyed and continues to lurk in the background. I want to destroy it so that if I go to open another window, that window will be the active one and pick up where the previous one left off.

Here is the code I am using for the extra properties, found in another thread:

function OnExplorerFileOpen(oExplorer, args)
{
    if (!args.get_item().isDirectory()) {
        setTimeout(function ()
        {
            var oWindowManager = oExplorer.get_windowManager();
            var previewWindow = oWindowManager.getActiveWindow();
            oWindowManager.add_show(addShowHandler);
            previewWindow.setSize(800, 500);
        }, 100);   // Some timeout is required in order to allow the window to become active
 
        // destroy code will go here I hope?
    }
}

This is wired to the OnClientFileOpen event on my FileExplorer.

Thanks,
Chris
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
2 answers
233 views
I have implemented the an AJAX enabled Web Service for my combo box exactly as explained here:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/combobox-load-on-demand-wcf-service.html 
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/combobox/examples/loadondemand/wcf/defaultvb.aspx 

It works perfectly on my development server running IIS7.5. When I run it on my remote test server also IIS7.5 - I get a 401 error. The rest of my ASP.NET4 web app works fine. Using Fiddler I find I get a 401 Unauthorized error - the inner exception being  "Authentication Failed" System.InvalidOperationException. The IIS log shows 401 0 0 after the POST to my web service, i.e. a sub error code of 0. I think this relates to "Access is denied due to invalid credentials"?

This post sums up my problem:
http://forums.asp.net/t/1431102.aspx/1 
But as you can see no answers.

I've spent a long time looking into this with no luck and I'm really running out of ideas. It must be down to some IIS configuration or permission or something similar. Has anyone had this problem before of know how to resolve it? Thanks
Al
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
1 answer
232 views
Hello,

Can you please provide a VB.Net method that can reset (or "unrate") the value of a RadRating contol? What I need to achieve is the following:
When user rates I check the database to see if he didn't previously rate in the past by verifying the user ID. This works fine, I have all necessary code in the Rate event. However, I also need to undo his rating in case he attempts to rate twice.

Thank you,
M.R.
Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
8 answers
112 views
Following the latest release, the RadWindow designer seems broken. If you put a new RadWindow on a page, you get one chance to edit the contents template, the rest of the changes are visible in designmode, but not in sourcemode (ie never saved to the page). Very easy to reproduce, just drop a new RadWindow onto a page, go to edit Contents template, type "test", then do a return, type "test2" and this is what you will get when you save.

    <telerik:RadWindow ID="RadWindow1" runat="server">
        <ContentTemplate>
            test
        </ContentTemplate>
    </telerik:RadWindow>

We are using latest release of Visual Studio 2010 SP1

(For obvious reasons, it's hard to know if this is infact a bug in Visual Studio or the Telerik designer)
improwise
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 answered on 20 Mar 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?