Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
77 views

Hi Team,

I am using RadGrid export functionality. Our client requirements is that when exporting the data, in case of Multiple Page - Column Header should appear on each & Every Page. In "Export To PDF" - this functionality is working fine as expected. But in "Export To word" , I have to implement this.

Can you please help me to achieve the desired functionality?

anu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 May 2015
1 answer
146 views

Hi, I'm connecting to an Oracle database, where I have the Documents table and the Sections table.. I'd like to use the file explorer to show on the left the Section names as folder with the treeview and on the right the Documents related to that section

Is that possibile?

 

Thanks

 

Vessy
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2015
4 answers
387 views

Hi, I'm developing an application and I can't lost the focus on a radcombobox after select an item in the Radcombobox to focus in other control (this example a textbox) by client javascript/jquery code. But in the image attached it seems the focus on both controls. I only want the focus on the textbox.

My code:

<rad:RadComboBox ID="cmbRegDep" Skin="MetroTouch" EnableEmbeddedSkins="true"   ShowDropDownOnTextboxClick="true" MarkFirstMatch="true"
runat="server" Height="400px" Width="100%" DataValueField="depNo" DataTextField="depNo" EmptyMessage="Velg"  OnClientSelectedIndexChanged="onSelectedIndexChanging_cmbDep" 
HighlightTemplatedItems="true" DropDownWidth="300px" OffsetX="0" Filter="Contains"  >
<HeaderTemplate>
<ul>
<li class="col1H">Nr.</li>
<li class="col2H">Beskrivelse</li>
</ul>
</HeaderTemplate>
<ItemTemplate>
<ul>
<li class="col1"><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "depNo") %></li>
<li class="col2"><%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "depName") %></li>
</ul>
</ItemTemplate>
</rad:RadComboBox>

    <asp:TextBox ID="txtDep" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>

<script type="text/javascript">

    function onSelectedIndexChanging_cmbDep(sender, eventArgs) {
        document.getElementById('<%= txtDep.ClientID%>').focus();

    }
</script>

Leonid Caceres
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 May 2015
3 answers
125 views

I have the trial version of Telerik and using them in a web page that will be called from a hook within an existing web application that currently uses an older version of the Telerik controls over which I have no control.

I can develop my page in my Visual Studio 2010 environment using my Telerik trial version but obviously when i deploy it I no longer have the up-to-date dlls i have referenced in my project. What i would like to do is to take my dlls and copy them to the web application sub-folder along with my page and have my page use them instead of the ones in the applications bin folder at run time. Coming from a Windows development background I'm a complete novice in web development and am having difficulty achieving this so wondered if anyone would take pity on me and give a little guidance please ?

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2015
4 answers
670 views

Hi All,

I am using VS 2012 with the 2014 UI controls. We have a master page and this is in a content page. I have omitted sections with ---- to give main structure.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" AllowFilteringByColumn="True" AllowPaging="True"
    AllowSorting="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" CellSpacing="-1" ShowFooter="True"
    OnItemCommand="RadGrid1_ItemCommand"
    OnNeedDataSource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource"
    OnDetailTableDataBind="RadGrid1_DetailTableDataBind">
    <ExportSettings FileName="Safekeeping.xls" IgnorePaging="True" ExportOnlyData="true">
        <Excel Format="ExcelML" />
    </ExportSettings>
    <MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="Top" Name="ShippingMaster" DataKeyNames="ScheduleId">
        <CommandItemSettings ShowAddNewRecordButton="False" ShowExportToExcelButton="True" />
        <DetailTables>
            <telerik:GridTableView runat="server" ShowFooter="False" AutoGenerateColumns="false" DataKeyNames="SheduleId" Name="ShippingDetail">
                <ParentTableRelation>
                    <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="ScheduleId" MasterKeyField="ScheduleId" />
                </ParentTableRelation>
                <Columns>
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ScheduleId" UniqueName="ScheduleId" Display="false" AllowFiltering="false">
                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="AccountNumber" HeaderText="Account Number" UniqueName="AccountNumber" AllowFiltering="false">
                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
----
                </Columns>
            </telerik:GridTableView>
        </DetailTables>
        <Columns>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="CenterId" DataType="System.Int64" UniqueName="CenterId" Display="false" AllowFiltering="false">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ScheduleId" DataType="System.Int64" UniqueName="ScheduleId" Display="false" AllowFiltering="false">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
----
        </Columns>
    </MasterTableView>
    <PagerStyle AlwaysVisible="True" />
</telerik:RadGrid>
 
The code is as follows. The Lists are just POCOs.

protected void RadGrid1_NeedDataSource(object sender, GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)
{
    RadGrid1.DataSource = GetShipmentDetailBySearch();
}
 
private List<Shipment> GetShipmentDetailBySearch()
{
    if (ValidSearchCriteria())
    {
        lstShipment = shipUi.GetShipmentDetailBySearch(Int32.Parse(DropDrillYear.SelectedValue), TxtAccountNo.Text);
    }
    return lstShipment;
}
 
protected void RadGrid1_DetailTableDataBind(object sender, GridDetailTableDataBindEventArgs e)
{
    GridDataItem gdi = e.DetailTableView.ParentItem;
    if (e.DetailTableView.Name == "ShippingDetail")
    {
        ShipmentUiController shipUi = new ShipmentUiController();
        int drillYear = Int32.Parse(DropDrillYear.SelectedValue);
        int scheduleId = Int32.Parse(gdi.GetDataKeyValue("ScheduleId").ToString());
                 
        List<ShippingDetail> sd = new List<ShippingDetail>();
        sd = shipUi.GetShipmentBoxDetailByScheduleId(drillYear, scheduleId);
        e.DetailTableView.DataSource = sd;
    }
}
 
protected void RadGrid1_ItemCommand(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.CommandName == RadGrid.ExportToExcelCommandName)
    {
        RadGrid1.MasterTableView.HierarchyDefaultExpanded = true;
        RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DetailTables[0].HierarchyDefaultExpanded = true;               
        RadGrid1.MasterTableView.GetColumn("ShipmentDate").Visible = false;
....
        RadGrid1.MasterTableView.DetailTables[0].GetColumn("ContentsFound").Visible = false;
 
        RadGrid1.ExportSettings.IgnorePaging = true;
        RadGrid1.ExportSettings.Excel.Format = GridExcelExportFormat.ExcelML;
        RadGrid1.Rebind();
        RadGrid1.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow = true;
        RadGrid1.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel();
    }
}

And the results of the export are like this. The 20335 below is the schedule id that belongs with the detail table. So it is firing.

Center         Cost Center  Company No  Associate         Associate
Cedar Ridge     424         99          Alex Lifeson      John Wetton
                 
           20335           

But it should be

Center          Cost Center     Company No  Associate         Associate
Cedar Ridge     424             99          Alex Lifeson      John Wetton
      Customer Name        Received
      Robert Fripp         true
      Tom Waits            false

I have tried numerous solutions from different threads here, but nothing seems to work correctly. I am really at my wits end on this one. This eventually needs to be ajaxified, but I am just trying to get the base working first. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Kostadin
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2015
1 answer
319 views

I have a batch edit grid, using 'cell' edit mode.  I have subscribed to the 'batchEditCellValueChanged' client side event.  I'm having extreme difficulty in finding out how to get the cell values from other cells in the same row.  The example is I have an 'amount' column where I want to add/subtract the entered amount into a selective total field outside the grid based on the ddl value from another cell in that same row.

 

One major issue I came across is that adding new rows to the grid causes the index number obtained from 'args.get_row().rowIndex' does not then match up with the order of rows listed from the 'grid.get_masterTableView().get_dataItems()' method call... this issue having already been pointed out in another post, the result of which was the information passed on to Telerik dev team.

 

Based on this information, how do I get other cell values from the same row during the 'batchEditCellValueChanged' event?

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2015
1 answer
116 views
I installed the Telerik Data Access msi (version=2014 Q1 SP1). I have VS2010 and VS2013 already installed in the system. After installation and re-starting system a couple of times, VS2010 displays the Telerik items when I go to New Projects -> Visual C# -> Telerik...(4 menu items) as suggested in the install manual. But VS2013 is not showing any integration of Telerik and no menu items show up. I confirmed that the install of Telerik recognized VS2010 and VS2013 and after the install, the actual folder of Telerik (C:\Program Files(x86)\Telerik\Data Access\) contains both dsl2010 and dsl2013 with all the associated dll's. But for some reason, VS2013 does not show any Telerik menu items in New projects, Tools, etc. of VS2013.
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2015
1 answer
159 views

Hi,

After the Upgrade of Internet explorer 9 to 11 edge, the toolbox is not visible in my application & enter button is not working. I checked for the solution in telerik blog & added .Browser file inside APP_Browser in Application. After that tool box are working fine, but yet the enter button is not working. But  these are working well in other browsers like chrome.Please help .. Thanks in advance.

my RadEditor code:

<telerik:RadEditor ID="Rad_Editor" runat="server" ToolsFile="~/Include/BasicTools.XML"
   Height="220px" Width="1050px" EditModes="Design" ContentFilters="MakeUrlsAbsolute,FixEnclosingP"
  StripFormattingOptions="None" ImageManager-ViewPaths="~/common/images/" ContentAreaMode="Div">
                    <Content>
                    </Content>
                </telerik:RadEditor>

 regards 

Siva

Siva
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 May 2015
1 answer
304 views
aspx file 
<telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="RadGrid1" AutoGenerateColumns="False" AllowPaging="True"
                            CellSpacing="-1" GridLines="Both" GroupPanelPosition="Top" OnItemDataBound="RadGrid1_ItemDataBound" OnItemCommand="RadGrid1_ItemCommand" OnInsertCommand="RadGrid1_InsertCommand">
                            <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="COA_ACCOUNT_ID" CommandItemDisplay="Top" InsertItemPageIndexAction="ShowItemOnCurrentPage" EditMode="EditForms">
                                <RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False">
                                </RowIndicatorColumn>
                                <ExpandCollapseColumn Created="True">
                                </ExpandCollapseColumn>
                                <Columns>
                                    <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="ImageButton"/>
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ACCOUNT_CODE" HeaderText="ACCOUNT CODE" />
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ACCOUNT_DESCRIPTION" HeaderText="DESCRIPTION" />
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ACCOUNT_TYPE" HeaderText="TYPE" />
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ACCOUNT PAYABLE" HeaderText="PAYABLE" />
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="STATUS" HeaderText="STATUS" />
                                    <telerik:GridButtonColumn ConfirmText="Delete this product?" ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow"
                                        ConfirmTitle="Delete" ButtonType="ImageButton" CommandName="Delete" />
                                </Columns>
                                <EditFormSettings EditFormType="Template">
                                    <EditColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" />
                                    <FormTemplate>
                                        <table id="Table3" width="450px" border="0" class="module">
                                            <tr>
                                                <td>Account Code:
                                                </td>
                                                <td>
                                                    <%--<telerik:RadTextBox ID="RadtxtAccountCode" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("ACCOUNT_CODE") %>'>
                                                    </telerik:RadTextBox>--%>
                                                    <asp:TextBox ID="RadtxtAccountCode" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("ACCOUNT_CODE") %>'>
                                                    </asp:TextBox>
                                                </td>
                                            </tr>
                                            <tr>
                                                <td>Account Description:
                                                </td>
                                                <td>
                                                    <telerik:RadTextBox ID="RadtxtAccountDescription" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("ACCOUNT_DESCRIPTION") %>'>
                                                    </telerik:RadTextBox>
                                                </td>
                                            </tr>
                                            <tr>
                                                <td>Account Type:
                                                </td>
                                                <td>
                                                    <telerik:RadDropDownList ID="RadddlAccountType" runat="server">
                                                    </telerik:RadDropDownList>
                                                </td>
                                            </tr>
                                            <tr>
                                                <td>Account Payable:
                                                </td>
                                                <td>
                                                    <telerik:RadDropDownList ID="RadddlAccountPayable" runat="server">
                                                        <Items>
                                                            <telerik:DropDownListItem Text ="Debit" Value ="0" />
                                                            <telerik:DropDownListItem Text ="Credit" Value ="1" />
                                                            <telerik:DropDownListItem Text ="Dr./Cr." Value = "2" Selected ="true"/>
                                                        </Items>
                                                    </telerik:RadDropDownList>
                                                </td>
                                            </tr>
                                            <tr>
                                                <td align="left" colspan="2">
                                                    <telerik:RadButton ID="btnUpdate" Text='<%# (Container is GridEditFormInsertItem) ? "Insert" : "Update" %>'
                                                        runat="server" CommandName='<%# (Container is GridEditFormInsertItem) ? "PerformInsert" : "Update" %>'></telerik:RadButton> 
                                                    <telerik:RadButton ID="btnCancel" Text="Cancel" runat="server" CausesValidation="False" CommandName="Cancel"></telerik:RadButton>
                                                </td>
                                            </tr>
                                        </table>
                                    </FormTemplate>
                                </EditFormSettings>
                            </MasterTableView>
                            <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" />
                            <ClientSettings>
                                <ClientEvents OnRowDblClick="rowDblClick" />
                            </ClientSettings>
                        </telerik:RadGrid>

 

cs File

protected void RadGrid1_ItemCommand(object sender, GridCommandEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.CommandName == RadGrid.PerformInsertCommandName && e.Item is GridEditFormInsertItem)
            {
                //GridEditableItem editedItem = e.Item as GridEditableItem;
                GridEditFormItem item = (GridEditFormItem)e.Item;
                TextBox tfff = (TextBox)item.FindControl("RadtxtAccountCode");
                RadDropDownList radddlAccountType = item.FindControl("RadddlAccountType") as RadDropDownList;
                RadTextBox RadtxtAccountDescription = item.FindControl("RadtxtAccountDescription") as RadTextBox;
                //GridEditFormItem item = (GridEditFormItem)e.Item.OwnerTableView.GetInsertItem();
                //GridDataInsertItem item = (GridDataInsertItem)RadGrid1.MasterTableView.GetInsertItem();
                //var item = e.Item as GridEditFormItem ?? ((GridDataItem)(e.Item)).EditFormItem;
                if (item == null)
                    throw new Exception("griddataitem is null");
                var RadtxtAccountCode1 = item.FindControl("RadtxtAccountCode") as TextBox;
 
                RadTextBox RadtxtAccountCode = (RadTextBox)item.FindControl("RadtxtAccountCode");
                //RadTextBox RadtxtAccountDescription = item.FindControl("RadtxtAccountDescription") as RadTextBox;
                RadDropDownList RadddlAccountType = item.FindControl("RadddlAccountType") as RadDropDownList;
                RadDropDownList RadddlAccountPayable = item.FindControl("RadddlAccountPayable") as RadDropDownList;
                objAccountInsert.iCatalog_id = 1;
                objAccountInsert.iAccount_type_id = 1;
                objAccountInsert.iCode = Convert.ToInt16(RadtxtAccountCode1.Text);
                objAccountInsert.strDesignation_native = RadtxtAccountDescription.Text;
                objAccountInsert.strDesignation_other = RadtxtAccountDescription.Text;
                objAccountInsert.iAccount_type_id =Convert.ToInt16(RadddlAccountType.SelectedValue);
                objAccountInsert.iPayable = Convert.ToInt16(RadddlAccountPayable.SelectedValue);
                objAccountInsert.bActive = true;
                objAccountInsert.iCreated_user_id = 1;
                objAccountInsert.iUpdated_user_id = 1;
 
                int i = new Account_BL().LegalAccountInsert(objAccountInsert);
            }

when I try to get value from From Template control (RadtxtAccountCode, RadtxtAccountDescription) its show null value. please help me. I want to get value from those control entered by the user.
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 May 2015
2 answers
153 views

I'm trying to modify the CSS for the MetroTouch menu and can't figure out where that vertical/separator bar is set, seen in light blue in my attached screenshot.  I want to set it to the same color as the rest of the menu.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

I've tried setting values for rmSeparator and that doesn't work.

Below are my test CSS changes so far to do what I need:

<style type="text/css">
    .RadMenu_MetroTouch .rmRootGroup {
        padding: 1px !important;
        background: #18323f;
    }
 
    .RadMenu_MetroTouch .rmRootLink {
        padding: 0 15px;
        border: 1px solid #18323f;
        color: #ffffff;
        text-decoration: none;
    }
 
</style>

Adrian Barnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 May 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?