This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ASP.NET Ajax client-side framework failed to load

6 Answers 229 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andreas asked on 30 Jun 2009, 11:00 AM
Hi there,

i hope someone can help me with my problem. I downloaded the trial of the rad-ajax-components, since we need a menu that is far better than what microsoft provides. The menu-component exactly meets our needs. Unfortunately i get a javascript error saying "ASP.NET Ajax client-side framework failed to load", when i try to run the menu in Internet Explorer 6. It works fine without any problem on IE7 and Firefox. The page is rendered completely on IE6 too, but the only visible thing is the menu, that also works as expected. The rest of the page is not visible.

I looked at the sourcecode of the page and found this section:

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
if (typeof(Sys) === 'undefined') throw new Error('ASP.NET Ajax client-side framework failed to load.');
//]]>
</script>

the errorstring is what i get when i look at the javascript-error of IE6 (i click at the small exclamationmark in the statusbar). Does anyone know what goes wrong with IE6 at this point? I am a little confused since the menu works really fine. It does what it is expected to do. Just the rest of the page is not shown.

Kind regards
Andi

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jun 2009, 11:31 AM
Hi Andreas,

Are you using RadScriptManager? If yest you can try setting the OutputCompression property to "Disabled" property to false. There is a known issue with compressed scripts and IE6.

Regards,
Albert
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jun 2009, 11:38 AM
Hi Albert,

i am using the scriptmanager from asp. is it neccesary to use the RadScriptmanager?

Kind regards
Andi
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jun 2009, 01:26 PM
Hello Andreas,

No, this is not necessary. I was just trying to eliminate a known issue.
This error means that the JavaScript file of ASP.NET Ajax fails to load for some reason. This is usually due to web resource related issues. I suggest you check this help topic which shows how to deal with the most common web resource issues. If this does hot help I suggest you check this blog post for instructions how to troubleshoot such issues.

Greetings,
Albert
the Telerik team

Andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2009, 07:07 AM
Hello Albert,

now i looked over the resources you gave to me. Thanks for the links. Now i know better what is going on with AJAX. Unfortunately it didn't resolve my problem. It works still fine in IE7+ and Firefox, but refuses to work in IE6. What is the difference between IE6 and the other browsers? The code in both browsers is exactly the same.

Since it works in Firefox and IE7 i assume that AJAX is set up correctly at the server. But IE6 seems not to know what it should do with it. Do you have another idea, what could go wrong?

Kind regards
Andi
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jul 2009, 07:09 AM
Hi Andreas,

Unfortunately I've run out of ideas. Perhaps if you provide a life url which shows the problem we can find out what the problem is. Alternatively you could open a support ticket and send us a working subset of your web site.

Regards,
Albert
the Telerik team

Andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2009, 07:35 AM
Hi Albert,

thanks for the fast reply. i opened a support-ticket.

kind regards

Andi
Tags
Menu
Asked by
Andreas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
Andreas