This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

are telerik controls suitable for 256kbps internet speed?

1 Answer 36 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
mohammed
Top achievements
Rank 1
mohammed asked on 10 May 2010, 08:29 PM

We are dealing with major performance issues on our website and I started to diagnise the issue.

For testing, I took simple web page with telerik grid that has one column and one row. After saving this page physically on my hard disk I noticed that there are 32 .axd files saved which are about 1.02mb in size. 17 of them are ScriptResource.axd and 15 of them are WebResource.axd.

We are trying to fine tune our application for 256kbps download speed, which means it will take about 4-5 seconds to launch telerik web page grid with one column and one row (4-5 sec download time to downloan 1mb over 256kbps speed). That’s what we are seeing in all pages, launch times are between 5-9 seconds. Can I do some tweak to telerik code to bring down launch time to 1 second by reducing total .axd file size to 256kb? OR is it that telerik controls are not suitable for 256kbps internet speed??

Question

1) Can I move any of these .axd files to client PC on first instance?

2) Can I reduce .axd file size?

3) Can I reduce number of .axd files downloaded to client PC?

PLEASE HELP.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Fiko
Telerik team
answered on 13 May 2010, 10:14 AM
Hello Mohammed,

We have already answered your support ticket with the same question. In addition, however, I recommend you to consider using Telerik CDN service. I recommend you this because the one of the main features of this service is aggressive caching behavior:
"Caching is what a CDN is all about. Say you have a number of applications that all utilize RadGrid. A customer will load the RadGrid scripts just once and then use the cached version until he clears his browser’s cache. Proxies will also aggressively cache these resources."

This is why I believe that this is suitable solution for your scenario. 

Kind regards,
Fiko
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
mohammed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Fiko
Telerik team
Share this question
or