This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

AppointmentClick Randomly Causes ViewState Loss

2 Answers 37 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
broctune
Top achievements
Rank 1
broctune asked on 16 Oct 2008, 09:52 AM
I have a RadScheduler in a simple DNN module.  The module is set to use Partial Page Rendering.  The schedule is in Month view by default and only has two appointments to display.  Clicking the appointment fires the AppointmentClick event which redirects the user to a different page.

The problem is that the AppointmentClick event will randomly NOT be fired and the appointments will disappear from the schedule.  I can test it 5 or 6 times and it will work correctly.  Occasionally, however, the click event will not be fired and the appointments will disappear from the calendar.  It appears as though the ViewState is lost.

At that point, I can set a breakpoint in Visual Studio at the Page_Load event to confirm that it always gets called.  Because the DataSource for the scheduler is only set and bound when IsPostBack=false I never see the data again.  I can change the schedular view to Day, Week or Month and the view will change but the data will never be displayed again because there is no post back.

What would cause the ViewState to randomly be lost?

I have spent a great deal of time troubleshooting this issue to no avail.  Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Dave

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 16 Oct 2008, 01:02 PM
Hi Dave,

We are not aware of such a problem. I suggest you wait for the Q3 beta release tomorrow and check if the problem persists with this version. If yes, please let us know and provide more details and step by step instructions how to replicate the problem locally.

Please, accept our apologies for the caused inconvenience.


Kind regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
0
broctune
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Oct 2008, 11:18 PM
I have finally discovered the cause of this problem and it has nothing to do with the Telerik components.  

It seems a module that was placed on every page of the site had output caching set to 60 seconds.  Any requests that took place after that 60 second interval would lose viewstate.

Thanks,
Dave
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
broctune
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
broctune
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or