This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Applying theme for web application

1 Answer 124 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
sabarishbabu
Top achievements
Rank 1
sabarishbabu asked on 18 Jul 2012, 07:17 AM
Hi 

I have already developed a windows application. Now i am going to convert the windows application to web application.. I want to use the same theme used in windows application in my web application also. Is there any easy way to convert the themes from windows to web.

Will Telerik provides various themes for whole application? I need apple theme to be applied in my application.. Please provide me the apple theme css Files...

Thanks 

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
O.D.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jul 2012, 01:22 PM
Hello sabarishbabu,

To convert from Windows Forms themes, to web, there are some concepts to discern at first :

Themes in Telerik for Windows Forms are Skins in Telerik for asp.net Ajax.

So, indeed, Telerik for asp.net ajax has its own set of skins, which are similar or their equivalent to those of WindowsForms.

For Example : the Office2010Blue and Office2010Silver skins, are available in both Windows Forms and Web.

As for the concept of themes, Asp.net proposes folders, to organize all appearance configuration as App_Themes, in which you would define your own set of Css, javascript and images, and also, include asp.net Skins configuration.

As for The skins available, It is better to submit a support ticket, to ask which skins may be available from previous versions, if you do not see them in the demos section, for the current and supported versions.

For reference :
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet/general-discussions/my-biggest-telerik-annoyance-skins.aspx 
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction-how-skins-work.html 

hope this helps,
Kind Regards,

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
sabarishbabu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
O.D.
Top achievements