This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Any way to change Theme visually in VS2017?

3 Answers 70 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ben Hayat
Top achievements
Rank 2
Ben Hayat asked on 17 Jun 2018, 05:31 AM

Hi Team;

I have installed Kendo UI fpr ASP Core into my project. Is there anyway that I can change theme "Visually" like a drop down list of themes Kendo UI offers that would automatically changes inside _Layout or anywhere else related?
Or at least a doc guideline of exact changes to be made manually to ensure we can change to the list of Default themes or Bootstrap themes based on the attached pic?

Thanks

..Ben

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jun 2018, 02:37 PM
Hi Ben,

As per the visual tool to change Kendo themes in VisualStudio, i am afraid that we do not offer such. Nevertheless, the idea seams interesting and other customers may also find it useful. Therefore, I would like to ask you to share if you are aware of any plug-point in Visual Studio, that would allow us to provide such feature. Also, do you know some products that offer such support in .Net Core projects?

As per the manual change of the theme references, I would suggest you to review the following articles:

- Kendo UI LESS based themes. Depending on your needs, each theme provides a number of CSS files and resource folders. You will always need to reference the *-common.min.css and the [theme].min.css files;

- Kendo UI SASS based themes. In this case all the styles and resources are embedded in a single CSS file.

I hope that the above helps you. Should you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Veselin Tsvetanov
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Ben Hayat
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 20 Jun 2018, 02:45 PM

Hi Veselin;

I don't know of any product as far as plug-point goes for .Net core, but when I used to use Telerik ASP Ajax (Webform) we had such capability of either changing theme with one line of code or visually in VS we would get drop down list to select which it would change that line of code and next you run the app the theme was different. Or developer could offer that feature to his users to select their own theme and save it to cookie and use it next time.

So basically, we need an easier way to change theme even at runtime so we can offer that to our users with a a drop down choices.

Thanks and hope this helps!

Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jun 2018, 12:47 PM
Hi Ben,

The Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX suite takes advantage of the Smart tags available in the .NET WebForms and also the RadSkinManager.

The .Net Core platform does not offer the means that would allow us develop similar tool. Nevertheless, you could create your own custom HTML helper, having the theme values loaded as its items. This way the user will be allowed to chose the preferred theme. In such case the developer would need to implement the custom logic that would change the referred theme CSS files on the page.

Regards,
Veselin Tsvetanov
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Ben Hayat
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
Ben Hayat
Top achievements
Rank 2