This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Annotations ZIndex and VisualStudio2013 theme

3 Answers 38 Views
TimeLine
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Massimo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Massimo asked on 25 Oct 2014, 09:54 AM
Hi, I'm having troubles with Annotations zindex and VisualStudio2013 theme.
With Zindex=50 the alternate row appear in front of annotation as shown in the image attached.

The sample show the second last sample in your documentation: http://www.telerik.com/help/wpf/radtimeline-features-annotations.html

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 28 Oct 2014, 04:15 PM
Hi Massimo,

Yes, this is the expected behavior of the control. Basically, the control has three layers - items, time periods (time labels and alternating columns) and annotations. Using the ZIndex you can influence the z-order rendering behavior of these three layers. Could you please describe the result you are trying to implement and I will check which is the best approach to implement it?

Regards,
Tsvetie
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Massimo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Nov 2014, 06:18 PM
Sorry for my late reply. 
In my pic there are 3 annotation, the first two (with zindex 150 and 100) are displayed correctly. 
The third, with zindex 50, looks like a zebra because the the alternate columns style goes above the annotations
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 12 Nov 2014, 09:56 AM
Hi Massimo,

Could you please confirm that the image that you attached to your original post shows only 3 annotations and that the annotation starting on the 25th actually has a duration of 5 days? This would be strange and unexpected as the alternating colors are partially transparent as you can see in the images in the help topic you mentioned.

The default ZIndex of a timeline annotation instance is 300. That is, by default, a timeline annotation appears on top of the timeline items (default ZIndex=200) and the period items (default ZIndex=100). In case you want the third annotation to show as the first two in your image, you should use a ZIndex in the range [101; 199].

Regards,
Tsvetie
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
TimeLine
Asked by
Massimo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tsvetie
Telerik team
Massimo
Top achievements
Rank 1