This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ajaxRequest not firing server side after upgrade to 2011 controls

6 Answers 70 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Travis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Travis asked on 15 Jun 2011, 06:12 AM
Everything was working fine beforehand, we have upgraded our controls and they have stopped working. 

Once a window is closed, ajaxRequest is called client side.  I am certain of this I used firebug to step into the code.  However, it never connects with the server.  Does anyone know of any breaking changes that would cause this?  We upgraded our controls for one of our products (sorry thread says 2011 it's actually to 2010.3).

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Travis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jun 2011, 04:45 PM
Anyone?

Exact product version 2010.1 --> 2010.3 telerik.web.ui.dll.
Travis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jun 2011, 05:25 PM
Could setting the window to null have anything to do with my problems?  I don't know who put this line in our code base, but when I comment it out it seems to make difference.  Example:

function EditPhoneNumber(phoneNumberId)
            {
                action = 'phone';
                var window = $find("<%=EditWindow.ClientID%>");                
                window.setUrl("../Popup/PhoneNumberEdit.aspx?mode=edit&id=" + phoneNumberId);
                window.show();
                window.center();
                window = null;
            }

**Thought window = null had something to do with it but it appears that I may have been wrong.

Travis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jun 2011, 06:07 PM
Javascript that is fired (tested through firebug), server side event never gets called.

if (action == "phone")
                {
                    if (args == true)
                    {
                        $find("<%=PhoneNumberPanel.ClientID %>").ajaxRequest("refresh|");
                    }
                }

The beginning element for phonenumberpanel:

<telerik:radajaxpanel runat="server" id="PhoneNumberPanel" width="850px" cssclass="center" enableajax="true" onajaxrequest="PhoneNumberPanel_AjaxRequest" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" >           

Travis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jun 2011, 11:47 PM
As an update, I used httpfox for firefox and found that my ajaxRequest never creates an HTTP post. 

Anyone?
Tsvetina
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jun 2011, 09:27 AM
Hi Newton,

Can you confirm if you are using the Ajax Control Toolkit on the page? If so, try the following:

1) If it is not the latest version or if your RadControls version is not the latest official, update to the latest ones. They work together seamlessly.

2) If both RadControls and the toolkit use latest versions, make sure that you specify the ClientIDMode for the page to be AutoID. This can be either done in the Page directive or in the web.config. More information about it is available here.

All the best,
Tsvetina
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Travis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Travis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Newton
Top achievements