After update to 2019.1.115.45 getting errors...

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Rob Ainscough
    Rob Ainscough avatar
    262 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2010

    Posted 17 Jan Link to this post

    I've opened a support ticket but thought I'd post here just in case someone else has come across this problem and has a solution.

    Nothing has changed in my code base that was working well yesterday in the older version of RCAJAX ... but as soon as I allowed the Telerik auto update process to go ahead and update my project to 2019.1.115.45 I got an error during the update but the log listed everything as "successful"?  The error was:

    "Request registry access is not allowed"

    So I proceed to rebuild my project with the new 2019.1.115.45 and I got this dialog error:

    "Line:8
    Error: '$telerik' is undefined"

    So I clicked Yes to debug and got a bunch of what looks like JSON code (not mine) and line listing, see attached pictures.

    Any suggestions?  This is why I fear using Telerik's automated update process, it has about a 75% failure rate ... for some strange reason I decided to see if anything has changed at Telerik, but I see their update process still seems to be plagued with issues.

    Any hints?  Go back to my prior version that was working well?

    Rob.

  2. Marin Bratanov
    Admin
    Marin Bratanov avatar
    4848 posts

    Posted 18 Jan Link to this post

    Hello Rob,

    I have answered your support ticket with the same question and I am pasting the information in case someone else is having similar questions. Let's continue the discussion in the ticket until we reach a resolution so we can post it here after that for the community.

    It seems that some automation did not go through, probably because of some specific permissions on the concrete machine. I suggest you perform a manual upgrade which takes only a few minutes and ensures the correct assembly references in the upgraded project: Manual Upgrade Process.

    The fact that window.$telerik is undefined means that the core Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX scripts are not loaded (yet) on this page. This can be due to many reasons like broken network requests, or by our jQuery being registered on a page without our core scripts. For the former see here, for the latter, see here, or modify the script to have the necessary checks, or make sure to use our jQuery only with our controls.

    On the screenshots - we add the .noConflict(true) call to move the jQuery object that we carried to the $telerik.$ reference so we don't pollute or overwrite a jQuery instance in the global scope. You can read more about it in the following article from jQuery: https://api.jquery.com/jquery.noconflict/. The last line is a fix for an issue they silently removed, you can read more about it here: https://www.telerik.com/forums/known-issues-and-important-changes#Xrl0FgPrQkent9x6ZSCLHA.

    If the information above and in the linked articles does not help you resolve the issue, can you send me a small runnable version of the project (delete unecessary files, just leave the csproj file, the web.config, a simple form that showcases the problem, and the Telerik.Web.UI.dll assembly in the ~/bin). Once I can reproduce the problem I will be able to offer a more concrete answer.


    Regards,
    Marin Bratanov
    Progress Telerik
    Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
  3. Rob Ainscough
    Rob Ainscough avatar
    262 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2010

    Posted 18 Jan in reply to Marin Bratanov Link to this post

    The above steps did NOT resolve the problem.  Still get the same error when I execute my code.  Since this is clearly an issue with the updated (2019.1.115.45), I'm not sure why I'm having to try to fix this my end (but I did follow those steps)?  The error is clearly coming from Telerik code, not my side, so ... I obviously can't release or use this updated version as my user base isn't going to know what to do with that error.

    As I noted, my application does continue to work correctly if I ignore the error and continue.

    Since the update process removed our R3 2018 folder completely, is there any way we can go back and install our prior version?

    Rob.

     

  4. Marin Bratanov
    Admin
    Marin Bratanov avatar
    4848 posts

    Posted 19 Jan Link to this post

    Hi Rob,

    Let's continue this in the ticket where we can share confidential information in a private manner.

    What I can say at the moment is that the window.$telerik object carries a lot of code specific to our controls and if it's undefined, then this is a symptom of a more serious issue that is not likely to be coming from jQuery, and it is most commonly network-related.

    On installations - an upgrade should not uninstall older versions, yet you can always install R3 2018 on your machine, to take the assemblies from it. Alternatively, you can download the hotfix archive that also contains them and does not require an installation.


    Regards,
    Marin Bratanov
    Progress Telerik
    Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Back to Top