This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

After Installation Q2 2015 Release Problems in VS 2013

10 Answers 80 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Marco Piumi
Top achievements
Rank 2
Marco Piumi asked on 25 Jun 2015, 04:13 PM

After installing the new version Q2 2015 I have some problems launching the procedure converted to Visual Studio 2013.

Using IIS Express using some controls like grid are several errors in JavaScript regarding Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd.

Launching the application with IIS these problems disappear (fortunately).

The message that comes out is always the same:  "Cannot use a leading .. to exit above the top directory."

It 'a very serious problem that prevents it from working correctly with Visual Studio 2013.

Thanks in advance.

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marco Piumi
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 25 Jun 2015, 04:26 PM

I have verified that the problem only occurs when launching pages in sub sites.

For examples : http://localhost:1032/ScuoleTabelle/Corsi.aspx.

If you launch the same page from the main site does not give error.

Clearly just using IIS Express in VS 2015, and before the upgrade worked perfectly!

Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jun 2015, 10:43 AM
Hi Marco,

The mentioned error states that one of the paths is trying to exit the web site/app root folder. This may be related to a wrongly set relative path or some IIS Express setting. You can try to set this relative path to a non-Telerik control (e.g., asp:Image) and see whether the issue s still reproducible. If so, the problem is not related to Telerik UI controls and possible causes must be searched somewhere else.

Otherwise it would be better to paste the problematic piece of code below, so that we can run it, reproduce the issue and make a further investigation on the matter.

You may also find useful this (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2262271/cannot-use-a-leading-to-exit-above-the-top-directory) and this (http://www.codeproject.com/Questions/183326/Cannot-use-a-leading-to-exit-above-the-top-directo) forum posts on the matter.

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Marco Piumi
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Jun 2015, 03:21 PM

Uninstalling the new version, and installing the old release, everything works normally.
So the problem is the new version, only for the sub sites, and in IIS Express, gives this error in javascript.
Does not come out any error in C#, there are no references with ".." in any application.
Putting the same program in the root the error does not come out, while in a sub site the program stops for errors in javascript.

If I can, I try to give an example to check the error.

Thanks.

moegal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Jul 2015, 04:54 PM

Marco,

I am experiencing the same issue with Q2 2015 only in vs2012.  How did you resolve this?

Marty

moegal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Jul 2015, 08:31 PM

Marco,

did you ever figure this out?

Marty

Marco Piumi
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 Jul 2015, 08:37 PM

Moegal,

I'm doing some tests.
After I can see which is the case when it does not work!​

Marco Piumi
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Jul 2015, 06:00 PM

I solved the problem!
The problem was caused from the property NavigateUrl control RadButton present in the Master Page.

This property has some problems if a sub site is directed to a page of the main site.​

I deleted the property NavigateUrl from control and I replaced it with an instruction from the code like this:

btnFind.NavigateUrl = ResolveUrl("~/Profile.aspx");

With instruction ResolveUrl address is routed correctly.
This is a problem of asp.net with sub sites.

moegal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jul 2015, 08:05 PM

Marco,

I am testing now but that seems to have worked for me as well. I have a support ticket in place regarding this issue an will update the ticket next.

Marty

Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jul 2015, 06:39 AM
Hi Guys,

I still do not reproduce the issue - a short video is attached for your reference. Could you please try reproducing the problem with the attached example and then tell us what changes you have made, so that I can proceed further with the investigation?

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
moegal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jul 2015, 12:12 PM

Marco,

Your solution works for me.  THANK YOU!.

But I cannot reproduce the error to give a simple example to Telerik. Do you have a simple example you can give them to illustrate the error?

Marty

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Marco Piumi
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Marco Piumi
Top achievements
Rank 2
Danail Vasilev