This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

After Install Asp.net ajax 2012 Q2 sqlserver error come

1 Answer 48 Views
Documentation and Tutorials
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dharmesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dharmesh asked on 28 Jul 2012, 12:27 PM
Hello,
i am install the Asp.net Ajax Q2 2012
when i start the demo and click on  grid its how me error related to sql server

Server Error in '/RadControls_AspNetAjax' Application.

The user instance login flag is not supported on this version of SQL Server. The connection will be closed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The user instance login flag is not supported on this version of SQL Server. The connection will be closed.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

and i have already install Sqlserver 2008,sql server 2008r2,and sqlserver 2012 
so why this error come in this demo 
thanks

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Slav
Telerik team
answered on 01 Aug 2012, 04:05 PM
Hello Dharmesh,

Note that SQL Server (full or non-Express versions) does not support the "user instance" (i.e. automatic creation of databases / attaching from user code) directive in the connection string. It's a feature of SQL Server Express edition.

In case you are using the Express edition of SQL Server you may need to configure the server to allow user instance connections as described in this msdn article.

Regards,
Slav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Documentation and Tutorials
Asked by
Dharmesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Slav
Telerik team
Share this question
or