Hello Peter Ryckaert,
Just a thought:
- Why don't you use our built-in LoadOnDemand functionality? Here is a nice article (it's first of a whole section) that will give you a better detail: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/tree_databindingloadondemand.html
If you insist following the current direction, here is what you can do to achieve this requirement:
1. You can set the ExpandMode of the nodes that have children to WebService and create a fictive WebService on the server, just to avoid the error message you said you are getting;
2. Then you can handle the ClientNodeExpanding
client-side event, in which you will:
- call the function that should call the real webService and populate the node;
- switch node's mode to ClientSide;
- expand the node so the children become visible;
- and cancel the initial and still following Expand event ("args.set_cancel(true);" should do it).
This should workaround it, but still my advice for you is to consider using our default LoadOnDemand functionality!
Hope this is helpful for you!
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans?
Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed?
Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items