This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

access denied error in IE within sharepoint 2007 App's iFrame

6 Answers 122 Views
Dock
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tanuj
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tanuj asked on 08 Jan 2008, 05:46 PM
hi,

i created a web page with the RadDock controls, it works fine in IE 7 and firefox, but i need to host this page within an iframe in a sharepoint 2007 server, and strangely i am getting a "access denied" javascript error only in IE 7 and it works fine in firefox. i am able to see the raddock on the page, but unable to move the raddocks into different zones in IE 7, works fine with firefox. actually it is the new prometheus controls RadDock

please advise.

tanuj

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petya
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jan 2008, 01:47 PM
Hello Tanuj,

We researched the problem and were able to reproduce it. We discovered that the issues originates in MS AJAX framework getLocation method and can be observed only when the main page and the iframe page come from a different domain. Please, make sure that they are in the same domain. Hope this helps.

Sincerely yours,
Petya
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
JOSE MARIA CARCAR MUERZA
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 May 2008, 10:35 AM
How is possible!

I have developed a web application using Rad Controls for ASP.NET AJAX and MUST BE executed on an iframes environment and of course in different domains, my customers are using my application on a iframe to make hotel bookings and get "Access denied error".

There is any possibilitie to scale error to MS????

Any suggestion????

:___(

Dimcho
Telerik team
answered on 19 May 2008, 01:39 PM
Hello,

The problem is a cross browser issue in the MS AJAX getLocation method. We can only advise you to override this method in your application and adjust it to your particular scenario.

Greetings,
Dimcho
the Telerik team

Ian Coetzer
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Jun 2008, 11:08 AM
Hi

I would like to also have some support on this issue.
I have a RadComboBox which I have deployed to a QA and PROD IIS server.
It works fine when accessing the web site directly within IE.

BUT we also want to make this web site available from within a Portal web application, when we do this we get a javascript scripting error:

Line: 5960
Char: 49
Error: Access is denied

This results in the RadComboBox to be inaccessible - one cannot enter a new value and also not select an option from the dropdown.

Any suggestions? should I revert back to standard dropdown controls and drop the Telerik dropdown control?

Bye
Rosi
Telerik team
answered on 01 Jul 2008, 02:19 PM
Hi ,

It seems you have come across a cross-domain frame issue in the ASP.NET AJAX Framework (as the Prometheus controls are based on it). The "Access denied" error is thrown from the Sys.UI.DomElement.getLocation method (part of the ASP.NET AJAX framework) in this scenario. You can try to implement the workaround described here in order to resolve the problem.

Regards,
Rosi
the Telerik team

Ian Coetzer
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 Jul 2008, 03:53 PM
Tags
Dock
Asked by
Tanuj