This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Column Width Issue

3 Answers 38 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mark asked on 06 Dec 2013, 04:05 PM
I have implemented a code-behind radgrid with multiple columns that utilize the Google-like filtering as in this link:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grid-google-like-filtering.html

Everything works fine, but I have additional GridBoundColumns and GridDateTimeColumns in the grid.  I cannot seem to alter their width.  Especially the GridDateTimeColumns; they appear to be compressed together.

I have tried setting FilterControlWidth and HeaderStyle.Width.

I can adjust the width of the googe-like columns by altering the width of the ComboBox.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Venelin
Telerik team
answered on 11 Dec 2013, 01:40 PM
Hello Mark,

Please try to set the TableLayout property of the MasterTable to Fixed. I have also attached a sample project where the grid behaves correctly, i.e the width of the columns are correctly set.

Regards,
Venelin
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Dec 2013, 01:43 AM
That worked!  Thanks!

I do have almost 20 columns though, and it appears that the filter icon are kicked underneath the filterbox for some odd reason.  I also cannot seem to resize the filterbox of the datetime columns, but I can resize their HeaderStyle.Width.

Thanks,
Mark
Venelin
Telerik team
answered on 16 Dec 2013, 10:49 AM
Hi Mark,

Which browser do you use? If it is IE11, you should not have any problems with the service pack of the latest release. In the meantime could you please try to add the following CSS rule to your page styles:

.RadGrid .RadPicker{
   display: inline-block !important;
}

If you provide more information (i.e. browser version, RadControls version and code) I'll be able to give you more precise answer.

Regards,
Venelin
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Venelin
Telerik team
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1