This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadEditor ContentAreaMode DIV automatically sets focus on postback IE

1 Answer 111 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jesper
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jesper asked on 29 Nov 2013, 10:02 AM

Hi,
I am using a RadEditor with ContentAreaMode set to DIV. I am using IE 11 . The page is a simple one contains

1. ScriptManager
  2. An update panel
  3. A RadEditor with ContentAreaMode inside the previously addded UpdatePanel
  4. A Button which causes a postback inside the same update panel
  5. A dropdownlist with items inside with its autopostback property set to true.

Once the page is rendered the page consists of RadEditor with button and a dropdown . There is no scroll bar on the page yet . So click on the button a postback is caused and NO FOCUS IS SET TO THE RADEDITOR .

Now, Add a few <br /> before the Button and the DropDown so that we now get a scrollbar on the page . Move to the bottom of the page and select on a button or change the dropdown index so that a postback is caused . On Postback we now see that the RadEditor automatically sets focus to its self.

This can be reproducible even in the Demo site RADEditor ContentAreaMode="DIV" To reproduce the error on the demo site please follow as described in the document RADEDITOR.docx issue.

The same when tried in Chrome works just fine and the scroll position of the browser is not changed.

Regards,
Francis P.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 03 Dec 2013, 03:11 PM
Hello Francis,

This matter is discussed within the support thread, previously opened by you. Let as continue our conversation in there, so that i could be able to track correctly the provided information.

For everyone interested on this matter, I can assure you that this behavior is logged in our database for fixing and as soon as it is thoroughly investigated and  researched it is going to get in our to-do list for its resolving.

A possible approach for resolution is setting the ContentAreaMode="iframe".

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Jesper
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ianko
Telerik team
Share this question
or