This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

The source of the report definition has not been specified

2 Answers 660 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mark asked on 15 Feb 2013, 11:29 AM
Just upgraded to the very latest version (from the previous version) and now I get the following error. There's no code changes on our site its exactly the same. We are using the ASP.Net Reportviewer in SharePoint 2013.

"The source of the report definition has not been specified"

string fullReportPath = ReportHelper.GetFullReportPath(reportInfo);
ReportSource reportSource;
if (File.Exists(fullReportPath))
{
  reportSource = new UriReportSource { Uri = fullReportPath };
}
else
{
throw new BusinessException(ReadershipWeb.ReportCouldNotBeFound);
}
this.ReportViewer1.ReportSource = reportSource;

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 18 Feb 2013, 04:18 PM
Hello Mark,

The message you have received usually appears whenever there is no reportsource (respectively report) assigned to the report viewer. We see in your code that you do assign a report source, so we cannot explain why you receive this warning. As we are not able to reproduce this in our local tests, we would appreciate if you can provide us with a sample runnable project that exhibits the issue, so we can advise you accordingly.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

HAPPY WITH REPORTING? Do you feel that it is fantastic? Or easy to use? Or better than Crystal Reports? Tell the world, and help fellow developers! Write a short review about Telerik Reporting and Telerik Report Designer in Visual Studio Gallery today!

Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Mar 2013, 12:47 AM
A note to anyone who may be experiencing this problem (either when accessed via another project or by simply attempting to use the Preview functionality (like I was)..

Make sure you are NOT attempting to compile to x64. I was about ripping your hair out in chunks before I switched it over to 'Any CPU' and everything immediately resolved..
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1