This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Unable to perform print operation

3 Answers 172 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Radhika
Top achievements
Rank 1
Radhika asked on 08 Jan 2013, 01:20 PM
hi Telerik Team,

I m using telerik report version 5.0.11.510

Browser: Chrome
When i click on print button it gives me error
Unable to perform print operation
i also try to enable adobe plugin
but it did not work
It prints well in firefox but my clients are using chrome so i want its solution in chrome
but i want that it should print directly by pressing on print button

please give me reply its very urgent

thanks in advance

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jan 2013, 02:18 PM
Hi Radhika,

The True Print functionality of the web viewer requires either Adobe PDF or Chrome PDF plug-in. If Adobe or Chrome PDF plug-ins are not detected (e.g. both are disabled), clicking the print button would export the report to PDF and depending on the browser would either open it directly or ask you to save the PDF file.

The “Unable to perform print operation” error was observed only on versions prior Q3 2011 SP1 (version 5.3.12.119). Upgrading to a newer version should resolve this problem.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

HAPPY WITH REPORTING? Do you feel that it is fantastic? Or easy to use? Or better than Crystal Reports? Tell the world, and help fellow developers! Write a short review about Telerik Reporting and Telerik Report Designer in Visual Studio Gallery today!

Swetha
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2013, 05:51 PM
Hi Steve,

I am using client script to call print. It is working correctly in IE and firefox but not working in chrome.
In firefox, i am getting a bar at the top asking if it should the open the pdf and also print dialogue. I dont want that pdf viewer bar to come.
Please see the attached screen for the firefox print .

Please let me know how to fix that.
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jul 2013, 04:36 PM
Hello Swetha,

Please check the answer on your post in the other forum thread on the same question: Printing Directly from Web Server .

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q2 2013? You can get them from your account.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Radhika
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Swetha
Top achievements
Rank 1