This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Combobox with checkboxes

1 Answer 41 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Per
Top achievements
Rank 1
Per asked on 27 Nov 2012, 08:01 AM
I have the following problem and need help with a solution. The behaviour is sampled by the online demo for the radcombobox so I will not supply a sample here.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Navigate to ComboBox/Features demo (http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/combobox/examples/functionality/checkboxes/defaultcs.aspx)
2. Open the dropdown and click the "Check All" option so that all items are checked.

3. Click the "Get Checked Items"

This is the initial state of my ComboBox in my solution. Now I want to just remove all checks and select one of them.

4. I open the Combobox and click on the "Check All" option to remove all selections.

Well, nothing happens.You will have to click twice on "Check All" to remove them all. My users are frustrated!

I understand that this must be by design, but for me the most logical thing would be if "Check All" works as a toggle button. If all checked, remove, if no checked, check all.

Anyone have a solution/workaround to get my "Check All" to work as a toggle button from click one?

Regards
Per Löfstedt

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 30 Nov 2012, 08:06 AM
Hello Per,

Thank you for providing detailed information about this behavior. This is a known issue and it is already fixed for our service pack scheduled for December.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Regards,
Boyan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Per
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
Share this question
or