This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ELMAH Exception handling framework to work with Telerik Ajax

5 Answers 47 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Hari krishna
Top achievements
Rank 1
Hari krishna asked on 30 Aug 2012, 03:15 PM

Hi,

My ELMAH is not Loging an errors which are occuring due to Telerik Ajax...But it is capturing the errors in .cs files and even .aspx page errors

can you plase assist on this?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2012, 02:27 PM
Hello Hari krishna,

Could you please elaborate a bit more on your scenario? Also please replace the RadAjax controls with regular asp UpdatePanels and verify if the ELMAH logs the ajax errors correctly.

Kind regards,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Hari krishna
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Sep 2012, 03:07 PM

Hi,

Assume that I have a page xyz.aspx,To ajaxify i have a code like below

<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy runat="server" ID="RadAjaxManagerProxy1">

<AjaxSettings>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="pnlMain">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="pnlMain" LoadingPanelID="lp1" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

</AjaxSettings>

</telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy>

In the page i have a button called SUBMIT.when i click on submit button,In the button click event i wantedly throwing an exception as shown in attachment(CAP1.PNG).

my ELMAH catching the exception properly and saving errors details in DB properly and after that I'm redirectin to error page using the following code written in Global.asax

if(errorLogEntry != null)  

{

string url = string.Format("~/SystemError.aspx?Id={0}&FID={1}&EID={2}",

Id, FID, errorLogEntry.Id);

Response.Redirect(url);

}

after this it is throwing an exception as shown in CAP2.png
================================================================================================

If i do the samething with out  telerik Ajax(means normal asp controls),the error page is loading propely with our any exception/error.

Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 06 Sep 2012, 11:24 AM
Hi Hari Krishna,

I would suggest you to review the blog post below which provide a possible explanation for the issue you are facing:

http://blogs.telerik.com/hristodeshev/posts/07-06-24/firewalls-breaking-asp-net-ajax.aspx

I would also suggest you to try using RadAjaxManager.Redirect() method instead of Response.Redirect() and verify if this makes any difference.

Regards,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Hari krishna
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Sep 2012, 01:43 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion,But still there is no luck on it after followed your approach.I was getting the same error.

Some times i was getting different error like shown in CAP3.

Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 11 Sep 2012, 12:10 PM
Hello Hari Krishna,

By further revising the errors you are receiving I would suppose that the issue you are facing is mostly Ajax framework related than specifically related to our RadAjax components.
Could you please try using asp UpdatePanel control to perform ajax on the page and verify what the result in this case is?

Regards,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Hari krishna
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
Hari krishna
Top achievements
Rank 1