This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Spell Check Handler Server Error:500

6 Answers 80 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Aaron
Top achievements
Rank 1
Aaron asked on 21 Aug 2012, 02:58 PM
I'm getting this error when I click on the spell check button in the rad editor.  

Item has already been added.  Key in dictionary '6'  Key being added : '6'

I have the handler set up in the web.config, and have the tdf files in the App_Data\RadSpell folder.

I've attached a screenshot of the error I'm getting.

Thanks,
Aaron

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dobromir
Telerik team
answered on 22 Aug 2012, 04:17 PM
Hi Aaron,

We are not aware of such problem and you are the first one to report it. I tried to reproduce it locally but to no avail. Could you please provide more detailed information on the subject?
  • Which version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX and .NET Framework are used in the application?
  • Could you please provide the full error message that is displayed in the popup? To do so, click on the popup and then press Ctrl+C to copy the entire text.
  • Could you please provide a simple fully runnable project reproducing the problem so we can investigate it further?

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Dobromir
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Aaron
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Aug 2012, 05:14 PM
  • We're using 2012.2.724.40
  • It won't let me copy text out of the js alert that has the error message in it.
  • I have a project that's reproducing the issue, but how am I supposed to send that to you because I can only upload image files to this forum.

Please advise.
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 27 Aug 2012, 05:19 AM
Hello,

This error usually indicates a corrupt dictionary file. Please check your spell dictionaries (*.tdf files) and make sure that they are the same as the originals from the RadEditor installation. If you have tried to make modifications to some of the tdf dictionary files, you can tell us what you wanted to change and we will tell you how to do it.

The words in the spell dictionary are ordered by length. The error details mean that there was a word of "length 7" or more somewhere in the "length 7" words part of the dictionary.

Greetings,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Aaron
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Aug 2012, 01:19 PM
Can you give me a link for somewhere that I can get the original dictionary files?  I don't think that our copy of the file has been modified, but I'd be willing to replace that file with the original if you can direct me to it.
Accepted
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 27 Aug 2012, 02:20 PM
Hi,

The supported en-US, de-DE and fr-FR TDF dictionaries of RadSpell are available in all RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX installations. For your convenience I have attached them to my reply.

Regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Aaron
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Aug 2012, 02:47 PM
Sure enough that was the issue.  I'll admit that I didn't really think that was the issue, because I'm pretty sure we got those dictionary files from the install that we had of the controls.  Maybe I pulled those files from a different version or something.  Who knows.

Thanks,
Aaron
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Aaron
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dobromir
Telerik team
Aaron