This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadAsyncUpload

5 Answers 146 Views
AsyncUpload
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bassem
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bassem asked on 26 Jul 2012, 10:11 AM
hello Telerik supporter i have a issue i've been a week working on it but i couldn't find a proper solution for it and i hope if you can help me with a proper solution for it i am using RadAsyncUpload to upload my client files and i am using the OnClientValidationFailed to display a message for the user but my problem is the invalid uploaded file is displayed in the <li>..</li> with the message how can prevent this from happening ? in other word how can i display only the message without letting the user see the unvalid file and let him click the remove button please show me some code if available and thank you 

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Jul 2012, 10:45 AM
Hi Baseem,

Try the following CSS to not to show Upload failed files.Hope this helps.
CSS:
<style type="text/css">
.RadUpload .ruUploadFailure, .RadUpload .ruUploadCancelled
 {
  display:none !important;
 }
</style>

Thanks,
Shinu.
Bassem
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jul 2012, 01:55 PM
hey thank you for your reply um i know i can make it disappear by it's css class but in my code the MaxFileInputsCount is specified to 3 it means the user can only upload 3 files but when a file is not valid it should not decrement  to 2 it should be 3 in other word if the first uploaded file by the user is invalid the error message is displayed and the MaxFileInputsCount should still be 3 and if the second uploaded file by the user is invalid the MaxFileInputsCount should be equal to 2 and so on please if you understood my problem  help me to solve it and thank you
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jul 2012, 10:21 AM
Hi Bassem,

You can use the onClientValidationFailed event and remove the file by triggering the click event of the remove button as in the code below:

function validationFailed(sender, eventArgs) {
sender._updateCancelButton(eventArgs.get_row());
$telerik.$(".ruRemove", eventArgs.get_row()).click();
}

Hope this will be helpful.

Greetings,
Plamen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Dean
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Aug 2012, 03:11 AM
Hi Plamen,

i'm also working with AsyncUpload control and having issues regarding keyboard accessibility. when i'm tabbing through the control i am not able to move on to another control. i tried fixing the problem but i didn't have any success. I tested the control on the demo site but it works properly. comparing my control from the demo site, my control is generating something from silverlight. and it is the one the holds the tab focus. and another thing, when i am focused on "<input class="ruButton ruBrowse" type="button" tabindex="-1" value="Browse...">
" nothing is happening when i press the enter button. Please help me with this one. Thank you.

Regards,

Dean
<object id="ctl00_MainContent_uscUploadMetadatasilverlight010" class="ruObject" height="22px" type="application/x-silverlight-2" data="data:application/x-silverlight-2," style="width: 100%;">
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
answered on 29 Aug 2012, 06:52 AM
Hi Dean,

In order to use the keyboard navigation you need to disable Silverlight and Flash upload modules. Set DisablePlugins property to true will stop the usage of the plugins and the control will start using the IFrame module. Keep in mind the if you want to open the dialog window you need to use the space key. For detailed information please review the following demo and its instructions.

Regards,
Peter Filipov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
AsyncUpload
Asked by
Bassem
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
Bassem
Top achievements