This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadDock modal from a user control

3 Answers 79 Views
Dock
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
ithihas
Top achievements
Rank 1
ithihas asked on 12 Jul 2012, 08:12 AM

Hi,

I have a user control that is loaded dynamically from another page using a placeholder. I want to show a modal RadDock (defined in the .ascx page) when the user clicks a button that is contained in the user control. I have tried with the modal extender and the RadDock is showed, but all the page and the user control gets disabled including the RadDock itself (this not happens if I show a modal RadDock from a single .aspx page without user controls).

Is it possible to use modal RadDock from a user control, without the RadDock getting disabled after showing?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Slav
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2012, 04:56 PM
Hi Pradeep,

I have prepared a sample that recreates the scenario you described. Please use it as a reference for incorporating the desired functionality into your actual project.

Regards,
Slav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Sergio
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Sep 2012, 04:02 PM
Hello, I would like to use this in a web control that is used to edit values ​​of a grid, is this possible?
Slav
Telerik team
answered on 20 Sep 2012, 08:50 AM
Hello Sergio,

Please elaborate on the way you want to implement this functionality in your project so that I can help you accordingly. Note that if your goal is to display a pop-up for editing the grid data and if you are using the RadGrid, there is a built-in pop-up edit form that is easy to enable as shown in this online demo.

Kind regards,
Slav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Dock
Asked by
ithihas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Slav
Telerik team
Sergio
Top achievements
Rank 1