This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Recurrence Editor

4 Answers 117 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
James B.
Top achievements
Rank 1
James B. asked on 24 May 2012, 01:39 AM
How do I do the following:

1. Remove Hourly, Daily, Monthly & Yearly recurrence radio buttons? Just want weekly.
2. Remove "Recur every 1 weeks on" - just want to do 1 week so will that default still work if control is hidden?
3. Do not allow recurrence of another recurrence - specifically don't allow recurrence of a record w/ a recurrentparentid.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 24 May 2012, 09:37 PM
Hi James,

Please, review the help topic on Customizing the advanced form using javascript/jQuery and CSS, specifically the code samples on:
  • Hide the "no end date" option in the recurrence panel
  • Hide the "hourly" option and the first two days for the "weekly" option in the recurrence panel

Kind regards,
Peter
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
James B.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 May 2012, 03:00 PM
Peter,

Not having any luck getting the clientFormCreated method to fire. Do I need to wire them up on the control? My grid client id is ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RadScheduler1 so wasn't sure if I needed to change the js at all. Also, do I put the script inside <telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server"> or can it just be normal javascript tags? Thanks.

* UPDATE * - I found the OnClientFormCreated event.
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 28 May 2012, 10:17 AM
Hello James,

Usually, if you use RadAjaxManager you need to wrap the script in RadCodeBlock. Do you get any errors without it?

Also, after you last update that you managed to wire the OnClientFormCreated event, were you able to achieve your goal?

Regards,
Peter
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
James B.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jun 2012, 06:24 PM
Sorry for the delay. I'm not using RadAjaxManager so that's probably why I'm not getting any errors. The page also has some traditional ajax controls like ModalPopupExtender so I'm wrapping the scheduler in an asp:UpdatePanel. Seems to be working ok. Also, the hiding controls is working. Thanks.
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
James B.
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
James B.
Top achievements
Rank 1