This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Grid Sorting

1 Answer 58 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jillian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jillian asked on 16 Apr 2012, 02:43 PM
I am trying to sort a calculated column in an telerik grid, following this example in the demos.

<telerik:GridCalculatedColumn UniqueName="Name" SortExpression="LastName" HeaderText="Calculated Column"
   DataFields
="FirstName, LastName" Expression='{0} + "&nbsp;" + {1}' FooterText="CalculatedColumn footer">
</
telerik:GridCalculatedColumn>

Even though the sort expression says last name, the column is being sorted on the first name. 

How can i actually sort on last name?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 20 Apr 2012, 08:09 AM
Hi Jillian,

We were able to replicate the described issue locally and it seems this problematic behaviour is a bug in the GridCalculatedColumn. We already logged this in our tracking system and our dev team will do their best to provide a fix in some of the upcoming releases.

You can follow the PITS Issue by its ID: 10792. Here you can find the PITS Issue:Public URL 

Thank you for reporting this bug. As a token of gratitude I'm updating your Telerik points.

Regards,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Jillian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
Share this question
or