This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Reset Scrollbar to Top

8 Answers 159 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brad asked on 21 Mar 2012, 04:04 PM
I have a paginated RadGrid populated server-side via NeedDataSource. Pagination is handled via AJAX. When we scroll down the results in the grid, hit the next page button, we want the scroll bar to be reset back to the top of the gird. Currently, it is persisting to its last position.

I've tried both solutions in this post: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/grid/reset-scrollbar-to-top.aspx

Is there a solution for this? And why doesn't SaveScrollPosition="False" work? We are using version 2011.1.519.35 of Telerik.Web.UI.

Thanks.

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2012, 04:37 PM
Hi Brad,

Can you please verify that you have tried the solution presented in the following help article and it does not work for you?
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/ajax-panel-scrolltotop.html

All the best,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Mar 2012, 04:40 PM
I don't think that's relevant to my issue. I don't need to set the scrollbar of the browser window to the top, but the scrollbar within the grid itself. Does that make sense?
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 26 Mar 2012, 02:39 PM
Hello Brad,

Can you please download latest version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX and verify that SaveScrollPosition="False" is not working?

Kind regards,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Mar 2012, 02:46 PM
Not unless there is a patch to version 2011.1.519.35, because that's the one our client has purchased.
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2012, 09:56 PM
Hello Brad,

I have tested SaveScrollPosition property with version 2011.1.519.35 of RadControls and it is working properly. Please examine the attached sample project and let us know what is the difference in your case.

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
SDI
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Sep 2012, 02:58 AM
Is there documentation on how to get the grid scroll bar on top and bottom? This is of course a grid only - not wrapped in a ajaxapanel, but wrapped in a div.

Thanks
SDI
SDI
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Oct 2012, 10:47 PM
Anybody? How are you able to put the Grid scroll bar on top and the bottom? There is not a property for the grid?!?!
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 18 Oct 2012, 01:50 PM
Hello Brian,

There is no  such properties implemented for the grid scrolling. However, you can use the JavaScript code snippet below to set the scrollbar top and respectively bottom:

Top:
function onGridCreated(sender)
{
   sender.ClientSettings.Scrolling.ScrollTop = 0;
}

Bottom:
function onGridCreated(sender)
{
   var dataTable = sender.get_masterTableView().get_element();
   sender.ClientSettings.Scrolling.ScrollTop = dataTable.offsetHeight -    dataTable.parentNode.offsetHeight;
}

All the best,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina
Telerik team
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1