This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadWindow issue

2 Answers 38 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Naupad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Naupad asked on 09 Feb 2012, 11:54 PM
I have only 1 RadWindowManager on a page and the window manager has 2 rad windows with different Navigateurl values.(Both are different .aspx pages) Among them, 1 works fine but any event is not firing on the other window. I am trying to use OnClientClose event and its not calling the function. I tried using different events for that window but still it is not firing for any event.

FYI:
I already have DestroyOnClose=true for both windows and manager.

HELP....

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 13 Feb 2012, 12:20 PM
Hi Naupad,

Please make sure that the syntax is correct - i.e. there isn't a typing mistake in the event handlers names. You can see a list here. You should also make sure that you only pass the function name to the property, without parentheses. I can also advise that you check if you have any JavaScript errors on the page as they are often a reason for such behavior. Any error breaks the browser's JS engine and no more scripts are executed. You should also confirm which is the window that does not fire its events and if it has been opened and closed before, as DestroyOnClose would also remove the event handlers since the RadWindow that has them attached no longer exists. You can try settings this property to false, especially if you wish to open and close this RadWindow multiple times while persisting its configuration. An alternative is to add the needed handlers when you open its via JavaScript, which will allow you to keep the DestroyOnClose. If you are still unable to resolve this please post the relevant code along with the steps needed to reproduce the issue so we can see what the problem is. Also, if you have the AjaxControlToolki assembly in this project I suggest you remove it and test again, as it often outputs wrong MS AJAX scripts that can break our controls.

Greetings,
Marin
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Naupad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Feb 2012, 03:15 PM
I am sorry, I forgot to re-post again. I was actually passing wrong ID for the Rad Window as an argument to radwindow.open on the client side.
I fixed it as soon as I changed that ID to the correct one.

Thank You.
Tags
Window
Asked by
Naupad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Naupad
Top achievements