This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

508 compliance 1194.22 (i) related to Ifream failed

7 Answers 107 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Manish
Top achievements
Rank 1
Manish asked on 20 Mar 2012, 01:39 PM

We are using lots of telerik control almost all the pages of our application.
we are failed for 508 compliance  1194.22 (i). the below message is displaying on validating the page. we have fix it for RadMenu by adding the enableoverlay = false.

• IFRAME-3
    • Name not specified
    • Longdesc not specified
    • Title not specified
    • Src="javascript:'';"
  • IFRAME-4
    • Name not specified
    • Longdesc not specified
    • Title not specified

It would be great if you can suggest what all control and there fixes pertaining to 508 section 1194.22 (i)  for iframe test

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2012, 05:45 PM
Hi Manish,

Can you elaborate a bit more on your scenario?  What are the controls that you are using that fail the test? In general you can check our demos (in the Accessibility and internationalization section -> Accessibility ) of the different controls as well as our on-line documentation (Standards Compliance) where you can find more information about the various Telerik controls.

Greetings,
Kate
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Manish
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Mar 2012, 07:08 AM
Hi Kate,

I am using the radcombobox on a page

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddlClass" runat="server" DropDownWidth="150px" Width="150px"
                                HighlightTemplatedItems="true" AppendDataBoundItems="True" Height="100px" AutoPostBack="True"
                                OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddlClass_SelectedIndexChanged">
                            </telerik:RadComboBox>

When i validate the page for 508 compliance 1194.22 (i) . it says "Frames shall be titled with text that facilitates frame identification and navigation".  It failed and show title and longdesc not specified for IFRAME-4. e.g.

• IFRAME-4
    • Name not specified
    • Longdesc not specified
    • Title not specified

To validate this I am using WAVE toolbar for Internet Explorer.
When I remove the Radcombobox, above said "IFRAME-4" removed. and WAVE tool pass the page.

Although i have visited the Radcombobox/Accessibility section on website, but i did not get any help on that.

i am looking on the other control, i will keep posting my finding on other control

Just to add on it we are also using the RadMenu, it also failed but after searching on internet we found that by the iframes will remove if we set EnableOverlay property to false

Thanks,
Manish

Kate
Telerik team
answered on 27 Mar 2012, 10:47 AM
Hi Manish,

You can try setting the EnableOverlay property of the RadComboBox to false and see how it goes. Another approach that you could also try is to place the following code after the script manager of the page where you have the control:
<script type="text/javascript">
Telerik.Web.UI.Overlay.IsSupported = function () { return false };
</script>

Regards,
Kate
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Manish
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Mar 2012, 06:00 AM
Hi Kate,

Thanks for your replay, it works for the issue related to RadcomboBox. But we are still getting the IFRAME due to other control like RadEditor, Treeview etc.

If you has the list of control and corresponding fixes for this particular issue would be very helpful. Although we are going throw the application and finding those controls.

Thanks,
Manish
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 29 Mar 2012, 01:50 PM
Hello Manish,

Considering the RadEditor control in case you do not need to render an IFRAME you can use a div content area (ContentAreaMode="Div") or use the AccessibleRadEditor. Telerik offers a specially developed version of RadEditor for blind or visually impaired people, named AccessibleEditor which is validated not only by lead Accessibility and Section 508 validation tools but also by real blind people. I also tested the RadTreeView control (you can refer to our on-line demo here) but I can not get any error.

All the best,
Kate
the Telerik team
Manish
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 May 2012, 12:51 PM
Hi,
I use the ContentAreaMode="Div". After that i am not able to use bullet, image upload etc. I added the markup which we are using is below in post. please let us know what wrong we are doing.

Thanks
Manish

<telerik:RadEditor ID="editorUpdate" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="true"
                                EditModes="Design" Width="400" Height="200" EnableResize="false" AllowScripts="false"
                                StripFormattingOptions="AllExceptNewLines" ContentAreaMode="Div">
                                <FontNames>
                                </FontNames>
                                <Tools>
                                    <telerik:EditorToolGroup>
                                        <telerik:EditorTool Name="Bold" ShowIcon="true" ShowText="false" />
                                        <telerik:EditorTool Name="Italic" ShowIcon="true" ShowText="false" />
                                        <telerik:EditorTool Name="Underline" ShowIcon="true" ShowText="false" />
                                        <telerik:EditorTool Name="FontSize" ShowIcon="true" ShowText="false" />
                                        <telerik:EditorTool Name="FontName" ShowIcon="true" ShowText="false" />
                                        <telerik:EditorTool Name="ForeColor" ShowIcon="true" ShowText="false" />
                                        <telerik:EditorTool Name="BackColor" ShowIcon="true" ShowText="false" />
                                    </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
                                    <telerik:EditorToolGroup>
                                        <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertOrderedList" ShowIcon="true" ShowText="false" />
                                        <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertUnorderedList" ShowIcon="true" ShowText="false" />
                                        <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertImage" ShowIcon="true" ShowText="false" />
                                    </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
                                </Tools>
                            </telerik:RadEditor>
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 02 May 2012, 04:07 PM
Hi,

Are you able to reproduce the mentioned problems in the ContentAreaMode="DIV" live demo of RadEditor? If not, my recommendation is to upgrade to the latest version of the control: 2012.1.411 (Q1 2012 SP1).

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Manish
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kate
Telerik team
Manish
Top achievements
Rank 1