This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

500 Internal Server Error - Telerik.ReportViewer.axd?instanceID=e6204a0004c64dba8b95fdee47c0fd0e&optype=Report&PageIndex=0&RenderID=5f481db5a30340fd84

1 Answer 472 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Siva
Top achievements
Rank 1
Siva asked on 09 May 2018, 07:06 PM

Hello,

I am trying to deploy the Telerik Report Viewer to the web server. I am getting the following error.

"Telerik.ReportViewer.axd?instanceID=e6204a0004c64dba8b95fdee47c0fd0e&optype=Report&PageIndex=0&RenderID=5f481db5a30340fd84ddaa1797c3c109&RenderingFormat=HTML5Interactive 500 (Internal Server Error)"

NOTE : It is working fine in my development machine. while deploying to the web server , I am getting this error. Please help. 

<system.webServer>
    <handlers>
      <remove name="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd_*"/>
      <add name="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd_*" path="Telerik.ReportViewer.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler, Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=11.0.17.222, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" preCondition="integratedMode" />
    </handlers>
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
    </system.webServer>

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 14 May 2018, 12:20 PM
Hello Siva,

From the provided information I assume that you use the obsolete ASP.NET Web Forms Report Viewer.

When deploying a Web Application project the required Telerik Reporting assemblies from the GAC (Telerik.Reporting.dll and Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll) are not copied automatically so you need to make sure the assemblies physically exist in the application bin folder. Check the Deploying Web Applications article for more information.

Our recommendation is to switch to the HTML5 ASP.NET Web Forms Report Viewer - a dedicated Web Forms wrapper of the HTML5 Report Viewer.
Check also the Migrate to the HTML5 Viewer from the old ASP.NET WebForms ReportViewer control KB article.

Regards,
Todor
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Siva
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Todor
Telerik team
Share this question
or