This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

500 Error On File Selection (VB)

1 Answer 62 Views
Upload
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Connor
Top achievements
Rank 1
Connor asked on 25 Jan 2021, 05:20 PM

Hi, first time posting here so let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.

I'm using a RadAsyncUploader to stash a file on S3. When a file is selected, it gets put into a virtual directory. Then when the "submit" button is clicked, the file is grabbed from the virtual directory and uploaded to S3. When I'm doing all of this locally, the whole process works perfectly fine. However, when I put the code on a server, I get a 500 error on file selection. I believe that this means that the RadAsyncUploader can't find the virtual directory.

Any ideas on why this is happening? I'll put the html where the uploader is defined below:

<telerik:RadAsyncUpload ID="radULDocument" runat="server" CssClass="ppUpload" MaxFileSize="10240000" AllowedFileExtensions="jpg,pdf,png" TargetFolder="~/tempImageUpload/original" AutoAddFileInputs="false" PostbackTriggers="btnSubmit" OnClientAdded="uploadLoaded" OnClientFileUploaded="fileUploaded" Localization-Select="Browse" Localization-Remove="Remove" />

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Attila Antal
Telerik team
answered on 24 Feb 2021, 11:34 AM

Hi Conor,

You can check out the Dealing with the 500 Error Code (Server Error) section of the Web Resources Troubleshooting article and try the suggested steps to troubleshoot the issue. 

Regards,
Attila Antal
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Tags
Upload
Asked by
Connor
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Attila Antal
Telerik team
Share this question
or