This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Recurrence Editor

2 Answers 152 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
abhijit
Top achievements
Rank 1
abhijit asked on 20 Sep 2011, 01:11 PM
Hi ,

I am using RadSchedulerRecurrenceEditor control only ( No Schedular).

i am using window manager to popup Recurrenceeditor  from same page as a popup window on click of button.
please see following code
<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" ShowContentDuringLoad="false">
        <Windows>
                       <telerik:RadWindow ID="winPopupRecurrence" runat="server" 
                ShowContentDuringLoad="true" KeepInScreenBounds="true" Modal="true" Width="600px"
                Height="450px">
                <ContentTemplate>
                    <div
                        <telerik:RadSchedulerRecurrenceEditor ID="RadRecurrenceEditor" runat="server">
                        </telerik:RadSchedulerRecurrenceEditor>

</br>
                        <asp:Button ID="BtnSaveRecurrence" runat="server" Text="Save" CausesValidation = "false"  OnClientClick = "Close(); return false;"/>
                    </div>

</ContentTemplate>
            </telerik:RadWindow>
        </Windows>
    </telerik:RadWindowManager>

Code file
winPopupRecurrence.OpenerElementID = LbRecurrencePattern.ClientID;
now when i open this window i can see recurrence editor control.
i have added following JS functions for by default checking recurrence option and hiding hourly and yearly option
function pageLoad() {
        var $ = $telerik.$;
        $(".RecurrenceEditor").children().each(function (i) {
            if (i == 0) {
                $($($(this).children()[0]).children()[0]).attr("checked", "checked");
            }
            else if (i == 1)
                this.style.display = "block";
        });
        var $ = $telerik.$;
        $(".rsRecurrenceOptionList").children().each(function (i) {
            if (i == 0 || i == 4)
                $(this).hide();
        });

Till this point its working fine.

now i am facing some issues:
1. in weekly option list i want to set day checkbox checked as true for todays date. e.g. if today is monday , monday checkbox should be checked and  same for other days.
2. in monthly list option , drowpdown are not working to select for any specific day of month. but if we press up or down arrow click it is working.
3. in popup window i have put close button . but when i click on that i dont get window object in parent page. my parent page contains master page.
4. I also want to check recurrence end date with my one variable on page . i am not able to get end date from recurrenceeditor.

can you please help me in above issues ... its urrgent.

Thanks,
Abhijit Chaudhari

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
abhijit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Sep 2011, 09:39 AM
Hi can any one look into above scenario please.
Ivana
Telerik team
answered on 23 Sep 2011, 09:59 AM
Hello Abhijit,

I was not really able to reproduce the scenario from the code sent.

However, you can use the code bellow to find the recurrence editor:
var $ = $telerik.$;
var recurrenceEditorJQuery = $("[id$='RadRecurrenceEditor']");
var recurrenceEditor = $find(recurrenceEditorJQuery.attr("id"));
Having the RadRecurrenceEditor as an object, you can easily get its recurrenceRule by using
recurrenceEditor.get_recurrenceRule(); or its endDate by using the following code line: recurrenceEditor.get_endDate();

As for the today's date, you could get the list that contains the recurrence options which has a class named ".rsRecurrenceOptionList", get its week option and set the day which corresponds to the today's date to checked.

Also, you could tale a look at the online help articles of the RadRecurrenceEditor at our web site:
RadScheduler; RadRecurrenceEditor: Overview.

For your third question, I am not sure I understand what is the experienced scenario.
Could you please, send a support ticket where the issue isolated in a sample demo project can be attached to the message?

Best wishes,
Ivana
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
abhijit
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
abhijit
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ivana
Telerik team